Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Asked this question a couple pages back; still wondering about it:
Does the Battle AI plugin support Action Times+? I know MV's didn't since Action Times+ was very buggy, and I'd like to know if the same's true for MZ.

Personally I'd like to see Skill Learning System and Equip Skills, but if those aren't high priority then no problem. The plugins I have been using have been pretty useful (the Debugger in particular has been really useful), so I'm sure whatever comes next will be just as good.

Action Times are supported.

For those mentioned plugins, they'll come in due time. I'm basing the plugins that are released in the waves based on their popularity (source analytics). Those two are actually not all that widely used compared to most of the YEP library.

believe me or not... the advantage is always there... and since it's optional... we can still use the console anyway... thus we're not losing anything either with the 'option' we have...

to be clear let me tell you my case... in my case... i wrote a plugin which have ability to rescue images... (menu engine with heavily image based). so if when certain image is not made yet (example image for "Item command" still not yet made)... the plugin will use rescue image instead of crashing the game like you said... (finding the method to do that is quite hard because of how the image works in MV/MZ... but i already manage to do that in my plugin)...

but of course to do that... the image should goes to proper error channel first before the images get rescued and the game can continue... and i print console.log() to warn what file missing... and because of the VisuStellaCore the console windows keep popping up... what make thing worse... you set the console to auto focus to the console... thus each image rescued... i need to switch back to game window... to unfortunately get the console focus AGAIN (next image rescued)... switch to game window again... get the console focus AGAIN.. :D :D until all the missing image finish 'rescued'...

that's why ability to make it 'optional' will be really helpful... instead of 'forced'...
anyway adding that should not be huge problem either.... it will be only one plugin parameter with few conditional check... please :D...

if you're not willing... can you at least make to not auto focus on the console and still keep the focus on the game window... at least i can still proceed the game like usual that way... :D.

or if you're busy... can at least you tell me the name of the function you put the console popping code when error...(if possible with the name of the alias of the original function)... so i can code patch to remove it myself... thanks in advance... sorry if this request bothering your time...

Part of the reason why I have it as forced is because in the past, when I've received error reports during the YEP library, they were just screenshots of the unhelpful black screen with a one liner error.

When I made the error popup optional in YEP's version, people would turn it off, then still send me the screenshots of the unhelpful black screen with a one liner error. Why would they turn off that option? I have no idea other than they turned off the things they did not understand.

With it becoming a forced trigger this time around, users have only sent black screen error messages maybe once in a blue moon. It's pretty evident to me that making the console popup forced has increased the understanding of what needs to be sent to the plugin developer this time around.

So unfortunately, the console window popup is there to stay and not optional.

However, I won't give you no direction on how to remove it. Just overwrite the Graphics.printError function. Not alias/monkey patch it. Straight up overwrite it and place your plugin underneath the VisuStella Core Engine.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
However, I won't give you no direction on how to remove it. Just overwrite the Graphics.printError function. Not alias/monkey patch it. Straight up overwrite it and place your plugin underneath the VisuStella Core Engine.
this information is enough... i can do the rest easily...
thanks for the info... and sorry for disturbing your time...

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!

I've browsed these forums before, but this will be my first time posting. I've bought a lot of your plugins, they're awesome! Recently I bought the ATB Battle System plugin for RPG Maker MZ, and I was wondering if there was a way to visually show what skill the enemy is going to use (while it is charging in the orange bar). This could either be a small text box above its head with the skill name, or even an icon. If there is a way to do it, I'd appreciate any help. Ideally it'd help in strategizing whether to guard/interrupt.

Thanks!

Mirai Ko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was wondering if State Counters are supported in any way. I was looking for a way to display specific information to the player. For instance how much damage a poison tick is going to do.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who got a lot of use out of State Triggers in MV, and thought that feature was missing in the VisuStella plugins for weeks, until I read the Battle Core thoroughly enough to see the functionality had been moved there.

So I'm not entirely sure I haven't just missed it somehow.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Beautiful Demo, however, I have some questions:
1) The damage is displayed with the comma "9.999", how can I remove it and have a damage "9999"?!?
2) I have set the damage style FF7. Everything is perfect and the same as its algorithm, congratulations, only now that there is that type of damage, the "Skill Limit" always cause "0" damage, regardless of the power of the skill and the defense of the enemy. What did it depend on?
3) The power of spells with algorithm at "300 + a.mat", cause 3000 points of damage even at level 1 with Magic at "5".

How to solve it all ???

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Beautiful Demo, however, I have some questions:
1) The damage is displayed with the comma "9.999", how can I remove it and have a damage "9999"?!?
2) I have set the damage style FF7. Everything is perfect and the same as its algorithm, congratulations, only now that there is that type of damage, the "Skill Limit" always cause "0" damage, regardless of the power of the skill and the defense of the enemy. What did it depend on?
3) The power of spells with algorithm at "300 + a.mat", cause 3000 points of damage even at level 1 with Magic at "5".

How to solve it all ???

You need to put a number constant in the formula box.
The dmg formula automatically does the rest for you.
The number constant is the power of the move on it's own.

As for limits
You need to set them as Physical or Magical.
and add the notetag
<Always Hit>

H/MP Dmg Ceritan hits don't do anything using FF7 Dmg style.
H/MP Recover Certain hits do.
I'm going off the rough original FF7 Formula but enemy level has a part to play in damage too iirc.

If you use a constant added to a battler's stat value , the power of the move is gonna increase greatly, even if you were to buff yourself, you're increasing the power by 50% (default buff stack max) Effectively increasing the total output.
(For like the first aid skill I used
35 + (a.level / 2) as a magical hit property.
So it remains useful throughout the game without really needing to give X character the healing magic.)

I want like limit levels but having the one per class is working really well for me so far.
So i might just leave it alone as it is and just continue.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Thanks for replying.
How and where do I set 9999 without a comma?

For the Limits they are already set as you said.

For magical damage, yours is great advice!

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for replying.
How and where do I set 9999 without a comma?

For the Limits they are already set as you said.

For magical damage, yours is great advice!

VisuStella Core Engine, Quality of Life Settings, Digit Grouping Section.

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
THat would apply for all damage numbers

Dimanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly looking forward to wave 4, glad to see you are still lurking in the shadows, its not a maker without Yanfly!
Do you know if the steal system and the class systems will be coming back especially weapons animation. Anyway your team is doing a awesome job, but then they do have the best mentor:LZSrasp:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for helping answer questions, Knightmare and Cyberhawk!

@Yanfly looking forward to wave 4, glad to see you are still lurking in the shadows, its not a maker without Yanfly!
Do you know if the steal system and the class systems will be coming back especially weapons animation. Anyway your team is doing a awesome job, but then they do have the best mentor:LZSrasp:

Those are in the pipeline for a future wave. We're estimating 5 or 6.

Speaking of which, Wave 4 early access is out!

With it comes the following plugins:

- Battle System - CTB
- Enemy Levels
- Proximity Compass
- Enhanced TP System
- Auto Skill Triggers
- Animated Pictures
- Item Crafting System
- Anti-Damage Barriers

Not only that, but the ALL WAVES BUNDLE COLLECTION is out, too!

I can't link it from here due to it being a commercial product, but I'm sure you guys know how to find it.

I know many of you have been asking for this ever since Wave 2 and 3's bundles have been announced. We've finally gone and made it. It is priced at $100, but if you own any of the waves, the amount will be discounted proportionally. This means if you own only Wave 2 or 3, it'll be priced at $75. If you own both of them, it'll be priced at $50. If you ever decide to get Wave 4, then the price will go down to $25.

In a nutshell, this means this collection is worth 4 waves. While there are only 3 waves out currently, this collection will be updated with any future waves that do come out. This means once Wave 5 arrives, the All Waves Bundle will let you break even. After that, you more or less save money. And in case you're wondering how many waves we have planned, it's anywhere between 7 to 10.

This collection will NOT include plugins released outside of the Waves system from the past and going to the future (such as Luna Engine and the MV plugins).

I hope this answers any questions you may have regarding it.

Thank you for supporting us all this time!

Oliin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I was looking at the anti-damage barriers plugin and it looks pretty great. Suggestion though, it'd be nice if there were actor, class, and item notetags for them too in addition to just state options. An item that gives someone a constant MP-damage shield while equipped or maybe an earth mage always has a small absorption barrier that regenerates a set amount every round to a certain maximum.

GamesOfShadows

♥ Gamer/Games ♥
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is it possible to disable / delete some functions / code? I use a different Event-Spawn-Plugin.
There are problems as soon as I use VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore, but the plug-in contains some useful features. EventsMoveCore has the Event-Spawn feature too, I think this causes the problem.

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Jrrkein

Drago Royale
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
some notetag might cause this bug

<User Global Cooldown>
<Target Global Cooldown>

1602617801191.png

Pasteleptic

Costan's Sin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh man! I just got done looking at a bunch of available plugins on itch.io and YouTube videos your team has released. I have to say, they're all incredibly impressive, especially the character generator.

Are there plans to release something similar for tiles to match the art style of the character generator?

As a side note, I'd also like to thank you Yanfly. You've done so much for the community, and I'm more than happy to help support you guys.

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
May I make a feature suggestion for a future update to Element/Status Core? It would be nice to have the "Normal Attack" element be an option in the <Multi-Elements> notetag. I know it draws from the Database's elements, but could it be possible? The reason I'm asking is that I'm making "Ranged" attacks their own element so they do more damage against flying enemies. Also, I was thinking Bow skills could use the "Normal Attack" element so that whatever kind of elemental bow is used, that skill would deal damage with that respective element. So, if I had Fire Arrows as a weapon, or if a mage used the Fire Weapon skill on my archer (turns "Normal Attack" element to Fire element), then the Bow would do both Fire and Ranged damage. I hope I'm being clear enough and making sense! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into your plugins; I've found them very useful.

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is priced at $100, but if you own any of the waves, the amount will be discounted proportionally. This means if you own only Wave 2 or 3, it'll be priced at $75. If you own both of them, it'll be priced at $50. If you ever decide to get Wave 4, then the price will go down to $25.

I'm glad to see that my idea found it's way to the team and had so many supporters! That said, does the total price stay at 100 from now on or will the cost increase as more waves are released?

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
May I make a feature suggestion for a future update to Element/Status Core? It would be nice to have the "Normal Attack" element be an option in the <Multi-Elements> notetag. I know it draws from the Database's elements, but could it be possible? The reason I'm asking is that I'm making "Ranged" attacks their own element so they do more damage against flying enemies. Also, I was thinking Bow skills could use the "Normal Attack" element so that whatever kind of elemental bow is used, that skill would deal damage with that respective element. So, if I had Fire Arrows as a weapon, or if a mage used the Fire Weapon skill on my archer (turns "Normal Attack" element to Fire element), then the Bow would do both Fire and Ranged damage. I hope I'm being clear enough and making sense! Thanks for all the time and effort you put into your plugins; I've found them very useful.
Normal attack is literally normal attack. So it is binded to the weapon's Attack Element.
You can set multi element to the weapon itself and give the weapon the element "Ranged" and Fire at the same time.
While also making the skill deal fire damage and Ranged with notetags. You can set the skill's final damage calculation to the skill individually with notetags, you can change the final damage output the sum of the elements used or the product.
Skill Element: Normal Attack/ Physical or none.
<Multi Element: Fire, Ranged>
<Multi-Element Rule: Maximum>

<Multi-Element Rule: Minimum>

<Multi-Element Rule: Multiply>

<Multi-Element Rule: Additive>

<Multi-Element Rule: Average>
Pick your fancy
------------------------------------------

Anyway,
My suggestion is allowing us to make skills Bypass the <Guts> effect in Life effects plugin.
and the ability to turn off Aggro acculiation, while still being able to use taunt and provoke.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The main game of my trilo/saga 50%OFF on Steam..... its now or never more
I swap between Ace and MZ so I can stay fresh but - what do you mean you can use subfolders in the plugin's folder for easier organization!?
Did some new music again, praise be. To the next song!
Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nugogo555