Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Simple question. I've got enemies with sv battlers, so how do I include them when I'm deploying a game with "exclude unused files" checked. Is there a different way than creating dummy actors for each animated sv_battler?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
basically there are two different ways to tell the editor that a file needs to be included for the project to work.

one is that is is used somewhere in the engine, even if that part is never used in the game itself. This is often done with a fake map that is not connected to any ingame map, or with fake database entries.

the other way is a javascript command for registering resources, but unfortunately a lot of plugins do not use that command.

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
basically there are two different ways to tell the editor that a file needs to be included for the project to work.

one is that is is used somewhere in the engine, even if that part is never used in the game itself. This is often done with a fake map that is not connected to any ingame map, or with fake database entries.

the other way is a javascript command for registering resources, but unfortunately a lot of plugins do not use that command.
What's the javascript command?

Htlaets

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The easiest way to do it is to have a dummy event that uses the "change actor image" to reference the image rather than using dummy actors. Alternatively you can have a dummy project you use for deployments, add the things that "exclude unused files" misses to it and then deploy with exclude unused files and overwrite the dummy project, then deploy that dummy project.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it should be listed in the help file - it was there for MV, and I don't know if it is the same for MZ

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The easiest way to do it is to have a dummy event that uses the "change actor image" to reference the image rather than using dummy actors. Alternatively you can have a dummy project you use for deployments, add the things that "exclude unused files" misses to it and then deploy with exclude unused files and overwrite the dummy project, then deploy that dummy project.

it should be listed in the help file - it was there for MV, and I don't know if it is the same for MZ
Thank you.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Figured I would start posting what I am working on here. Anyways, a quest system plugin I have been working on:
20mgjmZ.png

What features would yall like to see in a quest system?
Playing my game to improve my game. (Totally not procrastinating)
Hope he recovers fast :|
Looks like it's functional:
It's a common thing to forget eating &drinking while you are working concentrated, right?
If I had discovered RPG-Maker before moving together with my girlfriend, I'd have died of dehydration a long time ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spooky_frog