Dynalt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!
First of all, thank you for all the work!
Then, I have a question (sorry if it's not the place for that),

So I use the MessageCore plugin.
I resized the window in the plugin's settings but I also wanted to put the window a little higher on the screen (to keep place under it for some UI) I didn't find any setting for that so I ended up using the \WindowMoveTo command and managed to do what I needed.

However even with a duration of 0 for the move, there is still a little "jump" of the message window each time I display one.

It's not gamebreaking or anything, but it bother me a little ^^'
Is there an option that I missed in the plugin or is there just no option to do what I want natively?
If there is no possibility to do what I want (other than what I already do) It's okay, I just want to know if I missed something :)

Also, on an other subject is there a place where I can ask some details on the paying plugins?
I'm interested in some but I need to be sure they can do what I need before paying for it ^^

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@antega34 how did you make your game begin with no party members? If you deleted them all from the Actors tab then changed the maximum and added a few lower down, that'd be why. You change your starting party in the System 1 tab, not the Actors tab.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Also, on an other subject is there a place where I can ask some details on the paying plugins?
I'm interested in some but I need to be sure they can do what I need before paying for it ^^
On each paid plugin's itchio page is a link to its wiki page on yanfly.moe, which has all the details about plugin commands, parameters, notetags ect and should show you what they can do. You can probably also ask here or on the Discord if you're curious on something specific.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Since I updated all the plugins I keep getting this weird error

View attachment 159055
This is not a bug caused by our plugins. This happens on an empty project. Please report it to the official devs. We aren't affiliated with them so reporting it to us won't do any good.

Is Instant Cast functionality coming to a separate plugin?

Just noticed it was left out of the Cores.

Thanks for your time!
It was one of the features that we've left out of the creation during the cores simply because we didn't have that much time to work on it. The moment the sample game projects dropped, we started working on the cores, giving us only 10 days to condense 100+ plugins into the cores you see here, as well as fix any potential bugs during that time. We'll be revisiting the instant cast plugin at a later date.

Posting here in case it is not a bug and simply me missing something.
Issue: VisuStella Party System Plugin

I believe there may be a compatibility issue with one of the Tier 1 plugins or core plugin as every other plugin I was using works fine together and even using a new empty project with just the base VisuStella plugins + party system results in the same issue.

For clarification, my game begins with no party members as you choose one through an autorun dialogue at the start. However, several attempts show that regardless of who starts in your party, any actor added is not able to be added to the team, it did let me replace another character in the formation but then that character suffered from the same issue. So it's a mix between adding a character to the reserves by default but still not truly recognizing them. I can provide my project if needed, but like I said this was the same even in a blank project using the plugins both modified (option wise not code) or as they came in the sample project.

All plugins are up to date, the Party system plugin is on 1.00 but I believe that is the newest version as of Wave 2.

I hope this was simply an error or oversight on my part and not any major bug but right now I think it's possible.
Hello!
First of all, thank you for all the work!
Then, I have a question (sorry if it's not the place for that),

So I use the MessageCore plugin.
I resized the window in the plugin's settings but I also wanted to put the window a little higher on the screen (to keep place under it for some UI) I didn't find any setting for that so I ended up using the \WindowMoveTo command and managed to do what I needed.

However even with a duration of 0 for the move, there is still a little "jump" of the message window each time I display one.

It's not gamebreaking or anything, but it bother me a little ^^'
Is there an option that I missed in the plugin or is there just no option to do what I want natively?
If there is no possibility to do what I want (other than what I already do) It's okay, I just want to know if I missed something :)

Please, please, PLEASE send the bug reports through the form here. The reason why we want it to be done through the form is so that the support staff members don't have to hunt through the forum messages, twitter comments, and YouTube comments for every single bug report. This is NOT a bug report thread! We have a system in play that streamlines the bug report fixing process this does not help it.

I would be very interested in this, personally!
Buy all option, so like a mega bundle, sounds good to me.
I would love to see "buy all" option. It's good to have all in one place
I would absolutely and happily love to see a "buy all" option, and I shall be willing to buy that access key at any price.
I really love your amazing plugins :)
I already bought the wave 2 collection but I'm also interested in a "buy all" option (maybe with a reduced price for owners of the wave 2 collection), that would be awesome.
I would like a 'buy all' option as well. :)
Here to show support for the "buy all" option. I probably will only get a few more personally but it's what the fans want and more variety is good in this sort of thing.
The "Buy All" option sounds like a wish come true for me. especially when you consider the wave bundles and how much content there will be in the future. I have no doubt that You guys will bring out a lot of plugins that may even be more than those you already made for MV.

Here's to supporting the #buyalloption !!!
TY for the definitive stance, uncertainty just causes a fatal glitch in my brain. If its 100% staying this way, then that's hugely reassuring. Strong opinions aside, my priority was sadly just "but what if its different laterrr :'^("

As for a full collection...I feel like there'll be such a wide selection that wouldn't necessarily be in one wave or the other, I'd kill for a wider range, or at least "buy all [of one type of plugin]". Like dialogue&event packs, battle packs, etc.
That's a lot of positive answers in favor of the buy all option...

However, while I was talking to the core team about it last night, there was a unanimous decision for us to wait before such an option becomes available. And that's because we all want to earn your trust first and maintain it through waves 2 and 3. We feel that right now, some of this tendancy towards the "buy all" option is due to a honey moon period of MZ having just released and a surge of plugins coming out of the gate. After that period subsides and then, if you still have faith in our plugins, we'll be putting it out.

If there are more waves out by the time we decide to go with the buy all option, we'll be setting up a discount system for the full access key, relative to the number access keys you possess. We really appreciate the amount of support you all are both verbally and financially giving us. It gives me confidence in porting over the YEP library and then some to the point where we hope that your RPG Maker MZ experience becomes ultra flexible and comfortable for game dev.

That said, while I still have some eyes looking on this post, I want to say that as far as giving us support, please remember to send some support towards the other plugin developers for RMMZ as well. We are all here with one common objective: making the RPG Maker MZ experience awesome.
I know we've been stealing the spotlight for a bit, but we don't want to overshadow the others either! Be sure to give their itch.io download pages some donations and Patr(e)ons some love, too!

As I can't link to them directly (against forum rules), the best I can do is make mentions of their profile posts to pass the spotlight. You can search for their listings from there <3

@casper667 I've been keeping an eye out on this library since MV and it's got amazing stuff in it from achievements to professions to vehicles. If these are getting ported over to MZ, I am confident that making games with them will become even more fun. Be sure to check out their encyclopedia and bestiary. It's amazing!

@Coelocanth Item crafting already??? Not gonna lie, item crafting is a guilty pleasure of mine when it comes to JRPG's and seeing it made already makes me hype.

@ct_bolt is another plugin developer that I've been following since MV and they've created a bunch of helpful to awesome plugins. Please support them as they port over their stuff to MZ!

@?????? aka Dekita has been making a Dragonbones centric library and taking it to the next level! Though I haven't seen him release him stuff here yet, you can follow his progress on his YouTube channel.

@DK brought to MZ a powerful localization plugin, a much needed tool for any dev who wishes to release in multiple languages. Bless you!

@Fomar0153 has been making some amazing systems for MZ, one of which includes a fantastic battle system that's even compatible with our Battle Core! Be sure to bug him to get some way to donate to him. This guy just won't do anything about it.

@Galv I believe it's hard to not know who Galv is if you've used MV, but for those who don't, Galv makes amazing plugins that have amazing compatibility all around with other plugin libraries as well. His plugins involve a lot of ease of use, quality of life improvements that make it hard for you to go back without them.

@Hudell is actually on the VisuStella Team, too! In fact, he's the one who's helped convert everybody's favorite Doodads and improve upon it! This time, he's planning on releasing some plugins separately outside of the schedule to share with you all, which greatly enhances what you can even do in RPG Maker MZ. That map editor is totally whack and I love every bit of it.

I'm not sure if Mog Hunter is on the forum, but his work speaks for himself. I'm already sure many of you know who he is. He's a definite go to for many reasons.

@Raizen is someone I've been following since MV and has been making amazing plugins since then. They're bringing over their stuff into MZ and you have no idea how much it's hyped me to have Triple Triad already playable.

@Revali has made some cute plugins for MZ already that can alter the feel of your game from footstep sounds, followers, and more!

@Tsukihime also known as Hime. Hime made superb plugins in MV and I have no doubt Hime will do the same in MZ. Hime's been around in the RM community for ages and the experience shows! Be sure to check out Hime's grid battle system!

@Tsukimi-neko has brought over the pixi filters from MV to MZ! These are things I wished that could have been added into MZ by default, but boy am I glad they're here.

There's definitely more plugin devs out there and I apologize if I haven't listed some of them. These are simply the ones that come to mind first. While I know that there are a lot of plugin developers who are still rough around the edges, that just means they still have time to bloom and grow, so still consider giving them your support!

RPG Maker MZ is still young, which is why it needs all the nourishment it can get.

Thank you for listening to this retired fluffball's ramblings!

Last edited:

Dynalt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Please, please, PLEASE send the bug reports through the form here. The reason why we want it to be done through the form is so that the support staff members don't have to hunt through the forum messages, twitter comments, and YouTube comments for every single bug report. This is NOT a bug report thread! We have a system in play that streamlines the bug report fixing process this does not help it.
Well, the thing is that for me it's not a bug : the command is to MOVE the window and it does exactly that. The duration is 0 but it still move from its normal position to the position I want.

It seem normal to see a movement since the window is generated before moving. It is generated on its normal place and then is "teleported" to its new place. It's effectively a movement with a duration of 0.

I didn't see on the wiki either a mention of being able to chose another starting position for the message window, just this move command.
That's why I asked here and not on a Bug report because for me it wasn't a bug.
If modifying the original position of the window was a listed feature (not moving it but really choosing where the window is generated) and that I tried using that fonction and encountered a problem, I would have filed a bug report. (And maybe that fonction exist, and I missed something, that's what I was asking.)

Before filling a bug report on a feature it's better to know if there is really a feature to begin with, and since I'm not a member of the dev team my only way to be sur was to ask.

Sorry if I wasn't clear but this was NOT a bug report.
(I would have provided much more details for an actual bug report, like an actual gif/vid of the "abnormal" behavior)

I was asking if I had missed a feature and I was doing it here exactly because the team is not meant to watch this thread all the time. I was just asking around and didn't feel like opening a new thread when the majority of USERS of these plugins pass by this thread.

The thought was actually : don't wana bother them over a feature I want in THEIR work, better ask around if somebody know something I don't.

So again, sorry if I worded it wrong and you misunderstood my post : English is not my native language.
But please don't assume I didn't read what was said because I did.
I wasn't reporting a bug, I was just asking a question and since I didn't find a way to ask it on the wiki or on itch.io I did it here. (again, maybe there is a way to ask and I didn't find it so, my bad if it's the case)

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@antega34 how did you make your game begin with no party members? If you deleted them all from the Actors tab then changed the maximum and added a few lower down, that'd be why. You change your starting party in the System 1 tab, not the Actors tab.
Ya did it through System 1 not through the party list, that remained the same and like i mentioned I attempted this in a brand new project that yielded the same result.

However it seems there was a new update for the plugin as i just added it and everything seems to work fine now.

EDIT: I'll continue this through the troubleshoot if I see anymore issues, sorry, I was just unsure whether it was truly a bug or simply an error on my part.

winkr7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I always suspect someone for the bugs I see in my games and programs. It is always me, but that doesn't mean I don't accuse everyone involved first.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I also want to quickly chime in and mention, that Yanfly's Icon Generator is still the best tool around for making icon sheets. Not a plugin and not by VisuStella, but still something that should be known.

I got the Demo of MZ today and I can confirm that every Icon Sheet, that is made for MV in this icon generator, can also be used for your MZ project. (even with export possibilities for older makers)
Even at it's prime, I think it never got the acknowledgment it deserves.

The only downside is, that sometimes crashes can occur without error or warning, so save your sheet regularly.

Artarta

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Ru
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With the plugin VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine enabled, pictures of the "!_Pictures_Name" type during playtest are displayed with an offset to the right edge of the screen.
Pictures without an exclamation mark in the title are displayed normally.
I shoveled through all the plugin settings, but I still didn't understand what was the matter.
There is no way to rename pictures so that they do not contain an exclamation mark in the name - I transfer the project to a new engine, and recycle all the events is NIGHTMARE!
How do I disable this option in a plugin?
(Sorry for the awful English.)

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I also want to quickly chime in and mention, that Yanfly's Icon Generator is still the best tool around for making icon sheets. Not a plugin and not by VisuStella, but still something that should be known.

I got the Demo of MZ today and I can confirm that every Icon Sheet, that is made for MV in this icon generator, can also be used for your MZ project. (even with export possibilities for older makers)
Even at it's prime, I think it never got the acknowledgment it deserves.

The only downside is, that sometimes crashes can occur without error or warning, so save your sheet regularly.
I would pay for an expanded version of the Icon Generator.
Maybe one where we can draw or import our own layers in.
(My game uses SP and FP, not MP and TP!)

Erobos

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, first time ever posting here. I used to work on MV and had pretty much all your plugins and I did the same with MZ and bought the wave 2 plugin package.

I have a question about SystemQuest plugin. Someone else might have experience the same problem and I thought here would be the best place to ask.

The quest plugin on MZ does't seem to update the tracker like it was doing on MV. Actually, for some reason, it doesn't refresh at all. :( The only way it refresh is if I go in my quest log and check the objective. When I get back to the game screen, the tracker (sometime) refreshed with the right amount collected.

The quest is quite simple. Get 10x wood and 10x stone.
I put this in my objective :
(yeah... it's in french. lol)

Récupérer les matériaux suivant :
\C[6]\item[103]\C[0] : \v[001] / 10
\C[6]\item[104]\C[0] : \v[002] / 10

the wood is the variable 1 and stone 2. They keep track of the amount of wood and stone I have collected in my inventory so far. When using a text command it gives me the right answer and keep track of the amount I have without problem but the tracker doesn't.

I tried using the "Tracker: refresh window" command in the same event I made that gives me 1 wood and 1 stone but it doen't seem to be refreshing at all.

Is that a bug from the plugin or am I doing it wrong ? ... or maybe I didn't set my variable correctly ?

Please help !

Thanks

HoofedEar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
What the license for the Sample Project assets?
Like lets say, we like the icons, or the modified RTP, what is the license for these assets?

Jhin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello there!

First off, thanks for your awesome work. I'm planning to use a lot of your plugins, they are excellent!

By the way, I found that the VisuMZ_1_MainMenuCore ->Status Graphic (svbattler and sprite) option doesn't works at VisuMZ_1_ElementStatusCore as I plan to do a game with no portraits and / or faces.

It is intended?? Can you add the sideview battler as an option?

Thank you!!

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Would there come options like Allow Actor Turn Skip in the actor battle command windows and customizing the Accuracy formula with user hit rate and target evade rate params (Physical, Magical, Certain) like in MV.

I had found great use from an Accuracy - Evade, where setting the Accuracy to "1" meant they never perform a "miss", but before the Evade is calculated with 1 - (skillHitRate * (UserHitRate - TargetEvadeRate)) where they will do their evade motion. And conditions could be used in the settings in MV.

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, any plans for wave 3 after gab window?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
So, any plans for wave 3 after gab window?
We plan on taking a week long break first since we've been more or less working nonstop since two weeks prior to MZ's launch. Add that on top of our day jobs and we were more or less running on a low tank of gas. After the break is over, we'll be doing wave 3.

There's still some things to be decided for it, but we plan on the following:

Battle System ATB (ala Grandia)
Action Sequence Camera
Weapon Unleash
Aggro System
Battle AI
Gridfree Doodads

There are still others to be decided.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly, all of you deserved to take a break and relax like the rest of us. We are still here and wait for you all do not worry. I am honestly still reading the note tags on your website.

Last edited:

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Yanfly Good evening. I have a question about something I found in the documentation for the Events and Movement Core plugin. It refers to VS8 spritesheets that support 8-directional movement. I'm interested in using these. Do I have to make them from scratch, or are they going to be provided in a generator or other means?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I think I've got my hero designs pretty much finialised ( still got some tweaks. ) In the end it'll be the four outfit colour variants with four different skintones.

I'm a bit conflicted. One the one hand, it's quite visually cool to make bodies of water that the player can interact with by going into it. However obscuring the player character from a gameplay perspective is pretty bad. Hmm... There's the option to make the area around the player visible, but then that kind of defeats the purpose of submerging them. :unsure:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Another two plugins done! One being an on map grid inventory.
busy with my newborn child, can't even touch pc at all ;_;

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yagyu_Chan