RMMZ [VisuStella] How to remove mention of Level and XP?

GammaVector

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not using a level system for my game - progression is instead based on gear and key items (think Legend of Zelda - new tools allow access to new areas, etc). Trouble is, the engine very much expects me to use XP and level up my characters regularly.

I'm using the VisuStella plugin suite because it seems like the simplest all-in-one solution to a whole bunch of bugaboos. (Particularly, it solves a lot of my problems around event conditions and the item/gear system)

So, if I want to remove XP and levels entirely...Where do I even start with that? What do I need to change or edit in the menu in order to get it not to show those things? And for that matter, is there any way to fix the battle screen as well? So far I've been working around the problem by just making all my enemies drop 0 XP, but it still Tells Me That after every battle.

I'm sure it's possible to do this, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. (FWIW, I have absolutely zero JS experience, but am trying to get up to speed. I used to use VX Ace and then gave up on game development for several years because my life got a bit complicated after university. But now I've got free time again, and it seems prudent to use the new maker/engine rather than trying to dust off Ace, even if I understand its scripts much better...)

Edit: I did find this thread: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/help-remove-level-exp-and-item-categories.86741/
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to apply the same solution to the VisuStella menu setup. Please, someone help me!

Edit The Second: I am an idiot who didn't realize you could DOUBLE CLICK ON PLUGINS IN THE PLUGIN MANAGER. I couldn't for the LIFE of me figure out how to change plugin parameters - I thought it might have been done with a common event or something, ahaha...Turns out I'm just dumb. ^^;

Last edited:

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
i did not figure that one either yet

link12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can request an ABS plugin or use MV instead with an ABS plugin cos I was able to do what you desire.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Took the kids to a corn maze. They gave us a map and had lights at certain points in the maze. Not overwhelming... or underwhelming... just... whelming.
Okay, vacuuming fruit flies out of the air is surprisingly effective.
Finally finished my menu redesign after like a month of coding! I hate designing menus... Good news though - I thought of a complete redesign for it now, so yay...
Still no scam calls all day... also I got a quick gig designing a mascot drawing for a small business, so I might actually make some green of my own after all. That would be a perfect job for me, since I love art and digital design.
Job concerns. Love where I work, but I have severe anxiety while I'm outside at night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RewSYso