KilljoyAGP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've used the search and couldn't find an answer to this. And yes, I'm a total newb to this! I bought Visustella's quest system for RPGM MZ and I understand how to use it (they gave a good help log...sort of) but what I can't figure out is this: How do I get the quest section to appear in the menu AT ALL? Their help log doesn't say. Any help?

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Go to Quest Categories.
1613972489969.png

You'll see Main, Side, Challenge Quests.
1613972538323.png
Whichever you choose, go here.
1613972575923.png
Then you should be able to edit each Quests.
1613972626443.png
Afterwards, once completed, you go to your Event, click on Plugin Command and click on Quest System. You must have the Quest ID key name (It's shown in the picture above this sentence)
1613972745813.png
Make sure to click on Add/Complete/Fail/Remove

And click on Quest Keys. In this case, mine says Welcome. It should look like this.

1613972866692.png

Then you go to Status. Add to Known. Which should be like that by default.

EDIT: Just realize what you're asking. Sorry about that. Go to the Plugin Command and click on "Show Quest in Menu?"
1613973083022.png

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

KilljoyAGP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Go to Quest Categories.
View attachment 180405

You'll see Main, Side, Challenge Quests.
View attachment 180407
Whichever you choose, go here.
View attachment 180408
Then you should be able to edit each Quests.
View attachment 180409
Afterwards, once completed, you go to your Event, click on Plugin Command and click on Quest System. You must have the Quest ID key name (It's shown in the picture above this sentence)
View attachment 180411
Make sure to click on Add/Complete/Fail/Remove

And click on Quest Keys. In this case, mine says Welcome. It should look like this.

View attachment 180413

Then you go to Status. Add to Known. Which should be like that by default.

EDIT: Just realize what you're asking. Sorry about that. Go to the Plugin Command and click on "Show Quest in Menu?"
View attachment 180415
I set both 'Enable Quests in Menu' and 'Show Quests in Menu' as True and the quest tab STILL doesn't appear in the menu. This is why I am so confused. Is there a dependent plugin that I need for this to work?

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I set both 'Enable Quests in Menu' and 'Show Quests in Menu' as True and the quest tab STILL doesn't appear in the menu. This is why I am so confused. Is there a dependent plugin that I need for this to work?
It works for me with it alone. So this either tells me you have a compatibility problem or it's in the wrong list.

The list has Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3, etc... So you need to put them in the correct order. Just drag them up and make sure Quest System is below Tier 1 and above Tier 3 Plugin. It's a Tier 2 Plugin for Quest System.

If it's a compatibility problem, disable the rest of the plugins while keeping Quest System on and test them each to make sure it's still good. But make sure you do the Tier first if you haven't done it.

KilljoyAGP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I only have this one Visustella plugin and its at the top

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Can you tell me the list of Plugin you have in it's order? If you don't want to say it on the forum, you can always send me a message.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Try putting the plugin at the bottom and see what happens. You might want to try deleting YEP plugins, I think those are MV plugins, not MZ.

Also, you need to allow SRD Ultra Base to be activated.

1614042627558.png

It won't work without it, according to the bottom list.

KilljoyAGP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Did both, still a no.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Do you have any other Quest system in the game that's on? Another thing, have you restarted to a new game?

KilljoyAGP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I deleted all the plugins I'm not using, have placed the Vis plugin at the top, at the bottom, and started a new game with each thing. Still nothing.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Then try the new game one more the time and press F12. Show the picture of the Console on here. Maybe I can see what's going on. Consoles are handy to see if there's a compatible issue with another plugin. Though, sometimes, it only shows the issue with that specific plugin.

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I need to see this one.

1614043672909.png

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Alright, I think there's a compatibility issue with Khas plugins and VisuStella. Going to try using those same plugins and see for myself. Once I Have an answer, will come back on here.

Quick question, did you make sure the Software is up to date?

1614044067458.png
1614044097210.png

EDIT:

If you want to try using the VisuStella Core to see if it will help, and yes, I finally found it. Lol. Just download the demo and get the Core Engine. Make sure the Core Engine is above Quest System at all time.

KilljoyAGP

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just bought the Vis plugin so its the latest. Says version 1.11

JacSkulls

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I just bought the Vis plugin so its the latest. Says version 1.11
I was talking about the Software, not the Plugin. I had issues with some of the Plugins because of the Update on the Software. RPG Maker MZ. The update is on the Software's JavaScript to keep things smooth as you edit your game. Which sometimes, can change certain JS lines.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.
Alisa: Prophecy of the Falling Stars. Join Alisa, a quiet girl with a heart filled with love and hope, on her journey to prevent a calamity. My next RPG Maker music pack is my largest and most focused pack yet. It's a musical story that focuses on a young heroine named Alisa who has been assigned the ultimate task to prevent a calamity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Parkji