VisuStella Sample Project & MZ Core Plugins

Myrmecodromo

The place where ants go.
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okey, I was about to post a simple suggestion about messagge core and saw a huge controversy over here, I'm a new guy on this so I don't have much to say. But as a Freshman I can say a few things:

First of all, the work on this guys is incredible, I mean, expanding the RM toolset for free, making it wasy and aprochable for everyone, making tutorials, commands. Do you have the idea of how many times it takes to make something like this?, I personally don't.

Anyway, as someone who knows how freelancing works, you can't just dedicate to something in your life and expect to do it for free. You can't just learn how to properly JS, dedicate hours and hours helping others making their own projects, making your own, and then go to work, school, etc.
There's a taboo about paying for stuff, I kinda get it. But no one can expect having everything for free.

RPG Maker It's an actual plataform that made a loooooot of effort on coding and providing assets to the regular non coder game developer that may like rpgs, etc. And I personally apreciate this fact a lot.

I don't know how was the community back then, all I want to say is, guys, this work team is giving us their work for free. Even when they can in fact make us pay for it the'ye deciding not to do it. If there's something you can't afford there are many options you can do, like... saving, or looking for similar free content and in the best case, you can make it your self and maybe gain something from it. This kind of free content is made with love, and returning hate when getting love it's unfair to me.

Thanks a lot for all the effort, @VisuStella.

btw I was about to suggest that it maybe great if you can change face image position whenever you alter the max lines in text boxes.

Goodnight to all.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how i can fix this within the menu core plugin?
Fix what exactly? There could be several things in that screenshot that you want to appear differently, so don't assume others will get it just from a screenshot and no explanation.

For example, I can see that the portrait is quite low, but I also see that the HP/MP/TP bars are very short, the stats text is very small, the text on the menu buttons is centered rather than left aligned, and there is no word or icon next to (what I assume is) the gold amount. You could be meaning any one of those things, or maybe something completely different.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was going for the most obvious that you mentioned first which was portrait. The rest are intended to be that way. So I'll edit and add that.

Reaction score
First Language
J
Primarily Uses
Sorry.
I've solved the problem, so you can turn it off.

Last edited:

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm not sure where to even ask this as it's not an error that relates to the tileset itself rather than the plugins but I noticed this error when importing old tilesets and I'm not sure what the issue is. This is how the maps load in both MV and MZ when using the VS tileset in place of the old one. They are absolutely gorgeous and wold love to use them with some of my old MV maps/some of the samples but unfortunately this is preventing me. Any help is much appreciated!
1598434149500.png

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does tier 3 cost money?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Go to the itch page and check, it will tell you as there is already a Tier 2 and Tier 3 plug-in out.

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still question they never states tier 2 -3 cost money

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still question they never states tier 2 -3 cost money
We've said in several places that only the Core plugins are free and the rest can be monetised depending on the kind of plugin and complexity of it. At no point has anyone from VS ever said anything will be free but the 10 cores.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
They stated a LONG time ago that only some would be free. I heard of it as far back as when the MZ source code was made available.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We do not read. Tell us the correct answer. Read burning our eyes.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not sure where to even ask this as it's not an error that relates to the tileset itself rather than the plugins but I noticed this error when importing old tilesets and I'm not sure what the issue is. This is how the maps load in both MV and MZ when using the VS tileset in place of the old one. They are absolutely gorgeous and wold love to use them with some of my old MV maps/some of the samples but unfortunately this is preventing me. Any help is much appreciated!
Change the layer and add ground tiles. Then put the upper cliffs to a new layer above those.

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Awesome that worked thanks! Loving the new plugins especially the victory aftermath and looking forward to the release of the party system.

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For Dragonbones Union, does it exactly have to be version 5.7.002b for Dragonbones? Because I'll be out of luck if it does. And also I can't access the DB site because it's way too slow.
ifeellikemypatinceisbeingtestedtotheabsoluteextreme

Last edited:

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying out the BattleCore version 1.00 from the sample project into my own, all other plugins disabled and no edits to the main .js files, and I'm getting a "RangeError, Maximum call stack size exceeded" when I attack or use a skill with my character in combat.
Code:
rmmz_managers.js:2030 RangeError: Maximum call stack size exceeded
    at Game_Party.battleMembers (rmmz_objects.js:5416)
    at Window_BattleActor.Window_BattleStatus.actor (rmmz_windows.js:6069)
    at Window_BattleActor.select (rmmz_windows.js:6190)
    at Window_BattleActor.Window_Selectable.reselect (rmmz_windows.js:938)
    at Window_BattleActor.Window_Selectable.deactivate (rmmz_windows.js:914)
    at Scene_Battle.hideSubInputWindows (rmmz_scenes.js:3321)
    at Scene_Battle.changeInputWindow (rmmz_scenes.js:3000)
    at Scene_Battle.selectNextCommand (rmmz_scenes.js:3393)
    at Scene_Battle.<computed>.<computed> [as selectNextCommand] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:9278)
    at Scene_Battle.<computed> [as startPartyCommandSelection] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:9278)
Also, I'd like to suggest the option to display the enemy MP gauge as well.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm trying out the BattleCore version 1.00 from the sample project into my own, all other plugins disabled
I'm not sure about the error, but I can see two things here that might be issues.
1) There's a later version of BattleCore, 1.01 so that may fix it?
2) 'All other plugins disabled' - does that include the Core Engine? That might be required for it to work correctly.
Also, does the error occur in a blank project too or just with yours?

Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For Dragonbones Union, does it exactly have to be version 5.7.002b for Dragonbones? Because I'll be out of luck if it does. And also I can't access the DB site because it's way too slow.
ifeellikemypatinceisbeingtestedtotheabsoluteextreme
I used Dragonbones 4.9.5 with the MV version, which worked fine. I'm assuming it'll be the same unless there's been a change to the way that the armatures are handled, which I don't think is the case since Aekashics stuff would still be compatible?

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but what is this Window in the Status Menu, and can I remove it through Plugin settings? It never seems to contain any information for any of the available categories in the Status Menu.

1598490793735.png

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I not sure if this been done or posted.

Is there a plugin for a 5 - 6 Party for in and outside of battles? For RPG Maker MZ?

Is it possible to add it in sometime?

---

i not sure how to type it into words without thinking i typing rude , if so sorry , i typing this as a suggestion and i REALLY not good at typing in sentence at recent.

And thanks.
if you want more toon to your party you will have to dl visual studio code and change a 5000 something line i think there a tutorial already....

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@wrigty12 It's used for the 'profile' field from the database. I don't know if there's a plugin paramater to remove it though...

@Phantom Black Star The line Luckysince97 was refering to is line 5423 of rmmz_objects.js, changing the return value of the Game_Party.prototype.maxBattleMembers function to the maximum party size. (also you can just use Notepad or any other code editor, no reason to need Visual Studio code for it)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 9)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.
All of the auditions for our game are so good, I'm so glad I'm not in charge of choosing completely. lol I just can't with some of them. I listen to them on repeat. XD
Working on a Patch to integrate AlphaABS into random generated Dungeons. Was a bit tricky, but the outcome is a real Life Changer!!

Will release it the next days!
Been pretty busy... but I got a better headset for recording and listening today. Dad says that he'll consider taking me to Great Wolf Lodge for the first time once I finish summer classes (my final semester!) I'll be taking my plushie friends with me: Bendy, Lolbit, and Helen Henny. (I WUV PLUSHIES!)
SF_Monster3,4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mezzy