TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not everything for Wave 4 has been decided yet, but here are the ones we're absolutely sure on releasing:

• Battle System CTB
  • Enemy Levels
  • Proximity Compass
  • Enhanced TP System
  • Item Crafting
  • Anti-Damage Barriers
Oh my yes!! I'll be happily be waiting!

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
:kaojoy: I saw the thread so just popping in to say you guys are doing an absolutely incredible job!

Thanks to anyone helping to bring these plugins to the community I know it must be an incredible amount of blood, sweat, tears, effort, and time; special thanks to yanfly who graciously continues to dedicate free time to this project despite retirement but know the rest of you are equally appreciated. Also lawdy the art I spied in those instructional videos is A++, damn arteests, much respect. Whoever is writing those mile-long instructional guides and whoever is doing the videos also respect those jobs are underappreciated but the love and attention is oozing out of them. :kaoluv: ALSO I'M CRYING THE TRAILER I CAN'T BREATHE.

Seeing these plugins come to life realtime is such a nostalgic feeling back to my younger rpgmaker days and inspires me to further my game toward completion.

I didn't see anywhere on this page it said we can't leave some feedback of the positive variety if it's there just know im blind AF and despite not planning on moving my project to MZ you guys seriously deserve the love, so there you go! Your hard work past, present, and future is appreciated heavily by many people, they just don't say it and anger is louder than love but not weaker- remember that! :kaothx:

And good luck with the current batch!

Last edited:

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So excited for Item Crafting!! Really want to have it in my next game.

Any chance you guys could do Instant Use/Cast skills? ;3

YukitoTrevisan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
  • Battle System CTB
  • Enemy Levels
  • Proximity Compass
  • Enhanced TP System
  • Item Crafting
  • Anti-Damage Barriers

We have 8 plugins planned for the release and the remaining 2 have yet to be decided at the moment.

Wave 4 will begin around October 19th.

Hope you are all looking forward to it!

thanks for the incredible work, i make a point of supporting your team by purchasing the WAVES.

Is there a chance to launch a SNATCH / STEAL plugin? Anxious!

Nemojbatkastle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You have to design your battle system and stats around them if you keep the damage styles intact. Each of the damage styles are based on various games. I suggest looking towards those games to see how they handle their stats to keep their numbers balanced.
Thank you, oh wise puffball. You are the hardest-working person in retirement I can think of. I've had relative success using original game stats with the DQ and FF7 damage style (once I figured out the FF7 Damage style requires enemy levels...I think), little to no luck with the FFX damage style.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Nemojbatkastle, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Anti-Damage Barrier though. I enjoyed the Absorption Barrier back in MV and looking forward to these.

Seeing that the Charge Turn Battle is coming, I wonder if Allow Actor Turn Skip will be implemented in Battle Core since in the YEP_BattleStatusWindow, it was made for tick-based battles like the CTB system though it worked perfectly in Default Turn Battle. It made things more convenient having to freely skip turns.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
can i request a plugin parameter for your core script..

i can disable the console at start of game in the current parameter... but when some error happen... the console window will appear and focus shift to console window...
can i ask parameter to disable that feature if i choose to disable the console...

yes i know that giving the user info that there's error might be good... but can it made "optional". thx for your time.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
:kaojoy: I saw the thread so just popping in to say you guys are doing an absolutely incredible job!

Thanks to anyone helping to bring these plugins to the community I know it must be an incredible amount of blood, sweat, tears, effort, and time; special thanks to yanfly who graciously continues to dedicate free time to this project despite retirement but know the rest of you are equally appreciated. Also lawdy the art I spied in those instructional videos is A++, damn arteests, much respect. Whoever is writing those mile-long instructional guides and whoever is doing the videos also respect those jobs are underappreciated but the love and attention is oozing out of them. :kaoluv: ALSO I'M CRYING THE TRAILER I CAN'T BREATHE.

Seeing these plugins come to life realtime is such a nostalgic feeling back to my younger rpgmaker days and inspires me to further my game toward completion.

I didn't see anywhere on this page it said we can't leave some feedback of the positive variety if it's there just know im blind AF and despite not planning on moving my project to MZ you guys seriously deserve the love, so there you go! Your hard work past, present, and future is appreciated heavily by many people, they just don't say it and anger is louder than love but not weaker- remember that! :kaothx:

And good luck with the current batch!
Thank you!

So excited for Item Crafting!! Really want to have it in my next game.

Any chance you guys could do Instant Use/Cast skills? ;3
Possibly!

thanks for the incredible work, i make a point of supporting your team by purchasing the WAVES.

Is there a chance to launch a SNATCH / STEAL plugin? Anxious!
In the future!

The Anti-Damage Barrier though. I enjoyed the Absorption Barrier back in MV and looking forward to these.

Seeing that the Charge Turn Battle is coming, I wonder if Allow Actor Turn Skip will be implemented in Battle Core since in the YEP_BattleStatusWindow, it was made for tick-based battles like the CTB system though it worked perfectly in Default Turn Battle. It made things more convenient having to freely skip turns.
You can make a custom Skip skill and add it via the Battle Core's battle commands.

can i request a plugin parameter for your core script..

i can disable the console at start of game in the current parameter... but when some error happen... the console window will appear and focus shift to console window...
can i ask parameter to disable that feature if i choose to disable the console...

yes i know that giving the user info that there's error might be good... but can it made "optional". thx for your time.
If you deploy it, console errors don't appear. You user should not be seeing anything like that.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
If you deploy it, console errors don't appear. You user should not be seeing anything like that.
no... what i mean the User earlier = plugin user = Dev... the one making the game... not the one playing the game after it deployed.

and like i said before of course it's good to notify the dev for the error...
but at least make it 'optional' not 'forced'...

for example in default engine the error is also there in console... we only need to press F12 to open the console to see it... it's Optional... but your core plugin make it Forced...

so i think plugin parameter to enable/disable that would be nice... especially when the dev already choose to disable the console on boot on your core... thanks.

Last edited:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm not seeing any advantage of doing something like that. The moment the game errors, it freezes up. There's nothing else you can do at that point with the client. The client itself doesn't even give a concise explanation of what's wrong. The console error popup is to prompt the developer what's going on in more detail.

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, now here's to hoping that this crafting allows me to have multiple recipes for a single item.

D.L. Yomegami

Sanely Insane
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Asked this question a couple pages back; still wondering about it:
Does the Battle AI plugin support Action Times+? I know MV's didn't since Action Times+ was very buggy, and I'd like to know if the same's true for MZ.

Personally I'd like to see Skill Learning System and Equip Skills, but if those aren't high priority then no problem. The plugins I have been using have been pretty useful (the Debugger in particular has been really useful), so I'm sure whatever comes next will be just as good.

Weremole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I'm still in the process of deciding what I need for my project to avoid feature creep but I still want to say I really, really appreciate you guys hard work. The scene layout settings alone in the Core Engine adds a lot of customization even to vanilla scenes.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I'm not seeing any advantage of doing something like that. The moment the game errors, it freezes up. There's nothing else you can do at that point with the client. The client itself doesn't even give a concise explanation of what's wrong. The console error popup is to prompt the developer what's going on in more detail.
believe me or not... the advantage is always there... and since it's optional... we can still use the console anyway... thus we're not losing anything either with the 'option' we have...

to be clear let me tell you my case... in my case... i wrote a plugin which have ability to rescue images... (menu engine with heavily image based). so if when certain image is not made yet (example image for "Item command" still not yet made)... the plugin will use rescue image instead of crashing the game like you said... (finding the method to do that is quite hard because of how the image works in MV/MZ... but i already manage to do that in my plugin)...

but of course to do that... the image should goes to proper error channel first before the images get rescued and the game can continue... and i print console.log() to warn what file missing... and because of the VisuStellaCore the console windows keep popping up... what make thing worse... you set the console to auto focus to the console... thus each image rescued... i need to switch back to game window... to unfortunately get the console focus AGAIN (next image rescued)... switch to game window again... get the console focus AGAIN.. :D :D until all the missing image finish 'rescued'...

that's why ability to make it 'optional' will be really helpful... instead of 'forced'...
anyway adding that should not be huge problem either.... it will be only one plugin parameter with few conditional check... please :D...

if you're not willing... can you at least make to not auto focus on the console and still keep the focus on the game window... at least i can still proceed the game like usual that way... :D.

or if you're busy... can at least you tell me the name of the function you put the console popping code when error...(if possible with the name of the alias of the original function)... so i can code patch to remove it myself... thanks in advance... sorry if this request bothering your time...

Last edited:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Asked this question a couple pages back; still wondering about it:
Does the Battle AI plugin support Action Times+? I know MV's didn't since Action Times+ was very buggy, and I'd like to know if the same's true for MZ.

Personally I'd like to see Skill Learning System and Equip Skills, but if those aren't high priority then no problem. The plugins I have been using have been pretty useful (the Debugger in particular has been really useful), so I'm sure whatever comes next will be just as good.
Action Times are supported.

For those mentioned plugins, they'll come in due time. I'm basing the plugins that are released in the waves based on their popularity (source analytics). Those two are actually not all that widely used compared to most of the YEP library.

believe me or not... the advantage is always there... and since it's optional... we can still use the console anyway... thus we're not losing anything either with the 'option' we have...

to be clear let me tell you my case... in my case... i wrote a plugin which have ability to rescue images... (menu engine with heavily image based). so if when certain image is not made yet (example image for "Item command" still not yet made)... the plugin will use rescue image instead of crashing the game like you said... (finding the method to do that is quite hard because of how the image works in MV/MZ... but i already manage to do that in my plugin)...

but of course to do that... the image should goes to proper error channel first before the images get rescued and the game can continue... and i print console.log() to warn what file missing... and because of the VisuStellaCore the console windows keep popping up... what make thing worse... you set the console to auto focus to the console... thus each image rescued... i need to switch back to game window... to unfortunately get the console focus AGAIN (next image rescued)... switch to game window again... get the console focus AGAIN.. :D :D until all the missing image finish 'rescued'...

that's why ability to make it 'optional' will be really helpful... instead of 'forced'...
anyway adding that should not be huge problem either.... it will be only one plugin parameter with few conditional check... please :D...

if you're not willing... can you at least make to not auto focus on the console and still keep the focus on the game window... at least i can still proceed the game like usual that way... :D.

or if you're busy... can at least you tell me the name of the function you put the console popping code when error...(if possible with the name of the alias of the original function)... so i can code patch to remove it myself... thanks in advance... sorry if this request bothering your time...
Part of the reason why I have it as forced is because in the past, when I've received error reports during the YEP library, they were just screenshots of the unhelpful black screen with a one liner error.

When I made the error popup optional in YEP's version, people would turn it off, then still send me the screenshots of the unhelpful black screen with a one liner error. Why would they turn off that option? I have no idea other than they turned off the things they did not understand.

With it becoming a forced trigger this time around, users have only sent black screen error messages maybe once in a blue moon. It's pretty evident to me that making the console popup forced has increased the understanding of what needs to be sent to the plugin developer this time around.

So unfortunately, the console window popup is there to stay and not optional.

However, I won't give you no direction on how to remove it. Just overwrite the Graphics.printError function. Not alias/monkey patch it. Straight up overwrite it and place your plugin underneath the VisuStella Core Engine.

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
However, I won't give you no direction on how to remove it. Just overwrite the Graphics.printError function. Not alias/monkey patch it. Straight up overwrite it and place your plugin underneath the VisuStella Core Engine.
this information is enough... i can do the rest easily...
thanks for the info... and sorry for disturbing your time...

mmiller9280

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!

I've browsed these forums before, but this will be my first time posting. I've bought a lot of your plugins, they're awesome! Recently I bought the ATB Battle System plugin for RPG Maker MZ, and I was wondering if there was a way to visually show what skill the enemy is going to use (while it is charging in the orange bar). This could either be a small text box above its head with the skill name, or even an icon. If there is a way to do it, I'd appreciate any help. Ideally it'd help in strategizing whether to guard/interrupt.

Thanks!

Mirai Ko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I was wondering if State Counters are supported in any way. I was looking for a way to display specific information to the player. For instance how much damage a poison tick is going to do.

Mind you, this is coming from someone who got a lot of use out of State Triggers in MV, and thought that feature was missing in the VisuStella plugins for weeks, until I read the Battle Core thoroughly enough to see the functionality had been moved there.

So I'm not entirely sure I haven't just missed it somehow.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Beautiful Demo, however, I have some questions:
1) The damage is displayed with the comma "9.999", how can I remove it and have a damage "9999"?!?
2) I have set the damage style FF7. Everything is perfect and the same as its algorithm, congratulations, only now that there is that type of damage, the "Skill Limit" always cause "0" damage, regardless of the power of the skill and the defense of the enemy. What did it depend on?
3) The power of spells with algorithm at "300 + a.mat", cause 3000 points of damage even at level 1 with Magic at "5".

How to solve it all ???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 4)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Yet another custom skill animation, sometimes i waste too much time on details people will barely notice :kaocry:
Time flies by... already 1/6th of the calendar released :o
Realizing that 2020 is the only year since 2015 that I haven't made a RM game. Maybe I should do a tiny one to keep the streak?
grief... lol... I keep seeing request for MZ versions of MV plugins. this is why I haven't moved over and just MZ for my MV project.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xperiad