Georg

That guy that tries to do some big RPG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's in the config. 'Enemy Battler Settings' and 'Action Sequence Settings' will have options for Animations for Certain Hit, Physical, Magical, etc. There's also a notetag that can be used to change animations as well, the plugin settings are just for general use while the notetags for more specific ones.
I'm not talking about the animations that appear when using skills, but the animated stance the sprites (that are in the character-battlersheet) use when casting.

My previous post comes from the fact that when using the turn bassed system, the casting sprite animation worked alright, but when I activated the ATB and used a magic skill, the sprite just remained in it's idle pose.

kakatototo

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
japan
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi

The Dragonbones Union VisuStella MZ 1.0.4 are set up as actors and characters.
When you open and close the menu on the map, all motions are displayed for a moment to see if the character is updated.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm here to remind you all that

THIS IS NOT A BUG REPORT THREAD!

For Reporting Bugs:

Take a look at the Troubleshooting page on the wiki, follow the steps listed and if it still doesn't work, please report your problem through the link in Step 2.8 with as much detail as possible. Please follow this as we might miss any bug reports in this topic.

We have dedicated staff members that will fix bugs that are sent via reports. These staff members will be notified once a bug report is filed. If you feel something is a bug, then follow the steps in the link to report it, no matter how big or small.

Thank you for understanding.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm here to remind you all that [....]
My post is about doubts and an issue rather than a bug.
Where must I post for doubts about something?
Thank you!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
My post is about doubts and an issue rather than a bug.
Where must I post for doubts about something?
Thank you!
For your issue:

Items & Equips Core > Plugin Parameters > Item Menu Settings > Use Updated Layout > false
Items & Equips Core > Plugin Parameters > Equip Menu Settings > Use Updated Layout > false
Items & Equips Core > Plugin Parameters > Shop Menu Settings > Use Updated Layout > false

Turn all of those off. Those are made for Desktop resolutions

Then:

Core Engine > Plugin Parameters > Menu Layout Settings > Scene_Item > JS: X, Y, W, H
Core Engine > Plugin Parameters > Menu Layout Settings > Scene_Equip > JS: X, Y, W, H
Core Engine > Plugin Parameters > Menu Layout Settings > Scene_Shop > JS: X, Y, W, H

For each window.

We haven't had much time to experiment with mobile designs so please forgive us on that part. Our primary attention is on desktop because that's where our game development focus lies.

Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
N/A
For your issue:

Items & Equips Core > Plugin Parameters > Item Menu Settings > Use Updated Layout > false
Items & Equips Core > Plugin Parameters > Equip Menu Settings > Use Updated Layout > false
Items & Equips Core > Plugin Parameters > Shop Menu Settings > Use Updated Layout > false

Turn all of those off. Those are made for Desktop resolutions

Then:

Core Engine > Plugin Parameters > Menu Layout Settings > Scene_Item > JS: X, Y, W, H
Core Engine > Plugin Parameters > Menu Layout Settings > Scene_Equip > JS: X, Y, W, H
Core Engine > Plugin Parameters > Menu Layout Settings > Scene_Shop > JS: X, Y, W, H

For each window.

We haven't had much time to experiment with mobile designs so please forgive us on that part. Our primary attention is on desktop because that's where our game development focus lies.
Thank you very much for your help Yanfly :) I'll try that, maybe it'll be kinda confusing but at least I can now experiment it. Mmmm I'm not sure if there was any kind of third-party tool for experiment with width, heights, etc, I'll look for it.

(Long post below to Yanfly)
Also, it's okay, I understand that most features are developed for desktop, but I think that when your team have time for test things on mobiles, better, since MZ and MV have more than enough capabilities to port the games for mobiles and is where "indies" have much more potential, I raise my hand as volunteer for it, I have a vertical monitor (BenQ Zowie XL2540) which right now I'm using it vertically for test my game, I've found on Google that the most common resolution in smartphones is 720x1280, but considering certain messes, unless someone makes a plugin to redistribuite the UI depending of the chosen resolution (16:9 or 9:16), I think it's better for now to just keep UI size to 602x1080 so the game resolution can then be changed to 1920x1080 without much more play-arounds so a player may also play at landscape when he's syncing a saved file from a mobile to a computer for example, need to test directly on my S10+ and the other two low-quality tablets I have around to see how the game react at smaller resolutions, having issues with "Send to mobile"-chrome feature.

If you need someday testers, feel free to contact with me! :D I don't have script knowledge (well, a little), but I'm very observative, it's one of the things that I do on my real job afterall, test features and send accurate feedbacks to improve the quality of the software for the end-user and distributors, I would be really happy to do the same thing but as volunteer for a team that shares so awesome things for a big community! :D

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a suggestion. :) It may either be something for CoreEngine, BattleCore or VictoryAftermath, I guess.

It's about battle events after the last enemy is killed.

I have played around with the QuestSystem plugin a bit and tried to add a kill-x-gnomes quest for testing purposes. It turns out that RPG Maker MZ still doesn't run any battle events after the last enemy is killed, so you would need some kind of workaround in order to have that kill counted for your quest.

Would it be possible to add the option to run battle events after the last enemy is killed, but before the victory scene?

Skyroar

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is it possible to prevent the player from equipping two accessories that share the same "type"/ name/ whatever? For example, if I equip boots in one accessory slot, I wouldn't want the player to be able to equip a second pair of boots in the second accessory slot.

kaboth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just gonna ask if there was a Patron page to support and also get the plugins from there?

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can make suggestions here i think.
A nice change would be the ability to change battler Busts in portrait and Border style for Battle Core with a note tag or something.

Nuxill

Ok
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just gonna ask if there was a Patron page to support and also get the plugins from there?
Visustella does have a page, though it isn't listed on their itch or website. It looks like the benefits are based more on their sprite assets than plugins, but there's only three updates on the page I can see so I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: The link doesn't work because this forum censors the word "Patr/eon", but you can google it and find it easily.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it possible to prevent the player from equipping two accessories that share the same "type"/ name/ whatever? For example, if I equip boots in one accessory slot, I wouldn't want the player to be able to equip a second pair of boots in the second accessory slot.
I think there was a tips and tricks video they did for MV that had a workaround for that issue. If you go to the yanfly.moe site and look for the tips and tricks category and work through there you might find something in there. It may or may not be compatible with MZ but I've found that some MV plugins and methods and syntax work flawlessly with MZ.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One suggestion I have is to save and fadeout the currently playing BGM and others playing when Core Engine is set to require focus, to go along with pausing the game when the window is inactive.

Jhin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Would you kind enough to tell me which is the function name that draws the item icon inside the Skills, Items, Equip and Shop scenes?

I'm using this plugin and none of the icon background are showing.

Can you give me a little hint, please? Would be very kind of you.

Thanks and regards.

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I may add another suggestion, it would be cool if the VisualStateEffects plugin allowed you to remove the state icons from the actor windows. The information is redundant if the icons are already displayed above the heads of the battlers. :)

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
you can retreive it inside the plugin no?!

it it not overlay true/false...

as for a quick quick question, anybody know of a plugin for more item drop on mz!

Is there a way to display busts instead of faces? I've been reading through http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Message_Core_VisuStella_MZ and either it doesn't seem to be an option or I'm missing something?
it would be in common picture event but you gotta pick wave 2 for this if someone know something else you re welcome to share...

just name it boot and change the armor type to boot...u can edit all part but more part mean more armor typetuto.png
then from there @Skyroar

<Equip Slots>
Weapon
shield
head
body
accessory
boot
</Equip Slots>
but dont copy paste it case sensitive to equipement type

just to be sure you got to use visustella (Item equip core)

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am very hype about the extra enemy drops, since the frame rate barely dips with a hundred items on the screen.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!

I have them written down and shown to the programmers working on the library. There's no guarantee they'll be made, but at least, they'll be reviewed over!

Also, I want to announce:

WAVE 3 HAS NOW BEGUN!

This is the lineup for Wave 3:

Battle System - ATB

The RPG Maker MZ Time Progress Battle TPB system is only a few steps away from the acclaimed Active Turn Battle ATB system. This plugin will grant it the various features needed to turn it from TPB into ATB.

This plugin will grant control over how the various mechanics work, ranging from penalties to calculations, to actions that can manipulate the ATB gauge of battlers. Battlers that are in the middle of casting a spell can also be interrupted with specific notetag traits.

ATB Gauges can also be displayed on enemies and/or allies, giving the player full access to the current battle state. The ATB Gauges are also improved, showing different colors for different states and showing a new gauge for the casting state.

Aggro Control System

A common mechanic found in many RPG's nowadays is the ability to steer the way enemies target party members. This can be in the form of provocations, taunts, and aggro.

Provocations come in the form of states, where when a unit applies a provoke state on a target, the target must attack the provoker when using single target skills. This plugin provides support for multiple provocations and such provocations will be given focus based on the state's priority value.

Taunts are a third way to steer an opponent to focus on a party member. The taunt effects can be split up into global, physical, magical, or certain hit only taunts and these can be applied to almost any trait object.

Aggro is a numeric value that determines the likelihood and/or priority level of how often a target party member is to be attacked by an enemy unit. The higher the aggro value, the more likely the chances of being targeted. A option can be turned on (or through notetags) to set enemies to always target the party member with the highest aggro.

Grid-Free Doodads (2 plugins, the system and in-game editor)

In RPG Maker MZ, tilesets are used for mapping purposes. Tileset A is used for drawing land while Tilesets B through E are used to add doodads. But in RPG Maker MZ, doodads added by Tilesets B through E are locked to the grid and add a rather unnatural feel to it. This plugin will allow you to break free of the grid and add doodads unbound by the grid. Doodads can come in all forms, from large to small, static and animated, you name it!

There are two plugins for Grid-Free Doodads. One is the system, which has all of the data contained for how doodads are handled in-game. The other is the in-game editor, which allows you to add, remove, and edit doodads during Playtest mode. These are separate so that when you deploy the game and want just the doodad data to remain without the in-game editor, you can leave the editor out. Or in the event there's ever an external editor, you can use that instead.

Action Sequence Camera

This plugin adds new Action Sequences functions to the VisuStella MZ Battle Core plugin to give you, the game dev, control over the battle camera and zoom functions.

Battle A.I.

This Battle A.I. plugin changes up how enemies and any Auto Battle actors behave by implementing many new key components to their decision making process in battle. These new compotents are: A.I. Styles, A.I. Levels, Rating Variance, A.I. Conditions, and Influencing TGR Weight.

With these new key components put together, you can transform RPG Maker MZ's highly primitive A.I. into something more intelligent. Auto Battle actors can also base their A.I. patterns off an enemy's A.I. in order to behave in more desirable ways during battle as well.

Life State Effects

The Life State Effects plugin allow for trait objects and/or states to create specific, though, commonly used effects found in many traditional JRPG's, such as Auto Life, Doom, and Guts. These mechanical effects add a whole new layer of strategy when it comes to status effects.

Features include all (but not limited to) the following:

• Auto Life effect, which is a state effect that recovers a percentage of the user's HP and disappears upon triggering.
  • Curse effect, which prevents HP, MP, and/or TP recovery.
  • Doom effect, which is a state effect that will kill the affected battler once the state's timer wears off and expires.
  • Fragile effect, which causes any time a user receives HP damage from a direct action, that user will instantly lose all HP.
  • Guts, which prevents HP from dropping below 1, unless the battler's HP is at 1, itself.
  • Undead, which causes normal HP healing to inflict damage instead, instant death effects to fully restore HP, and Drain effects to be inverted.

Weapon Unleash

The Weapon Unleash plugin lets you give battlers a chance to perform a skill that's different from the usual Attack or Guard action they have. Unleashes work off a success rate system, meaning they can but not always occur.

In addition to Unleashes, replacements for the default Attack and Guard actions also available through this plugin. Unlike Unleashes, replacements are always present. Though, if an Unleash manages to succeed, they will take over the replacement skill.

Each of these features can help alleviate the monotony of using the same commands over and over throughout the game, giving more life to the battle system and keeping it fresh and interesting.

Animated Map Destination

When the player clicks on the map, the player sets a destination for the player character to move to. This destination is, by default, marked with a white square sprite that flashes over and over. This aesthetic does not necessarily fit every type of game project so this plugin will allow you to customize it.

You can change the way the square sprite looks, change it into a circle, use an image file, or even use an animation file. There are various properties for each of these settings, too.

Extra Enemy Drops

By default, RPG Maker MZ limits enemies to only drop up to 3 items max and at very limited drop rates. This plugin allows you to add more than 3 items at drop and at custom rates that aren't limited to a demoninator value.

This plugin also gives the functionality to force specific drops or give any additional bonus drops to make some battles give different rewards despite having the same types of enemies encountered before.

And if you have the VisuStella Battle Core, drops can be visible on the battlefield and spring out of the enemies as they collapse!

Alice0

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you tell me how to track multiple missions?
Or can you track only one task at most?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
The most words I have ever written in an entire document is in my game's script, jeez i have a lot of characters that ramble on
Yes! I finally did something! This is a picture I drew of what I wish I looked like; I hope that you guys like it!
Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DawnStar