Welcome to the VisuStella thread.
We have decided to make one thread to direct all questions and problems to, so that we don’t spam up the rest of the forums. We did not originally want to make a post here as we never initially advertised on RMW’s forums, but there are too many people making threads and posting libelous comments about us, and so we have unfortunately had to step in.
If you have a problem with our TOU, please kindly uninstall our software and find an alternative. It is not VisuStella’s responsibility to appease your demands.
If you have a comment or a problem about VisuStella that you were originally going to make your own thread for,
please read through this thread first and post your comments here instead. Thank you for your cooperation.
Yanfly's Official Statement about porting his plugins and obfuscation.
1. Firstly, please be aware that VisuStella is NOT an official source affiliated with Degica, KADOKAWA, or RPG Maker. We are just a small game development studio who want to make nice things for the community. We were given a copy of RPG Maker MZ just like multiple people in the Japanese community, and we began creating our plugins from the moment the JP sample projects went live.
2. Our works are PRIVATE WORK and are not meant to serve as a base for the entire community to build on. VisuStella’s works were created for game developers, BY GAME DEVELOPERS. We did these for our own games and decided to share our work with the community.
3. Although Yanfly has spent many years, blood, sweat and tears to provide code for the community to learn from and even make profit from, this is the direction we have chosen to take after much deliberation. We have kept our promise of distributing his Core Plugins for free, and we are working closely with him to achieve his original wants for his plugins going forward. Just because we said the cores are going to be free, it does not mean we are obligated to make the code public. We have a responsibility to respect the wishes of our team and the protection of their creation.
4. We would like to reiterate that our plugins are obfuscated to respect the wishes of our team and the protection of their creation. These are our private works that we are distributing for FREE. Please understand that difference.
5. VisuStella is not Yanfly. He has been working close with us to provide quality content as a mentor. We have his approval for obfuscating the code to, once again, respect the wishes of our team and the protection of their creation.
And now, an FAQ regarding plugin obfuscation:
Q: Why are we doing it?
A: It's to protect ourselves. It's same reason you encrypt your game when deploying it so people don't steal your assets and/or game. Many of our team members have had our code stolen by others and resold. We do not want it to happen again.
Q: But that just makes compatibility harder!
A: We don't do anything special to prevent basic functions from being used. If we do, it will be listed in the documentation. This should not be a problem. If there is an issue, a developer's implementation might be doing something unique that isn't standard in RM.
Q: But that makes extending VisuStella functions harder!
Q: But reading your code is the best way to learn how to make plugins!
Go to https://www.codecademy.com/
It's free, they have plenty of classes there, and even some dedicated to game design.
Q: But other plugin devs said they won't be making their plugins compatible with VisuStella!
A: What other devs do is none of our business. We're not forcing them to become compatible with ours. This is NOT dependent on the VisuStella team revealing their code for the public to see. In the rare event that a plugin developer actually needs to use our code to make it compatible, then all they have to do is just ask.
Q: But having to ask in person is so annoying!
We think as fellow content creators, it's only natural we ask for permission to use each other's works.
If you still have comments or questions, please be absolutely certain that it hasn’t been answered here in some way or another before asking here.
Please confine questions directed at VisuStella to this thread. There is no need to overload the rest of the forums with what VisuStella did to upset you.
We’d also like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been supportive and appreciative. You are the reason we continue to make plugins and assets, and we are grateful for your support.
EDIT - 22/08/2020
Just to make you aware, we will not frequently monitor this thread via the VisuStella account. If you have bugs or other issues, please take a look at the Troubleshooting Guide on the wiki
. If your problems persist, please use the link in Step 2.7 to report it to the developer team.
, specifically Article 5 which refers to taking responsibility for problems found in your game due to unintended usage, incompatibility problems with plugins outside of the VisuStella MZ library, plugin versions that aren't up to date, or the proper working of compatibility patches made by any third parties.
The VisuStella account will not be offering support for plugins here, and we are grateful that a few kind individuals from the developer team/tech support have stepped in to provide answers here.
Please feel free to continue to leave suggestions here for future assets and plugins. Although we may not respond, we will be looking back at this thread from time to time to view your comments.