Lunesis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey folks, I am just trying to iron out some of the fine details for my project and wanted to know if it was possible to create a 'cast warning' using VisuStella's ATB system with a field gauge. I have a boss with a really slow casting spell that will wipe out the party if it isn't interrupted in time. Remember this guy?
1628090774806.png
That is what I am going for, but I am having trouble figuring out how to find the condition for 'Enemy A casts Spell B' in the troop events in order to trigger my warning message. Can somebody put me on the right path for this?

This is my ATB bar at the top of the screen and although the big spell is already interruptible and the cast time is relatively slow, I worry the player might not realize that they need to drop what they are doing and interrupt without some sort of visual cue or warning message.
1628091109841.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I THINK I have a slightly better grasp on drawing my maps now... sorta. I still need to figure out how to draw a city of sorts. I've only got the abstract going so far.
One day, I'll not have this lingering cough and we'll have another make a game stream.
A music I create while practicing E Major scale. :D
Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nesutokung