Hiro Sandwich

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

I'm trying to use the full actor portraits (steam dlc img\pictures folder) in place of the standard actor busts (new data img\pictures folder) with Visustella Main Menu Core using the portrait style layout. I was unable to find a solution on the Visustella sample product thread or Visustella wiki and couldn't find a related thread for Visustella Main Menu Core or MV Yanfly Main Menu Core.

The full portraits have larger canvas sizes compared to the standard busts and the default plugin parameters seem to be tuned to the standard bust size. When using the full portraits with the actor image note tag, the images don't display the way I was hoping in the main menu.

Is it possible to adjust the plugin parameters to scale portrait images?
  • If so, how can I make adjustments?
  • In not, would I have better luck shrinking/cropping the images in Photoshop/GIMP?

Here's what the main menu looks like when setting actor images to the full portraits:
mainmenu.png

What I'd like to do is to scale each image to fit the height of each actor pane... meaning the tops of heads/hats all are at the top of the box and the feet are at the bottom:

scale_y.png

Alternatively, if it is easier I would like to simply scale all portraits by a constant (like 50%)... since the actor images are different sizes this would probably result in the the heads and/or feet not lining up (depending on how the images are centered or anchored):

scale_const.png

I was able to adjust the scaling for SUB menus using the parameters, but cannot seem to find how to do it in the main menu parameters:

status.png
Adjustments to sub menus are straightforward because there are scaling parameters are in General Settings > JS: Actor BG Action

this.anchor.x = 0.55;
this.anchor.y = 0.01;
const scale = 0.5; <-- was 1.25 by default
this.scale.x = this.scale.y = scale;

I'm not sure how to adjust the image scaling using the main menu parameters. I know I'm looking at the parameters for the menu style I have set because when trying to apply scaling (using trial and error, not actual knowledge of JS) after "this.drawItemActorMenuImage(actor, gx, gy, gw, gh);" I shrunk the entire menu pane but did not improve the image scaling.

// Declare Constants
const actor = arguments[0];
const rect = arguments[1];

// Make Constants
const lineHeight = this.lineHeight();
const gaugeLineHeight = this.gaugeLineHeight();
const totalHeight = (lineHeight * 4.5) + (gaugeLineHeight * ($dataSystem.optDisplayTp ? 3 : 2));

// Draw Actor Graphic
const gw = rect.width;
const gh = rect.height;
const gx = rect.x;
const gy = rect.y;
this.drawItemActorMenuImage(actor, gx, gy, gw, gh);

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to adjust the plugin parameters to scale portrait images?
Yes. You can go to the Vizus_BattleCore parameter, go to the battle layout settings, there you'll find 4 kinds of settings depends what you picked:
Scroll down to the Portrait Style, and you'll find the Portrait scaling option. It's by default set to 0.5 (You can scale the higher or lower depends on your liking.

EDIT: as for the actor images in different scenes (Skill, Status, etc.), I don't know how.

Hiro Sandwich

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll keep at it. I'm still learning and sometimes working on something else leads to the answer.

@Elliott404, you're right that there is a scaling parameter that's easy to find in Battle Layout Settings - so at least the battle screen won't be an issue! Thank you.

Sadly, main menu scaling is not as intuitive as sub menus and battle menus. I didn't think to look in other plugin settings, so I'll check the core engine parameters and note tag guide next.

quarter scale.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...
This video really speaks to me...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duskpyx