Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hi All
As always im throwing myself onto the great community to see if they can guide me from throwing my head against the brick wall :kaoswt:

I'm hoping more for a confirmation then a full solution (though if someone is able to provide it i'd be eternally grateful)

My game has a super simple and automated execution of allowing a characters outfit to change based on equipment on the game screen
Equips.gifThis is because each equipment level is linked to a variable number

However it would make sense to be able to see the character change in the menu screens instead of waiting till the player is back on the the game screen

So i'm asking if its possible to draw this in the JS: Portrait upper

1632735218077.png

effectively i'd like to replicate the same as the game screen which is

"If variable 1 = 1 , showpicture 'filepath/image1'
if vairable 2 = 1 , showpicture 'filepath/image1'"

to layer a series of images to build a character that changes in menu but im not sure if it supports this functionality as
'.drawitemactormenuimage' is custom

Again if anyone can answer about whether its doable or has done it would be great. a full'this is how to write it' would be mind blowing :kaothx: but im happy to muddle my way through on my own if someone can say that im right in my thinking that this is the place it should be/can be done

PS : I know there's a change image plugin command but this is one static image and doesn't support equipment customisations (unless you have a static image of every conceivable outfit permutation)

Passingbyposts

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
in the end it was just easier to make my own equip menu then get an answer on this blackbox plugin

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......
party time.png
If you've played Knight Shift Chapter 1 this image'll mean something to you. If not, that's also fine!
Here's a medical question for ya: Why do I start lightly coughing after I drink coffee?
Well, someone "reviewed" my game. Didn't credit me anywhere in the video and spent 2 minutes insulting it. Going to ignore that and move on.
To cut down on map lag, I've been researching how to implement a lighting layer as a single map overlay instead of a bunch of individual lights. Hopefully I'll have a screenshot soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19TaTo94