Krystek_My

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"Alpha ABS" is name of the plugin from Pheonix KageDesu. And he is porting it to MZ, other ABS's are coming too, Moghunter is making Star Ocean Battle System that according to what he said will have mode similliar to his Chrono Trigger ABS, but at least for now I haven't seen any ABS that would have "Alpha ABS" style combat

TMS

Guy with Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a quick question, since I just noticed this today. Not long ago I posted this thread: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/vx-style-battles.127136/

I was wondering if what I'm talking about there is possible using the plugins included here. I have a vague idea that I had planned on using some Yanfly battle plugins for VX Ace or MV that would allow me to make front-view battles a little more interesting, so I thought I'd ask about it to see if I should download this.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Ever since BattleCore has been updated to version 1.04 and now 1.05, I can no longer turn off enemy shadows. When I reload version 1.03 the shadows are gone. Does anyone else have this problem? How can it be fixed?
I'm here to remind you all that

THIS IS NOT A BUG REPORT THREAD!

For Reporting Bugs:

Take a look at the Troubleshooting page on the wiki, follow the steps listed and if it still doesn't work, please report your problem through the link in Step 2.8 with as much detail as possible. Please follow this as we might miss any bug reports in this topic.

We have dedicated staff members that will fix bugs that are sent via reports. These staff members will be notified once a bug report is filed. If you feel something is a bug, then follow the steps in the link to report it, no matter how big or small.

Thank you for understanding.

Wave 3 was an instant-buy for me. Doodads was amazing in MV. I'm also excited to play with the Battle AI!

Will we get a default folder of premade RTP Doodads in the future, or are we left to just start our own? Just wondering if I should start splicing the tilesets on my own so I can use them for maps w/o them specifically set.
I left them out since the doodads from the tilesets can be acquired directly from the tileset now.

Seen here

In Events & Movement Core they allow you to:

* Change the hitbox sizes of events to larger in any direction.

<Hitbox Up: x>
<Hitbox Down: x>
<Hitbox Right: x>
<Hitbox Left: x>

To add space for larger style events. Larger NPC sprites, including character walking sprites and cars ect.

Usually when you make taller sprites or bigger cars for example. If they are facing down & not moving you have to add space on top of the sprite (which would be the back of the car) You would have to use <Hitbox Up: 1> so you cannot walk through the back of the car if it is facing down.

But if these cars are driving around the extra space added up will not be added to the behind of the car when it's facing upwards. Since the hit box doesn't follow the event behind if it's moving it'll always be facing up not following.

Looks messy when u have multiple cars driving & over lapping on each other.
You'd have to work with the way it's set. When they're facing down, use a different event page and use comment tags so that the hitboxes adjust to the page rather than the whole event.

Hello @VisuStella ! I have a question regarding the ATB Battle System plugin: https://visustellamz.itch.io/battle-system-atb

Amazing job on it by the way! How do I set the parameters so that each critical hit (whether attack or skill) is going to be a guarantee interrupt on the target? Thanks so much! (If it is already set to interrupt battlers with critical damage, then I'm sorry for my stupidity for not checking it. >.<) Just making sure. xD :D
Thanks! For the critical effect, I would recommend visiting the https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/the-official-visustella-notetag-help-thread.125717/ thread for those effects or just ask in the VisuStella Discord's dev chat.

For the ATB system, is there somewhere I can find the sample ATB field gauge shown in the screenshots/videos? I can't seem to locate it
That was something we forgot to upload. You can grab here in the downloads. Just remember to hide the "Show Gauge?" option under the Field Gauge Skin option in the Plugin Parameters so that the rendered gauge doesn't hide the skin.

I have a quick question, since I just noticed this today. Not long ago I posted this thread: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/vx-style-battles.127136/

I was wondering if what I'm talking about there is possible using the plugins included here. I have a vague idea that I had planned on using some Yanfly battle plugins for VX Ace or MV that would allow me to make front-view battles a little more interesting, so I thought I'd ask about it to see if I should download this.
Portrait.png

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, @VisuStella. I was wondering: Are there any plans to port Yanfly's Weapon Animation plugin from MV to MZ? The one that lets you set custom images for individual weapons?

Georg

That guy that tries to do some big RPG
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't wanna be annoying, but as no one answered I'll ask once again:

How can I alter the width of the command windows in battle??

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

It's not looking like you can playa without editing the source code. I didn't look deep into it but I think there's another plugin around that lets you.

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Hi yanfly, can you make atb such that it also supports front view? When I switch to front view, there is no ATB meter for the battlers.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I'm here to remind you all that

THIS IS NOT A BUG REPORT THREAD!

For Reporting Bugs:

Take a look at the Troubleshooting page on the wiki, follow the steps listed and if it still doesn't work, please report your problem through the link in Step 2.8 with as much detail as possible. Please follow this as we might miss any bug reports in this topic.

We have dedicated staff members that will fix bugs that are sent via reports. These staff members will be notified once a bug report is filed. If you feel something is a bug, then follow the steps in the link to report it, no matter how big or small.
yanfly... i try reporting simple bug using that form... but it REQUIRE me to upload a blank project... while the bug can be easily replicated by seeing the screenshot... currently i try to make a small project that i can upload to the form (currently still at 50mb... using your visustella demo as the base while removing the uneeded assets.)...

some suggestion though... it would be nice if the blank project upload is optional instead of mandatory... especially when the bug is simple to replicate... making the blank project mandatory will deter the people who want to report minor bugs to your plugins.

Last edited:

Riff

Eorzean
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, VisuStella Team! Good work on the plugins so far! Just wondering - any plans for additional xparam / sparam? Such as blocking (block rate and block strength) and parrying. Shields will be much more useful that way. ;)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello, @VisuStella. I was wondering: Are there any plans to port Yanfly's Weapon Animation plugin from MV to MZ? The one that lets you set custom images for individual weapons?
From the reports I've been hearing, you can use the Weapon Animation plugin straight from MV inside MZ without problems.

This is coming in 1.06 for Battle Core

Hi yanfly, can you make atb such that it also supports front view? When I switch to front view, there is no ATB meter for the battlers.
Please check the plugin parameters.

yanfly... i try reporting simple bug using that form... but it REQUIRE me to upload a blank project... while the bug can be easily replicated by seeing the screenshot... currently i try to make a small project that i can upload to the form (currently still at 50mb... using your visustella demo as the base while removing the uneeded assets.)...

some suggestion though... it would be nice if the blank project upload is optional instead of mandatory... especially when the bug is simple to replicate... making the blank project mandatory will deter the people who want to report minor bugs to your plugins.
We've made it mandatory to upload an empty project because in the past, people have reported to me several small bug reports that just simply don't exist. If they did exist, sometimes I'd fix one thing that would be causing a bug, but only to find out it's something else. By uploading an empty project that can recreate it successfully, we cut down on the wild goose chase and ensure that we are fixing the right bug.

There's another thing.

Pardon me for being blunt, but if users can't be bothered to follow the guidelines to fill out a bug report, then I'm taking it that they don't simply care about the bug being fixed. If a user doesn't have the patience to help us out with what we need to get it fixed, then I'd rather not waste the support staff's time to have the hunt down a problem that might not even exist.

Mirai Ko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can use the Weapon Animation Plugin for MZ as well?
That's great news!

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello again. I have a strange thing that doesn't quite merit a bug report, but if you'd rather I put it there I will. It's not an error message. The following screenshot shows the equip menu of my project I'm working on. I'm using all default settings for plugins and screen resolution, etc. My plugins are all up-to-date. What do I need to change to get the text to stop bunching together?Equip Menu Screenshot.png

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello again. I have a strange thing that doesn't quite merit a bug report, but if you'd rather I put it there I will. It's not an error message. The following screenshot shows the equip menu of my project I'm working on. I'm using all default settings for plugins and screen resolution, etc. My plugins are all up-to-date. What do I need to change to get the text to stop bunching together?View attachment 161786
Don't use TP in your game :p

A more helpful response...Go to ItemsEquips Core and in the plugin parameters you can play with the setting in the 'Equip Menu Settings' and play with the options there, more specifically the 'JS: Parameter Lower' section you can play with the numbers in there to learn what does what, it might be some trial and error. You could also use a larger resolution I think.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
We've made it mandatory to upload an empty project because in the past, people have reported to me several small bug reports that just simply don't exist. If they did exist, sometimes I'd fix one thing that would be causing a bug, but only to find out it's something else. By uploading an empty project that can recreate it successfully, we cut down on the wild goose chase and ensure that we are fixing the right bug.

There's another thing.

Pardon me for being blunt, but if users can't be bothered to follow the guidelines to fill out a bug report, then I'm taking it that they don't simply care about the bug being fixed. If a user doesn't have the patience to help us out with what we need to get it fixed, then I'd rather not waste the support staff's time to have the hunt down a problem that might not even exist.
it's only suggestion btw... it's okay if you still need blank project... i also agree on to point the bug correctly.

although pardon me to be blunt too...
sometimes there's a minor bug that can be recreated easily 100% of the time like the one i reported... what i mean earlier is for that kind of case...
and uploading 50mb+ files not good with bad connection (took me 15+minutes to upload. my country internet upload speed suck)... not to mention it has to stay at my google drive until the staff download it... (i already sent it... will there be notification when the staff already download it? so i can delete the files).

it's my personal opinion though... i respect any of your decision anyway...

i also report the minor bug only because of goodwill... like you said i actually don't care if you fix it or not... because i don't even use that plugin. i only found that bug in your plugin when writing my own plugins for my game and checking the compatibility with yours (to clarify after i found the bug i try only using yours in new blank 99mb project and the bug is indeed on your plugin)...

hope this post did not offend you in any way... thank you.

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Sorry yanfly, I did check the plugin, in fact I checked and tested the plugin parameters for an hour before giving up. Could you show me a SS of your settings?

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sorry yanfly, I did check the plugin, in fact I checked and tested the plugin parameters for an hour before giving up. Could you show me a SS of your settings?
Did you mess with the 'general gauge' and 'field gauge' settings in the ATB plugin? I think if you use the image you have to set 'show gauge' to false in the 'field gauge settings.'

If not that he might mean check the parameters in the core engine, since the last update there is a 'battle system' plugin parameter setting now.

Saireau

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a suggestion for the Aggro Control System. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can't really have a 'Stealth' state. While you can give an actor a Target Rate of 0%, there's no way of making a single enemy untargetable, is there?

This can't be replicated with the plugin either:

1601009042034.png

It would be cool to have <Stealth/Untargetable> and <Untargetable By id/Stype/Htype> notetags. :)

masterkof

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Did you mess with the 'general gauge' and 'field gauge' settings in the ATB plugin? I think if you use the image you have to set 'show gauge' to false in the 'field gauge settings.'

If not that he might mean check the parameters in the core engine, since the last update there is a 'battle system' plugin parameter setting now.
Ok I think i missed the battle system in the core plugin. I will try once I get back from work. Thank you

Celestrium

Adventurer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
From the reports I've been hearing, you can use the Weapon Animation plugin straight from MV inside MZ without problems.

This is coming in 1.06 for Battle Core

There's another thing.

Hello everybody!
I just wanted to note here that myself and another person couldn't get the Yanfly weapon animation plug-in to work in MZ. I had used it in MV fine. The animation just doesn't play. So I suggest an MZ version as previously stated as well!

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
it's only suggestion btw... it's okay if you still need blank project... i also agree on to point the bug correctly.

although pardon me to be blunt too...
sometimes there's a minor bug that can be recreated easily 100% of the time like the one i reported... what i mean earlier is for that kind of case...
and uploading 50mb+ files not good with bad connection (took me 15+minutes to upload. my country internet upload speed suck)... not to mention it has to stay at my google drive until the staff download it... (i already sent it... will there be notification when the staff already download it? so i can delete the files).

it's my personal opinion though... i respect any of your decision anyway...

i also report the minor bug only because of goodwill... like you said i actually don't care if you fix it or not... because i don't even use that plugin. i only found that bug in your plugin when writing my own plugins for my game and checking the compatibility with yours (to clarify after i found the bug i try only using yours in new blank 99mb project and the bug is indeed on your plugin)...

hope this post did not offend you in any way... thank you.
Once again, even if a bug can be recreated 100% easily, it's still better to report it because there can be multiple cases of the bug appearing under different situations. I'm not sure if you've ever came across the same volume of "bug reports" from users as I have for YEP, but in the past, many of the times, these "bug reports" are user error or due to plugin conflicts. Having users follow the steps needed also teach them basic troubleshooting techniques.

Even in countries where internet speeds suck, 50mb of upload is still miniscule compared to whenever you decide to upload an actual game project. As game devs, users need to be prepared for this kind of work and need to have this kind of patience.

I'm happy you decided to report it even if you don't care about it, but at the end of the day, we're still going to require users to follow procedure to ensure we get the right bugs fixed and not stray ones we find elsewhere while reducing the likelihood of non-existing bugs that are due to user error.

Hello everybody!
I just wanted to note here that myself and another person couldn't get the Yanfly weapon animation plug-in to work in MZ. I had used it in MV fine. The animation just doesn't play. So I suggest an MZ version as previously stated as well!
I'll consider that then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I always told my DA fans how much I hate slot machines. They're fine in games as a risk-and-reward system. But when you're spending REAL MONEY in a Vegas casino to try and hit the jackpot (which very, very few people will), it can really hurt your budget. Gambling is a bad habit, and I don't like wasting my money on a slim chance. Go to Vegas for the experience, not the jackpot.
Took the kids to a corn maze. They gave us a map and had lights at certain points in the maze. Not overwhelming... or underwhelming... just... whelming.
Okay, vacuuming fruit flies out of the air is surprisingly effective.
Finally finished my menu redesign after like a month of coding! I hate designing menus... Good news though - I thought of a complete redesign for it now, so yay...
Still no scam calls all day... also I got a quick gig designing a mascot drawing for a small business, so I might actually make some green of my own after all. That would be a perfect job for me, since I love art and digital design.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelsandherself