VisuStella Sample Project & MZ Core Plugins

Mister_Flats

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm thinking about using the Enhanced TP System instead of trying to raise MP via JS notetags when certain conditions are met. Is there a way to hide the MP gauge, though? I can't find it.
You can place the following notetag on the class you want to have a hidden MP gauge:

<Replace MP Gauge: none>

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you! :) I totally missed that.

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone. I'm using the Aggro Control System plugin, along with Battle AI, and I was wondering if there was a different way to have my enemies target others, despite the tank character having aggro? This enemy is a boss, and I want her to always stun the DPS character instead of the tank. I am using the Bypass Highest Aggro notetag on both the move and the Boss herself, but it doesn't appear to do anything.

I've tried giving the DPS a state for the fight only identifying her as the DPS, so the Boss should theoretically use the move on her since she is the only one with the state -

<All AI Conditions>
Target Has State DPS
</All AI Conditions>

This doesn't work, and the Boss attacks anyone she pleases. I then tried having the invisible state assigned to the DPS tagged as "Certain Taunt," and this did the trick. She attacks the DPS character every time.

Do I have to apply these states and use Taunting every time, or is there another way to force actions to target certain characters through the AI coding only?

darthmarth

Grail-Seeker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Anyone know how to make an effect occur when a state expires? I'm trying to create a state which gives a flat MP gain when it expires. The idea is to create an MP-generating attack which grants the user MP when it is used, though I'm trying to do this via a state so that multi-hit attacks won't grant multiple instances of MP gain.

CrocPirate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Anyone know how to make an effect occur when a state expires?
@darthmarth Use this notetag in your State notes:
Code:
<JS On Expire State>
 code
 code
</JS On Expire State>
Further information/help is in the notes of the SkillsAndStates Plugin.

As far as the actual code, I wouldn't know. Try using:
Code:
var amount = [whatever amount of MP you what the actor to gain];
user.Mpgain(amount);

rearda22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys, i want to ask about battle animation. When we use yanfly plugin in MV, we can simply write target.startAnimation(animation_id); in the script. But, in MZ apparently we can't do that. Anyone know how to make actor do animation via script like target.startAnimation(animation_id); ?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Since there's a lot of posts going on, I do want to make reminders of the following:

---

If you feel like something is a bug, send a bug report! For Reporting Bugs:

Take a look at the Troubleshooting page on the wiki, follow the steps listed and if it still doesn't work, please report your problem through the link in Step 2.8 with as much detail as possible. Please follow this as we might miss any bug reports in this topic.

This thread isn't meant to be a bug report drop off area.

---

If you have questions on how to use something or do something that isn't JavaScript-related, please check the documentation and wiki. If it's not there, then there's a high likelihood that it isn't possible with the plugin.

If they're JavaScript related, please visit the VisuStella notetag thread as there are lots of JavaScript questions asked and answered there.

---

Regarding feature suggestions/requests/etc., I have relayed them over to our plugin development team. If I don't respond to them directly, please don't take it like I've ignored it.

However, keep in mind that we're a small team and that we have to juggle the creation of new plugins for the upcoming waves, fixing bugs that are sent through the bug report function, documentation, and maintaining the code. New features are created if there's enough time provided to do so.

---

Thank you!

Platsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
if you do slippery_tiles in the future, you can then to build in quicksand?
that one slips or sinks on the region. that would be a good thing.
there was already a quicksand plugin from MrTS_Quicksand (MV) in this forum.

Qicksand.png

darthmarth

Grail-Seeker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@darthmarth Use this notetag in your State notes:
Code:
<JS On Expire State>
code
code
</JS On Expire State>
Further information/help is in the notes of the SkillsAndStates Plugin.

As far as the actual code, I wouldn't know. Try using:
Code:
var amount = [whatever amount of MP you what the actor to gain];
user.Mpgain(amount);
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can't get this to work. Thanks for the lead--I'll keep working on it!

EDIT: Still haven't gotten the JS to work, but I was able to get the effect I want by using Visustella's auto-trigger skills plugin and a custom action sequence skill which gives the MP effect. Just starting to realize how powerful custom action sequences are going to be in MZ.

Last edited:

Platsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Picture Common Events VisuStella MZ
can you also select the pictures without the mouse?

rearda22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Sir, how to use this notetag? i write that "code" but nothing happen.

<JS param Flat: code>

Thank in advance.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey Sir, how to use this notetag? i write that "code" but nothing happen.

<JS param Flat: code>

Thank in advance.
You need to tell it what param you're influencing as well. How exactly does your note tag look like>?

rearda22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to tell it what param you're influencing as well. How exactly does your note tag look like>?
My note tag is:

<JS ATK Flat: user.atk + 100>

rpgkylon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I need help on shrinking the box width of battle logs.

1604366138140.png

I want it to scale off the characters of the skills. So the box length will be as long as the skill name.

Any ideas on how?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
For questions regarding how to use the JS parameters, please refer the VisuStella notetag support thread.

---

I need help on shrinking the box width of battle logs.

View attachment 166372

I want it to scale off the characters of the skills. So the box length will be as long as the skill name.

Any ideas on how?
Unfortunately, that parameter is used to determine the initial sizing of the battle log window and only runs once. There aren't any features currently that autosize the battle log at the moment, but it's something we can definitely look into for future updates.

---

And with this, we're done with Wave 4!

We hope all of you found a few plugins you've liked to use for your games in this wave! The conversion team will be taking a two week break this time to rest up and catch up for the upcoming holiday season.
After that, it's time for Wave 5! In case you're wondering what's coming for Wave 5, here are the few plugins that have been planned!

- Battle System - STB
- Weapon Animation
- Database Inheritance
- Steal Items
- Encounter Effects

There's also a massive upgrade to one of these conversions from the YEP. Let's just say, you'll never see it coming!

Last edited:

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For questions regarding how to use the JS parameters, please refer the VisuStella notetag support thread.

---

Unfortunately, that parameter is used to determine the initial sizing of the battle log window and only runs once. There aren't any features currently that autosize the battle log at the moment, but it's something we can definitely look into for future updates.

---

And with this, we're done with Wave 4!

We hope all of you found a few plugins you've liked to use for your games in this wave! The conversion team will be taking a two week break this time to rest up and catch up for the upcoming holiday season.
After that, it's time for Wave 5! In case you're wondering what's coming for Wave 5, here are the few plugins that have been planned!

- Battle System - STB
- Weapon Animation
- Database Inheritance
- Steal Items
- Encounter Effects

There's also a massive upgrade to one of these conversions from the YEP. Let's just say, you'll never see it coming!
Yeah, each Wave has several plugins that are very usable in my projects, they have definitely added many dynamics to my projects.

Glad Steal Items is coming in, that was one of the ones I was waiting for the most along with Skill Learn System and Stat Allocation.

Mind explaining what Database Inheritance is? Doesn't sound like anything from YEP.

As far as the upgrade we won't see coming....going to take a wild guess and say that 'Steal Items' will allow you to "steal" monsters/enemies like a Pokemon thing.

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

- Encounter Effects
If that contains battler animations I am super excited, more than I've been for almost anything, ha!!

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you'll never see it coming!
Heh, as I see it this is a pun. Hence my bet is that the conversion in question is the Event Chase Stealth!

Edit: I just reread this. You said "these" conversions, so it must be in wave 5. oops >.>

Last edited:

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
That's gotta be a Persona 5 reference, right??

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
(Moved to noted support thread)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Once again working on a game I'm not sure I'm going to sell or even publish
That feel when you're awake past midnight and suddenly you're one year older :ninja:
I miss collaborations, but I don't know how to find someone to make face parts just to share them with others, and even though I don't like writing or music, I can't trust anyone with writing on my game because it has themes that are easy to mess up, and music needs a clear tone and scenes.
People donating to me for my upcoming birthday so I can pay my team a little. Such angels, I'm so happy. T uT I smile so much my face hurts. Good souls in this world.
Playing Ragnarok Online again is very nostalgic. The last time I played it was 20 years ago, when I was ten-twelve old.
My first mmorpg.^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dashstop