Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Are there any plans on splitting movement & static spritesheets for movement core? I don't know about the resources required, but to reiterate

1) There's a hard limit on the actual utility of the bubbles because they force down-facing poses -- I cannot conceive of a use for frames that are exclusively for emotion bubbles, exclusively cover the default bubbles, and only work exclusively in 1 direction - and forces the character to turn to the camera like a sitcom to do so.

2) There's a hard limit on the amount of bubbles because of the space limits - there are user-defined slots for bubbles that can't be used with the current format, which drives me up the wall because I can think of half a dozen great uses for efficient eventing on the spot using them.

3) It doesn't have to be 8-directional posing. Most people would bias towards a 4-directional sprite with different faces rather than a completely tricked-out 8dir sprite. Any acknowledgement that a character's face is visible from the side view & posing can be seen from behind would be perfect.

I don't want to harp on it like it's a NEED TO HAVE, I can just turn it off and use my own with eventing, but that just brings in the conflict that I have to disable functions of the plugin NOT because I don't want to use those functions, but because it's easier to do the thing the plugin is designed to do if I turn the function that does it off, which feels really really backwards.

We don't have any future plans for other sprite sheet additions at the moment. The spritesheet format was made based on the needs of the artists for the VisuStella team since the plugins are more or less made for their games anyway. However, if you don't want the sprites to automatically face downward when a balloon appears over them, you can turn off the feature in the Plugin Parameters, under the VisuStella 8-Dir Settings and shut off auto balloons.

You can make workarounds for poses and such using image changes, too. We happened to choose the format it currently is because it matches the tone of the games the VisuStella Team were planning to make for the future.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
However, if you don't want the sprites to automatically face downward when a balloon appears over them, you can turn off the feature in the Plugin Parameters, under the VisuStella 8-Dir Settings and shut off auto balloons.

You can make workarounds for poses and such using image changes, too. We happened to choose the format it currently is because it matches the tone of the games the VisuStella Team were planning to make for the future.
That's what I just said is the exact problem; in order for me to pose with bubbles, I must first turn off the bubble posing feature. That is an absurd conflict to have in a resource pack for general use. A feature having limitations is okay, & prioritizing what you're making for your games isn't a problem, but the unforgiving nature of the setup is still worth pointing out.

I really want to make and share resources for VS8's formatting, and ended up trailing off on working on anything because I feel so uncertain about this.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to be a patr(e)on of Yanfly for 2 years in the RMMV days. After that incident, I thought he'd leave the RPG Maker community for sure, so I'm glad his plugins are slowly coming back, with lots of other prominent members on board!

I don't have RMMZ or the plugins yet, but I saw some videos and they are more than promising!
Apart from simply being ported, I like how many plugins were merged into one. My old MV project had over 50 yanfly plugins alone and merging some functionality into the core plugins, means a more organized plugin list, that isn't super long.
For those who don't know, the action battle sequences were previously split into 3 different plugins, excluding the battle engine core. Now all seems to be merged into one!

Glad to have you back Yanny, even if only until all of your desired plugins are ported.

Edit: Will we be also getting a "buy all" option, as with the RMMV library?

Last edited:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
That's what I just said is the exact problem; in order for me to pose with bubbles, I must first turn off the bubble posing feature. That is an absurd conflict to have in a resource pack for general use. A feature having limitations is okay, & prioritizing what you're making for your games isn't a problem, but the unforgiving nature of the setup is still worth pointing out.

I really want to make and share resources for VS8's formatting, and ended up trailing off on working on anything because I feel so uncertain about this.

I'm going to be frank here. We have no current plans to make any changes to the format we have now. It's made for our team's artists, and we just felt inclined to share the format, not set it as a standard. If you find it "absurd" and "unforgiving", you can take your demands to the Plugin Requests forum or Classifieds.

I used to be a patr(e)on of Yanfly for 2 years in the RMMV days. After that incident, I thought he'd leave the RPG Maker community for sure, so I'm glad his plugins are slowly coming back, with lots of other prominent members on board!

I don't have RMMV or the plugins yet, but I saw some videos and they are more than promising!
Apart from simply being ported, I like how many plugins were merged into one. My old MV project had over 50 yanfly plugins alone and merging some functionality into the core plugins, means a more organized plugin list, that isn't super long.
For those who don't know, the action battle sequences were previously split into 3 different plugins, excluding the battle engine core. Now all seems to be merged into one!

Glad to have you back Yanny, even if only until all of your desired plugins are ported.

Edit: Will we be also getting a "buy all" option, as with the RMMV library?

Thanks for your support all these years!

We don't know if we're going to have a "buy all" option just yet. There's too many uncertainties in the air at the moment as to how many waves we plan on making and RMMZ just started. However, if a "buy all" option is something people are interested in, I can talk to the team about making a lifetime version of the VisuStella MZ Library Access Key different from the Wave 2 Access Key.

Vanilla Cheesecake

Cheesecake Demon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
However, if a "buy all" option is something people are interested in, I can talk to the team about making a lifetime version of the VisuStella MZ Library Access Key different from the Wave 2 Access Key.

I would be very interested in this, personally!

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Buy all option, so like a mega bundle, sounds good to me.

Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would love to see "buy all" option. It's good to have all in one place

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would absolutely and happily love to see a "buy all" option, and I shall be willing to buy that access key at any price.

White Dragon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
I really love your amazing plugins :)
I already bought the wave 2 collection but I'm also interested in a "buy all" option (maybe with a reduced price for owners of the wave 2 collection), that would be awesome.

Askann

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since I updated all the plugins I keep getting this weird error

1599071080631.png

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would like a 'buy all' option as well. :)

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Here to show support for the "buy all" option. I probably will only get a few more personally but it's what the fans want and more variety is good in this sort of thing.

Wyrde

Sunset Crow
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The "Buy All" option sounds like a wish come true for me. especially when you consider the wave bundles and how much content there will be in the future. I have no doubt that You guys will bring out a lot of plugins that may even be more than those you already made for MV.

Here's to supporting the #buyalloption !!!

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TY for the definitive stance, uncertainty just causes a fatal glitch in my brain. If its 100% staying this way, then that's hugely reassuring. Strong opinions aside, my priority was sadly just "but what if its different laterrr :'^("

As for a full collection...I feel like there'll be such a wide selection that wouldn't necessarily be in one wave or the other, I'd kill for a wider range, or at least "buy all [of one type of plugin]". Like dialogue&event packs, battle packs, etc.

Aviziel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For clarification, are all of the icons in front of text I see everywhere part of a plugin, or just inserted via text codes?

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For clarification, are all of the icons in front of text I see everywhere part of a plugin, or just inserted via text codes?

They're in the plugin settings/parameters. They can be changed or taken off. I removed most of mine. Some have options to just shut them off by changing icons to false and others you have to go in and manually delete/change. Whenever you see \I[x] that means it's trying to put in an icon and you can just delete those if you don't want them and there's not an option to shut it off in the plugin parameters.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Where? I can't find them for the life of me. My eyes must be going.

Go to plugin Settings and go through the VisuStella Library and when you select the Plugin to edit there will be options to the right that should show up. For instance in the VisuStella Core plugin about 2/3 of the way down you'll see a setting for parameter settings and in there there will be an option that says 'show icons' and you can set it to false. If you want all the icons gone or changed you'll have to go through all the VisuStella plugins and modify all the settings. It took me just over an hour to take them all off so it is kind of tedious and time consuming.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is Instant Cast functionality coming to a separate plugin?

Just noticed it was left out of the Cores.

Thanks for your time!

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Posting here in case it is not a bug and simply me missing something.
Issue: VisuStella Party System Plugin

I believe there may be a compatibility issue with one of the Tier 1 plugins or core plugin as every other plugin I was using works fine together and even using a new empty project with just the base VisuStella plugins + party system results in the same issue.

For clarification, my game begins with no party members as you choose one through an autorun dialogue at the start. However, several attempts show that regardless of who starts in your party, any actor added is not able to be added to the team, it did let me replace another character in the formation but then that character suffered from the same issue. So it's a mix between adding a character to the reserves by default but still not truly recognizing them. I can provide my project if needed, but like I said this was the same even in a blank project using the plugins both modified (option wise not code) or as they came in the sample project.

All plugins are up to date, the Party system plugin is on 1.00 but I believe that is the newest version as of Wave 2.

I hope this was simply an error or oversight on my part and not any major bug but right now I think it's possible.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZetabrandX