Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Don't use TP in your game :p

A more helpful response...Go to ItemsEquips Core and in the plugin parameters you can play with the setting in the 'Equip Menu Settings' and play with the options there, more specifically the 'JS: Parameter Lower' section you can play with the numbers in there to learn what does what, it might be some trial and error. You could also use a larger resolution I think.
Ha. :p But really, thanks for the response. I took a look at "JS: Parameter Lower," but I don't understand what's going on in there and what to change, so I don't want to mess with anything in there. I changed the resolution to match the VisuStella Sample Project (1280x720) and that took care of the crammed-in text. Thing is, one would assume the plugin should be designed to work with MZ's default settings (816x624). Now I have to change a bunch of stuff like pictures so they appear in the right place with the new window size. Do what you have to, of course, but it just seems like something I shouldn't have to do.

Celestrium

Adventurer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a suggestion, is there a way that the elements status core plugin could have the feature to scroll down the element and traits list instead of just the one static screen? I would even take it as an additional feature of an added plugin!
I am having an issue due to a lot of elements being in my game and it not displaying properly. Also the ability to not display all elements would be nice (Hopefully I didn't miss that somewhere, but I really looked!) I appreciate you taking the time to read this.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a suggestion, is there a way that the elements status core plugin could have the feature to scroll down the element and traits list instead of just the one static screen? I would even take it as an additional feature of an added plugin!
I am having an issue due to a lot of elements being in my game and it not displaying properly. Also the ability to not display all elements would be nice (Hopefully I didn't miss that somewhere, but I really looked!) I appreciate you taking the time to read this.
Go to the Element Status Core and look in 'Status Menu Settings' then 'Excluded Elements' and put in the numbers of the ones you DON'T want to be displayed.

Celestrium

Adventurer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Go to the Element Status Core and look in 'Status Menu Settings' then 'Excluded Elements' and put in the numbers of the ones you DON'T want to be displayed.
Thank you for pointing that out. I kept clicking on the settings under Status Menu Settings, and not ON status menu settings. That helps a lot! Played with resolution a bit too, so my suggestion is now moot.

stevenblanc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi guys, just a quick question on move core. I'm seeing where I can set up a region tile to be passable/not passable/ passable for events only etc. but is it possible to use regions for directional movement?

In this particular use case, I have an escalator event, but I would like to have it in accessible from both sides but accessible from top and bottom. Is this functionality possible?

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The Class Change was mentioned a few times here. An option whether or not to set a one-time weapon / armor / item requirement (unless you want to reset it for an actor and class through a command) for each class by requiring an item in your inventory or a weapon / armor equipped or not and choose whether it'd be consumed would go well.

Some like to change class not only through levels but also through a weapon / armor (whether equipped or not) or item in their inventory, especially giving Key Items even more important use in a game.

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does the Battle AI plugin support Action Times+? I know MV's didn't since Action Times+ was very buggy, and I'd like to know if the same's true for MZ before I buy the plugin.

Nohmaan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
In the damage formulas, how would one go about using a different formula when the attack targets multiple enemies? For example, a magic attack that targets all enemies and distributes the damage among them evenly.

Alistair

Treasure Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the damage formulas, how would one go about using a different formula when the attack targets multiple enemies? For example, a magic attack that targets all enemies and distributes the damage among them evenly.
If you want an attack to split damage evenly you can use "x / $gameTroop.aliveMembers().length" with x being your damage formula. So you actually don't need a plugin for that.

musicprod

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all. I have been looking around the forums-but haven't seen anything like what I have in mind-for a suggestion about a custom battle system that uses plugins. In other words, are any of the VisuStella Plugins capable of assisting me in making a custom battle system--that's not turn-based? If this is a stupid question, please remove it. Forgive my ignorance, for I am new to RPG Maker MZ.

stevenblanc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another question regarding resolutions. In order to limit the field of view in my game, I dropped the resolution down to 960*540. However, this causes some issues with battles where the PC's are almost off the screen which doesnt work with most battlebacks (See picture below). I've dug around in the core engine and battle core but can't see anything for this.

1601241182578.png
Is there a way to fix this other than using a higher resolution?

Nohmaan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
If you want an attack to split damage evenly you can use "x / $gameTroop.aliveMembers().length" with x being your damage formula. So you actually don't need a plugin for that.
Oh, sure I can make that work. Is there documentation somewhere with the game object variables? I looked at the MZ API but it doesn't include game objects like this.

TMS

Guy with Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is probably a dumb question, but what is the procedure for transferring the plugins to projects besides the sample project? I tried just copy/pasting them from the Plugin Manager, but the new project says the plugins can't be loaded. Is that part of the obfuscation thing, or am I making a mistake?

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is probably a dumb question, but what is the procedure for transferring the plugins to projects besides the sample project? I tried just copy/pasting them from the Plugin Manager, but the new project says the plugins can't be loaded. Is that part of the obfuscation thing, or am I making a mistake?
You have to actually transfer the hard file over that is in your 'js' folder and then 'plugins folder in the game folder itself. You CAN do what you did also but you MUST have the hard file in your folders as well.

TMS

Guy with Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh, I see. Thank you.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another question regarding resolutions. In order to limit the field of view in my game, I dropped the resolution down to 960*540. However, this causes some issues with battles where the PC's are almost off the screen which doesnt work with most battlebacks (See picture below). I've dug around in the core engine and battle core but can't see anything for this.

View attachment 162060
Is there a way to fix this other than using a higher resolution?
Go into VisuStella_BattleCore then the section titled 'Actor Battler Settings' then 'Offset: X' and 'Offset: Y' will deal with positioning. I've always hated how the battlers are not lined up perfectly vertical so if you want to fine tune it further then visit the 'JS: Home Position' and mess with the 'x += index *' and the 'y += index *' sections to further fine tune it.

Mirai Ko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is there anyway to get a count of how many of a State Category a battler has?

I tried the old Javascript code from Yanfly's State Categories, but it doesn't seem to work.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Mirai Ko Do you mean the "user.isStateCategoryAffected(x)"? I tried this one early on and it didn't work at all.

They don't seem to have it in their SkillStates plugin. I've been wondering if that had something to do with how they now check passive states in VisuMZ's SkillStatesCore.

Mirai Ko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@Mirai Ko Do you mean the "user.isStateCategoryAffected(x)"? I tried this one early on and it didn't work at all.

They don't seem to have it in their SkillStates plugin. I've been wondering if that had something to do with how they now check passive states in VisuMZ's SkillStatesCore.

Yes, that's the one. I tried both it and the following one for counting the number of states in a category the battler is affected by, but to no avail.

So I'm thinking if there is a way, it must be an updated method.

stevenblanc

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Go into VisuStella_BattleCore then the section titled 'Actor Battler Settings' then 'Offset: X' and 'Offset: Y' will deal with positioning. I've always hated how the battlers are not lined up perfectly vertical so if you want to fine tune it further then visit the 'JS: Home Position' and mess with the 'x += index *' and the 'y += index *' sections to further fine tune it.
You are my hero. Thanks Knightmare!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are truly intellectuals.
Without using violence without weapons
Our group has as many as 1.3 million people and more than 1 hundred thousand talks.
We gathered in an hour, more than 4.5 Half a hundred thousand

I got a Sword.
I got an Axe.
I got two Swords.
Nothing to see here, just walking with my dog.
I haven’t worked on my game in a while. Tomorrow might be the day.
*squeals* :kaoblush:

I've been experimenting with improved memory management again, which allowed me to include items to increase player path length. These are both 44 grid spaces long, and stable. :LZSexcite:
I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a game! The feelings!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akasheee