stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another quick question to throw out there; I'm looking at visual state effects, but can't quite figure it out. I have a fire enemy that I want to constantly have a burning animation. So I figured I could use a state with a repeat animation from visual states. So:

State 50 Setup:
Name: Flaming
Notetag: <Repeat Animation: 66> "Animation 66 being the fire 1 animation by default"

I then try to apply this by default to the fire enemy by creating a turn 0 add state effect to the troop event.

No such luck. Has anyone had any luck with something similar?

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another quick question to throw out there; I'm looking at visual state effects, but can't quite figure it out. I have a fire enemy that I want to constantly have a burning animation. So I figured I could use a state with a repeat animation from visual states. So:

State 50 Setup:
Name: Flaming
Notetag: <Repeat Animation: 66> "Animation 66 being the fire 1 animation by default"

I then try to apply this by default to the fire enemy by creating a turn 0 add state effect to the troop event.

No such luck. Has anyone had any luck with something similar?
You have to set the enemy up with a Passive State if you have VisuStella SkillsStates Core. Put <Passive State: 66> in the enemy notebox and you should be good to go. You can get rid of the turn 0 thing.

Gurkengelee

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hey VisuStella,

thanks for your work. I know these requests are probably annyoing but would it be possible to translate Yanflys Change_Battle_Equip to MZ? There is a plugin shipping with MZ but you cannot set a cooldown to it or define which equipment can be changed and which is fix.

Would be great to see this as a plugin for MZ!

Also I love your thumbnails :)

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can there be a way to manually change an Actor's faceset and index when it comes to Level Up / Skill quotes through Victory Aftermath? You'd want some actors to smile or something depending on what kind of quotes you're going for with some emotion, it'd make them a bit better.

I'm unable to use some of the message codes like \ActorFace[x] or anything regarding facesets for quote settings. Also, would there come settings to change the pitch, tempo, and pan of the victory music and level up sfx that's playing?

Last edited:

stevenblanc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Knightmare worked like a charm, though now I'm going to have to go and create a semi transparent fire animation thats half the size so I can both see the enemy sprite through the flame and prevent crazy lag.

On a final battle related note. Is there anyway to have weapons always appear? Meaning, visible during idle animations?

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would absolutely love to see Yanfly Tips & Tricks, but translated into VisuStella MZ.

Jhin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I love the SkillsStatesCore, but I would like to have the option to hide some specific states. Nowadays the plugin allows you to hide some skills with a lot of options, but for passive states the icon are always showing and I would like to hide them.

Thank you for your awesome work.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd like an option to hide certain skill types in map only just like one can currently hide skill types in battle only.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Knightmare worked like a charm, though now I'm going to have to go and create a semi transparent fire animation thats half the size so I can both see the enemy sprite through the flame and prevent crazy lag.

On a final battle related note. Is there anyway to have weapons always appear? Meaning, visible during idle animations?
I think there is with the Action Sequences but I have next to no experience with those so I can't help there but it should be totally doable.

I'd like an option to hide certain skill types in map only just like one can currently hide skill types in battle only.
There is, in SkillsStatesCore there is a <Hide outside Battle> option
that you can put in skill note tags.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Using that notetag, it would just hide the Skill ID itself outside of battle while the Skill Type itself remains seen.

Attachments

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Wanted to say thank you for the plugins!
I'm only using the Core and Message Core, but those already solved so many small issues I had and gave me a ton of control over how I wanted my messages to look.

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @VisuStella i was wondering if somebody could help me out with the main menu core

i created a custom menu where i get a 3custom option which i name profession
commonevnt_2.png

commonevnt_2.png
my problem is when i want to run common event im aint sure how or what run what, like here on this example at symbol line it says commonEvent 3 is that the common even id that is call
or
commonevent_3.png

should i put 13 here ( i try scene.commandEvent(13); )and nothing seem to call commonevent id 13...

ty...!

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I would really love it, with the Item & Equip Core, you have the option to toggle categories to not be seen in the menu or not.

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
ok so i found the solution, dont touch the scene manager line and just change commonEvent to 3
since it the id, so you can have as much button you want, as long as the first line (symbol is pertaining to your common event id number)

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
sry , but i try to report myself and it was saying i could not because of the thread so...but ill try to do my best ty

Last edited:

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@Luckysince97 , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

wkdrn33

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
kor
Primarily Uses
Are sample projects of Wave 2 or 3 provided for users who purchased Wave 2 or 3?
It looks simpler than Wave 1, but it seems necessary.

Nemojbatkastle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just discovered the damage formula feature in the Battle Core and I think that was worth the price of the maker alone.

Two hopefully innocuous questions:

-So, for the Attack at no. 1 in the database, I just leave that alone right? Leave the original formula and it'll replace it? Or do I want to put in a (in this case)
damage constant?

-Anyone have any good starting stats for making use of some of these formulas. I'm using the FFX damage formula and not quite getting the outputs I want no matter what I try. First I tried using the actual stats & constants from FFX and got nowhere, then I trying putting '400' for the stats like suggested, in both cases I can't get anything near what I want.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I love the SkillsStatesCore, but I would like to have the option to hide some specific states. Nowadays the plugin allows you to hide some skills with a lot of options, but for passive states the icon are always showing and I would like to hide them.

Thank you for your awesome work.
For the passive states you don't want to show up, use Icon 0 (the empty one). The slot will be bypassed as a part of the icon calculation bit. If you're using a passive state that shares an effect with a state that is normally applied to a target by direction action (item or skill), I recommend creating a no-icon copy of it.

We don't have a notetag version of hiding it as a passive state because it desynchs everything else that is state icon related otherwise.

Are sample projects of Wave 2 or 3 provided for users who purchased Wave 2 or 3?
It looks simpler than Wave 1, but it seems necessary.
There are no sample projects for those waves. The only sample project is the one for wave 1, which are the free plugins.

Just discovered the damage formula feature in the Battle Core and I think that was worth the price of the maker alone.

Two hopefully innocuous questions:

-So, for the Attack at no. 1 in the database, I just leave that alone right? Leave the original formula and it'll replace it? Or do I want to put in a (in this case)
damage constant?

-Anyone have any good starting stats for making use of some of these formulas. I'm using the FFX damage formula and not quite getting the outputs I want no matter what I try. First I tried using the actual stats & constants from FFX and got nowhere, then I trying putting '400' for the stats like suggested, in both cases I can't get anything near what I want.
You have to design your battle system and stats around them if you keep the damage styles intact. Each of the damage styles are based on various games. I suggest looking towards those games to see how they handle their stats to keep their numbers balanced.

---

I also want to make mention that VisuStella MZ Wave 3 is nearly done! (Hooray!) Just a few more plugins left and the set is complete. There will be a Wave 4 coming soon(tm). We'll be giving the team's programmers a week-long break in between Wave 3 and Wave 4 so they can rest up and restore some of the sanity they've consumed.

Not everything for Wave 4 has been decided yet, but here are the ones we're absolutely sure on releasing:

• Battle System CTB
  • Enemy Levels
  • Proximity Compass
  • Enhanced TP System
  • Item Crafting
  • Anti-Damage Barriers

We have 8 plugins planned for the release and the remaining 2 have yet to be decided at the moment.

Wave 4 will begin around October 19th.

Hope you are all looking forward to it!

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For the passive states you don't want to show up, use Icon 0 (the empty one). The slot will be bypassed as a part of the icon calculation bit. If you're using a passive state that shares an effect with a state that is normally applied to a target by direction action (item or skill), I recommend creating a no-icon copy of it.

We don't have a notetag version of hiding it as a passive state because it desynchs everything else that is state icon related otherwise.

There are no sample projects for those waves. The only sample project is the one for wave 1, which are the free plugins.

You have to design your battle system and stats around them if you keep the damage styles intact. Each of the damage styles are based on various games. I suggest looking towards those games to see how they handle their stats to keep their numbers balanced.

---

I also want to make mention that VisuStella MZ Wave 3 is nearly done! (Hooray!) Just a few more plugins left and the set is complete. There will be a Wave 4 coming soon(tm). We'll be giving the team's programmers a week-long break in between Wave 3 and Wave 4 so they can rest up and restore some of the sanity they've consumed.

Not everything for Wave 4 has been decided yet, but here are the ones we're absolutely sure on releasing:

• Battle System CTB
  • Enemy Levels
  • Proximity Compass
  • Enhanced TP System
  • Item Crafting
  • Anti-Damage Barriers

We have 8 plugins planned for the release and the remaining 2 have yet to be decided at the moment.

Wave 4 will begin around October 19th.

Hope you are all looking forward to it!
Thanks for the info on the next wave. Wave 3 was a great baragain and I will most likely get every wave going forward if you decide to do more waves beyond wave 4.

Hopefully the other 2 are a couple of either the Class System, Skill Learning System with JP, Stat Allocation System, Steal System, or Multiple Currencies. Those are the ones I'm waiting on the most but I know you guys have a system and will likely get to them in due time so carry on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It seems MOG Weather only has a "clear" function to instantly erase a given weather effect. Probably works well if weather only changes at map transfer, etc, but looks very abrupt if weather effects are continuously changing. So my next challenge: script a "fade" function to gradually fade the sprites and wait to "clear" the current weather until the opacity of all its sprites hits zero... or something like that! XD
BRIEF HISTORY OF MY GAME SO FAR
June 2019 - My friend (let's call him G) says he wants to make a game
later- it's really bad and angsty
laterer - He gives up

EARLY 2020 - I suggest trying again, G says yes
slightly later - G gives up and gives me the whole idea
LATE 2020 - I finish the script's first draft. G doesn't like it

And that's where we stand!
To get validation for all your hard work feels amazing.

Studio Blue did a video on Collector and enjoyed it a lot. I expected them to rip it to shreds, but the gameplay went (mostly) well.

There are things I can improve, but they said my game "oozes Mike Pondsmith" (he's the creator of the Cyberpunk 2020 ttrpg, which precedes Cyberpunk 2077). I was shocked to hear such a compliment! :kaopride:
People3_3 and People3_4 added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silki