krakenmaster

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello,

I've recently began using the Auto Skill Triggers plugin from Visustella - which allows for skills to auto trigger during specific instances; taking damage, enemy death, player death etc.

The plugin appears to be running fine; when my character takes physical damage she then immediately uses a skill that boosts her attack. The problem occurs when this Auto skill interacts with the TPB battle system in very specific ways. If the characters turn is queued up and the player attempts to act - using the attack command for example - right before or during the triggering of the Auto skill; one of two things occur: The game crashes with an error "Cannot read property 'setAttack'/'setTarget' of undefined, OR the Auto skill goes off, but then the player input never goes off, and the TPB gauge stays perma full and no one else can act and no action is performed.

My question is if anyone else has familiarity with this plugin and has run into this before? Is there a some plugin parameter that I'm not using correctly? Or did I just find a game breaking bug? I know I could just use the turned based system, but I would like to avoid that if at all possible.

Things I've Done: Created a new project, and used only the plugin (plus the core that is required).

Any help would be appreciated, including pointing me in a direction to make a bug report.

Thank you.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
it's kinda hard to help with visustella plugin bug since the code is obfuscated (cannot be read by human easily)... thus it would be better if you submit bug report to the visustella team directly...

to submit bug report... you can open this page:

follow step by step on that page BEFORE submitting bug report (updating plugin, testing, etc)...
then if the bug still happen proceed to bug report by clicking the link in step 8...
you also need to create a blank fresh project demo that install the bugged plugin and upload it somewhere (google drive / drop box / anything)... which replicate the bug 100% of the time...
and submit the demo with instruction on how to replicate the bug step by step...

visustella team usually will check your demo... try to replicate the bug... and try to fix their code at the next update schedule... unless it's compatibility issues with other people plugin... (which might or might not done by visustella team...) but since you said you only use visustella... i think that will not be a problem for you...

hope this help.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Looks like I'm going to have to cancel another game.
For now it is in testing phase: Changing the game icon from Rm2k/2k3 without needing to edit the executable.
Rm2k-DinChangeIcon.png
When there's a will, there's a lifehack. :ninja:

Before i mess with battle UI further, does it look decent enough? :hswt:
Free MZ? That's good. I should go try it out then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
weather00