Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm reading the Terms of Use of all the items that come with VisuStella Sample Game Project.

Especially about the icons, there is this statement:

"
You may only use these icons commercially if
you have purchased the corresponding pack that
they belong to, or if it already appears in a
free pack. "

So, since this Sample Game Project has been made available as a pay what you want model, even if I get for free, will I still be able to use the tiles, icons and plugins in my commercial game?
No. The Tiles are not commercially available, we have a separate arrangement for that with KADOKAWA. They also allowed us to release it like this because it is considered a game and the tiles themselves ToU are non-commerciall. Each asset has their own EULA. That was a donation option and not a pay what you want (You can completely skip it).

Plugins are 10000% free though.

Last edited:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about Caz's icons? I want to be sure before using them.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There's a terms of use document in the sample project folder for Caz's stuff:

These icons were created by Caz Wolf and
are available for purchase on itch.io:

These icons are FOR NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY,
and MAY ONLY BE USED FOR PROJECTS MADE WITH
RPG MAKER MV.

You may only use these icons commercially if
you have purchased the corresponding pack that
they belong to, or if it already appears in a
free pack.

Please ask if you are unsure which pack an
icon comes from and I will be happy to assist.

Please also do not hesitate to ask any questions
about these icons, or these Terms of Use.

-------------------------------------------

Once any pack has been officially purchased,
the buyer is now a license holder of that pack
and has permission to use and edit those icons
for use in apps, games, or whatever purpose
they like, commercially and outside of RPG Maker.

HOWEVER those icons cannot be redistributed
to other parties who have not purchased them.

-------------------------------------------

Please direct any questions to my itch.io profile,
or you can contact me on Twitter @cazwolf

Thanks for downloading, and I hope you enjoy
the pack!

Reactions: Caz

Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My icons are only available for non-commercial use unless you've purchased the commercial license for one of my packs that contains the relevant icon.

They're sheeted all over the place on the Sample Project sheet, but generally:
Potions and consumables: Pack 1 and 2
Food: Pack 3
Weapons: Pack 4
Skill and statuses: Pack 5
Equipment: Pack 6
Letter/number buttons: not currently released, but they'll be free for commercial use

There are also some icons in there that may be in one of my free packs, so won't require a license. If there's a specific icon that you can't find, lemme know and I can help you. :thumbsup-left:

Sword_of_Dusk

Keyblade Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Caz I have no intentions for a commercial project. I just wanted to use them in MZ, but your ToU mentions they can be used in MV only.

Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Sword_of_Dusk Ahh, please download the latest Sample Project update. The terms have been updated to include RPG Maker MZ as well. :rhappy:

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wonder if it's release, will it change to free model or paid

lmnop

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First and foremost thank you for the awesome work with this project. I have a question regarding the tilesets included, are they going to be available for commercial use with the purchase of a license? Or will they only be available for non commercial use? The tiles are extremely awesome but being available for commercial use is important to me and I would just like to know if I will be able to get a license eventually.
Again thanks for the awesome stuff.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wonder if it's release, will it change to free model or paid
The plugins will always be free as promised. :)

First and foremost thank you for the awesome work with this project. I have a question regarding the tilesets included, are they going to be available for commercial use with the purchase of a license? Or will they only be available for non commercial use? The tiles are extremely awesome but being available for commercial use is important to me and I would just like to know if I will be able to get a license eventually.
Again thanks for the awesome stuff.
Yes, the tilesets are going to have a commercial license. I already collaborated with KADOKAWA and we're just discussing when to release it.

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
:o *gasp!* The rtp! She is pixelized! @Archeia, how did you know what I wanted for christmas?! :o Cant wait to use/make edits! X3333

EDIT: X and yeah, Im just now noticing this thread, lol

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I not sure if this been done or posted.

Is there a plugin for a 5 - 6 Party for in and outside of battles? For RPG Maker MZ?

Is it possible to add it in sometime?

---

i not sure how to type it into words without thinking i typing rude , if so sorry , i typing this as a suggestion and i REALLY not good at typing in sentence at recent.

And thanks.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is anyone else having trouble getting the enemies HP Bar to show up? I copied all the plugins over from the sample game but for some reason there is no HP Bar over the enemies when I go to battle them? I have no idea what I could have possibly done wrong as all I did was copy them over and it works fine in the sample game??????

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you change the plugin setting or use the hide HP bar notetag?

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did you change the plugin setting or use the hide HP bar notetag?
No, I just straight copy and pasted them over from the sample project. It don't see why it wouldn't show up in battle???

Starmage

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
FIlipino
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello @VisuStella team! It seems like I found some bugs with regards to SV actor batter position on the core plugins! :o

What I wanted was for the SV battlers to be adjusted well on the screen after the resolution was changed, and the core plugin's UI settings actually offer to automatically reposition actors when resolutions are changed.

Sadly, this doesn't seem to work, as I have changed the resolution of my game (increased it to 1280x720), and have that option enabled... It still shows up like this:

And another bug I found was at the battle core plugin... The battle core plugin has settings that will allow you to change actor SV battler positions with X and Y coordinates:

As you can see, I changed the X coordinates from 0.5 to -3.5 to adjust the actor more to the right... And while it does the job and re-adjusts the character, the engine still treats as if the actor was still at pos X 0.5, as you can see here:

The actor's shadow is left at where it originally was, and when the enemies come in to attack, they will attack the shadow sprite instead, and the attack animation plays on the shadow's position, not on the actor. :( X(

Just thought you guys should know about this bug! ^_^ <3 Hope it helps! And thanks so much for your hard work!! :D

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi @Starmage can you please go through the troubleshooting steps and report this via the requested channel? Take a look at the bottom of the first post in this thread for the correct link.

If you've found 2 bugs, then please report them separately so they can be worked on by different people.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how i can fix this portrait within the menu core plugin? I can't seem to find out how.

Attachments

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made another map, this one even has a cool moving waterfall. I'll have an animated GIF later whenever I'm done adding stuff. :LZSwink:
Back here again?! RPG MAKER, I can't quit you. :kaosigh:
um... why didn't anyone tell how easy it is to add motions to Sideview battlers? I literally copied the last one, changed the name and index, said where it should play, and boom... I've got intro motions.
Lately when I listen to 1970s songs, I always think that the "real world" is still at mid 70s. What we experience now is a futuristic dream. With this point of view, even 80s and 90s looks super futuristic. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
broiderers