Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Simple question. I've got enemies with sv battlers, so how do I include them when I'm deploying a game with "exclude unused files" checked. Is there a different way than creating dummy actors for each animated sv_battler?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically there are two different ways to tell the editor that a file needs to be included for the project to work.

one is that is is used somewhere in the engine, even if that part is never used in the game itself. This is often done with a fake map that is not connected to any ingame map, or with fake database entries.

the other way is a javascript command for registering resources, but unfortunately a lot of plugins do not use that command.

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
basically there are two different ways to tell the editor that a file needs to be included for the project to work.

one is that is is used somewhere in the engine, even if that part is never used in the game itself. This is often done with a fake map that is not connected to any ingame map, or with fake database entries.

the other way is a javascript command for registering resources, but unfortunately a lot of plugins do not use that command.
What's the javascript command?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The easiest way to do it is to have a dummy event that uses the "change actor image" to reference the image rather than using dummy actors. Alternatively you can have a dummy project you use for deployments, add the things that "exclude unused files" misses to it and then deploy with exclude unused files and overwrite the dummy project, then deploy that dummy project.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it should be listed in the help file - it was there for MV, and I don't know if it is the same for MZ

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The easiest way to do it is to have a dummy event that uses the "change actor image" to reference the image rather than using dummy actors. Alternatively you can have a dummy project you use for deployments, add the things that "exclude unused files" misses to it and then deploy with exclude unused files and overwrite the dummy project, then deploy that dummy project.

it should be listed in the help file - it was there for MV, and I don't know if it is the same for MZ
Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The thing I don't like about VRMMORPG anime is that they're unrealistic. I mean, we know we have a lot of ping issues, latency, and desync. Would be funny if you shoot a player and they immediately teleport somewhere because "ha, your internet suck!".
I've decided to try and be more social and less nervous about engaging. I'm always over thinking things - from now on when I'm worried or don't get something I'll just ask.
Sometimes a mechanic that is meant to add challenge is just annoying. Even the Final Fantasy games did not completely escape this pitfall of design. (FF8 draw system I'm looking at you - grrrr)
starting working on the sprites for one of my games major antagonists finally. here's the first frame of his chanting motion in battle.
Have spent too much time hammering out with a friend just how to make a reoccurring enemy that permanently learns skills you use against her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bloodless