Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for addressing these things. I'll definitely purchase the upcoming Quest Journal and when you guys get to it the Class Change System, JP/Skill Learn System, Multiple Currencies, and Stat Distribution. You guys do your thing and release things when you can. I disagree with you about your old Victory Aftermath though, I thought it was fine, not too bulky or too light, I kind of rolled my eyes when people were complaining about "too many screens, etc" when there's like 2 screens.

As a concerned "citizen" of RPG Maker community I implore you all to take things at a methodical pace, don't get too in a hurry or feel like you need to rush things out too quickly. Take your time, it's ok. Better that you guys have fun doing this and do it at a pace that doesn't make you hate your life or the community or make you want to quit the new team. Y'alls physical and mental health is more important than releasing plugins at breakneck speeds and appeasing the few disgruntled people who will likely never be satisfied.

Same here pretty much. I know I shouldn't because I probably won't use half the plugins but the plugins are so well done that I feel like I need to have them on hand just in case.

If you mean Stat Allocation (the one for using AP to boost stats) I've added a really cool new feature to it. :D

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The text in my games is not in maps, but in separate files.
Bonus for you! If you've already got it in individual files, you might be able to do a find and replace to reformat it all at once. Probably just need to figure out the particular regexp which can be tricky.

Leprikon01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bonus for you! If you've already got it in individual files, you might be able to do a find and replace to reformat it all at once. Probably just need to figure out the particular regexp which can be tricky.
Yes. But I don't know what code should be changed.

Proxxie_Desu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. But I don't know what code should be changed.
Hm, that's tough. Not sure how you're rendering your text, but I imagine it must get translated to a Show Text event command somehow if Yanfly's plugin created nameplates for you. Yours is probably one use case where it *would* be nice to have the old functionality back.

I'd talk to whoever made that thing you're using to render text and ask them if they can modify it to add names to the text block headers. They must be doing something very similar under the hood anyway if Yanfly's plugin did something for you.

Leprikon01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hm, that's tough. Not sure how you're rendering your text, but I imagine it must get translated to a Show Text event command somehow if Yanfly's plugin created nameplates for you. Yours is probably one use case where it *would* be nice to have the old functionality back.

I'd talk to whoever made that thing you're using to render text and ask them if they can modify it to add names to the text block headers. They must be doing something very similar under the hood anyway if Yanfly's plugin did something for you.
I am using a test localization plugin from DK.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
As far as paying more for the non-obfuscated code, I will discuss with my teammates on the matter. However, keep in mind that this is neither a promise nor is it guaranteed. This is because some of my teammates are victims of theft in the past, and I do not feel like I would make a good team leader if I can allow such a thing to happen to them again in the future.
I think you can also consider selling only some parts of the non-obfuscated codes per plugin(like one time price per part and periodic subscription for the right to buy parts), so legitimate users can at least have accesses to the small but crucial parts that let them tune and tweak the plugins(meaning that users need to state what they need to tune and tweak before being able to buy parts), while scammers still won't be able to steal those plugins, as those revealed parts alone won't even work at all on their own, especially when most of the VisuStella pluigins are rather big, causing those scammers to have to buy tons of parts to reassemble the whole thing.
Of course, it'd mean tons of effort and work on deciding which parts of the plugin can be revealed and what price of each part is(and it'd cause plugin updates involving those parts to be even more stressful than they already are), but at least some users will have another option(and VisuStella can earn even more), and it'd take a highly coordinated team of scammers to steal plugins by buying their parts and reassembling them into the wholes, meaning that the sheer amount of cost and difficulty involved would make the ROI ridiculously high, which is even more so when buyers need to state what they're going to do with those revealed parts, as it takes knowledge of the plugins on the user level to know what tweaks and tunes need accesses to the implementations, meaning that the input required and the risk involved(on revealing their true natures before they've the whole thing) on the scammer sides will further increase drastically.

Last edited:

Proxxie_Desu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Seems to me like that might be the worst of all possible worlds - still not that helpful to the folks who legitimately need it, and not restrictive enough to stop the copycats. I haven't sat down and tried to do it, but it seems like with the obfuscation, the more you know the easier it becomes to figure out the rest.

Erebus

The Darkness
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Are there any plans to port the Enhanced TP plug in to MZ?

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have one question (I know that You were writing it here, but still I think I don't understand):
Can I use Yanfly's MV plugins in MZ, but only in the scope of my game and with credits (and not even edited)?
Thanks in advance

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have one question (I know that You were writing it here, but still I think I don't understand):
Can I use Yanfly's MV plugins in MZ, but only in the scope of my game and with credits (and not even edited)?
Thanks in advance
You can't use MV plugins in MZ, the structure of the code is very different so it may not work or issue an error

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Some works, really like example Moghunter Collapse effects. And as someone wrote on this forum, Yanfly's Weapon Animation from MV should work too. Sometimes there is an error, sometimes works
Edit 1:
The Thread I am talking about
Edit 2: Also code isn't so different, because both are in JS

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1598356673360.png
also I test with other yanfly plugin and it shows same result so, no it won't work

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
View attachment 157301
also I test with other yanfly plugin and it shows same result so, no it won't work

That warning is shown when the plugin doesn't have the @target MZ annotation, but doesn't in and of itself mean the plugin won't work.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It says "The plugin "X" MAY NOT SUPPORT RPG Maker MZ".
It doesn't say "The Plugin "X" WON'T SUPPORT RPG Maker MZ.
Check in game for example Moghunter's Collapse Effects, not in editor. This plugin works nice, except when it You use effect of stone or Animation Collapse effects, but other thigs works perfectly.
EDIT: I made letters bigger to show the difference, not to insult or anything

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit 2: Also code isn't so different, because both are in JS
They're both in JS, but code structure differs between the two. That's a big deal in terms of plugins.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They have different structure, but some of them doesn't need to edited (or at least editing all of them) and works well, even with old MV structure in MZ

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
unfortunately if you want to use plugin command, you can still use, but no way to use plugin command fuction

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that's not possible without adjustments, but those that apply to notetags works nice.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's the thing though, I hate having to pester other people when I want to get something done, but oh well.
I was in the same boat at first, but I've already contacted them twice for compatibility questions and was helped both times within a couple of hours. That's especially good considering I usually work on plugins on my back shifts, so it was after midnight (ADT) both times I asked.
I'm still not thrilled about having to ask someone else to help me out when needed, but being unable to actually look at the source code has made me a lot better about cleverly aliasing things from it instead of outright overwriting it, which helps maintain compatibility across all plugins.

DanielTsc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm reading the Terms of Use of all the items that come with VisuStella Sample Game Project.

Especially about the icons, there is this statement:

"
You may only use these icons commercially if
you have purchased the corresponding pack that
they belong to, or if it already appears in a
free pack. "

So, since this Sample Game Project has been made available as a pay what you want model, even if I get for free, will I still be able to use the tiles, icons and plugins in my commercial game?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Thursday AM
Him: When can you have this ready to test?
Me: With the amt of work plus other things on my plate, 2 weeks
Him: Can you have it ready by Monday?
Me: IF I can give my other work to someone else AND don't run into any issues AND I rush, I MIGHT be able to make it next Wednesday
Him: So Monday then?
Me: Maybe Wednesday
Realized virus affecting my NJS and MZ!
I feel so dumb I forgot to set parameters and thought the plugin wasn't working
I can come up with all of the magic skills in the world, but I can hardly think of creative physical weapon skills within the JRPG realm. One of those ones....
It's time for episode 19 of our Make a Cliff Map in RPG Maker MZ... I mean, Make a Game in RPG Maker MZ! Today we're working on our cliff map again. Let's see if we can finish it this time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkelly527