Vargulf

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been running into an error when importing battlers from Mv to Mz i'm unsure if this is due to sizing errors or actual errors with the battlecore
1604936257447.png

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've been running into an error when importing battlers from Mv to Mz i'm unsure if this is due to sizing errors or actual errors with the battlecore
View attachment 167221

I've had that error code before but I can't remember what fixed it exactly but it has to be something else than moving battlers over because all the graphics for MV work with MZ and it's not likely a problem with the BattleCore itself.

Here's a few things that usually help if I have an error...

1. Start a new game when doing a playtest. I've noticed often times if there are significant changes made that trying to load an old save game will crash the gamebut when starting a new game it doesn't.
2. Turn off the potential offending plugin(s) and see if the error persists. If the error still persists then you know it's likely not the plugin and something else, if the error goes away then you'll know it was that plugin and you can troubleshoot further and try to understand why it's doing that.
3. Make absolutely sure that the names of everything are correct and match to whatever is in the database. If you are porting stuff over and the names don't match or they are not "refreshed" then you will likely get errors.
4. Make sure you are using the latest plugins in the VisuStella library. If you are not then errors are bound to happen sooner or later.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
If you feel like something is a bug, send a bug report! For Reporting Bugs:

Take a look at the Troubleshooting page on the wiki, follow the steps listed and if it still doesn't work, please report your problem through the link in Step 2.8 with as much detail as possible. Please follow this as we might miss any bug reports in this topic.

This thread isn't meant to be a bug report drop off area. Thank you!

---

The plugins for Wave 5 are now available if you have the [Access Key] All Waves Bundle Collection. The plugin pages and the Wave 5 page themselves will become available at a later date as we finish creating the plugin pages for them on itch.io. Please be patient as we create them. We are going to be slightly slow as the plugin development team is on break until November 23rd.

Once again, you can acquire Wave 5 early from the [Access Key] All Waves Bundle Collection.

Here's a list of the plugins added with Wave 5:
  1. Battle System - STB
  2. Weapon Animation
  3. Weakness Popups
  4. Skill Learn System
  5. Action Sequence Impact
  6. Database Inheritance
  7. Horror Effects
  8. Steal Items
  9. Encounter Effects
You can find the documentation for them on the Yanfly.moe wiki.

Thank you for your support!

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wave 5 is looking to be quite nice.

Still eagerly awaiting some form of Instance Items and accompanying plugins.
I will immediately purchase the $100 package once we receive a promise of a commitment from VS to bring this to MZ.

Galahad

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice work on Wave 5! Playing with the plugins now through Early Access.

Will the Full Exploit (i.e. all out attack) function of the STB be made available for the CTB? I'm a big fan of using the CTB... and I would love to be able to use that exploit feature... (will stick with CTB for now).

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very excited for some of these Wave 5 plugins!

I'm playing with the STB right now. Suggestion: When the Action Sequence Command "BTLOG: UI Show/Hide" is used, can it also hide the Turn Count UI? Or create a new command to just hide it? All the other UI disappears so it seems to stick out.

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Yanfly i was wondering, if it would be possible to implant the AP and SP to SkillsStatecore so that it default, as it may be awesome for javascript ppl who understand, i don't see the way to make it work with AP or SP so that AP become a cost to use <AP Cost: x> or <SP Cost: x>Ty...

Nice addon!

so as i was i finally got some thing to work but, as for ap cost it still show as undefined, so i guess im aint that wrong just dont know yet where,

but if there was a script call or a plugin command would it be possible to have a check on ap so that at least if i use a conditionnal branch i could check if player has minimum ap to buy skill...

something like if $player().AP>=x; LearnSkill() else $gameMessage.add( you run out of AP);

could somebody correct this formula

so i found a turn around where i copy the potion cost and just rename everything to make a somewhat ap counter...in an item so that ap is equal to ap from the plugin command, so if plugin command gain ap i get 1 item named ap , and if i lose a item named ap then i use plugin command lose ap and it does the job...

Last edited:

NovaDescent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi all,

I'm new to RPG Maker/Javascript and I'm using the Aggro Control System plugin but I'm running into a problem. I'm trying to make a "Shirk" skill to pass aggro to an ally and have another action during that turn, or another turn right after. Right now I'm just using general notetags like:

<User Aggro: -200>
<Target Aggro: +200>
<CTB After Speed: 100%>
<Cooldown: 1>

Draining the user aggro by 200 is what I want even if they don't have 200 aggro on them. But the problem is in the second line because it will always have the target gain 200 aggro. What I'm trying to accomplish is something like - take at most 200 aggro from user, and transfer specified amount to target. So even if the user only had 50 aggro, the target would get 50 aggro. Is there a way to store the amount of aggro an ally has into a variable so that I can try to get this to work? I couldn't find anything on the wiki page about how to find the actual numeric value for current aggro. Or even if this could be translated as a percentage and the skill would take 50% aggro and transfer it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Nemojbatkastle

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I may have bought all the waves just to have the Weapon Animation plugin and I will never, ever, ever feel like it was the wrong choice. The discount may have helped.

Thank you all for for these wonderful plugins and I can't wait to see what else is coming!

NovaDescent

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
With the Visual State Effects plugin, is there any way to hide the icon over the actor's head but have it still displayed in the actor's status window? The plugin has a general setting to show all overhead state icons but not to turn off individual ones.

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Suggestion: For Battle System - STB, can there be the ability to allow you add State Notetags where if a player/enemy is affected by that state, their STB Turn Order Card can:
1) Become a "Hidden" option (different colored background/boarder and a specific icon/"?" mark)
2) Not appear at all, such as for a battler that can't attack.

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wave 5 is awesome.
Question: Will the STEAL plugin have functionality that applies to the EXTRA DROPS plugin?
Right now, STEAL only appears to steal from the DB entries for drops and not from extra drops.

Is this is a bug and I should report it?
Or are they not integrated?

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Speaking of the Steal plugin....can there be a way to get the Steal message at the top to last longer or a future setting to set the delay? It goes ridiculously fast and most of the time don't have enough time to know what item was stolen or how much gold was received.

TheRastaGeek

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMXP
With the battlecore I can see HPgauge but I can't see the amount of HP, it's normal
or there is a way to make it appear ?

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I thought Snatch was meant to make you select an item to steal?
It doesn't bring up that option.

Also
I have been having a rough time trying to describe this one as a bug or mechanical issue because it doesn't cause errors it just functions strangely with a specific trait with the ATB plugin.

Upon interrupting enemies with Action + while using the ATB Battle plugin. Their meter will fill up but they won't do any kind of action, the only way to essentially force them to do one is to stun them and reset their ATB gauge.
I figured to work around it and give the enemies that I wanted to have two actions gain a portion of their ATB back upon using an action instead.

Anthony Xue

Ancient Architect
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Hi, I'm not sure if this has already been mentioned - are you considering an MZ version of the Row Formation plugin?

This would add considerable strategic depth to combat. Not sure how difficult it is to implement. Thanks!

Elgigante94

PROJECT 1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Visustella team,

I just checked in the 5 actual waves but i can't find an option (It would be more in Core) to stop tileset animations (like water) or block some elements to reduce FPS on mobiles.
I'm really mobile-device oriented and for a normal size map, with the 5 waves plugins installed without parrallel events i can down until 28 FPS

Do you plan any script option or optimizations for this? I know a lot of makers chose RMMZ instead of other versions for there iOS/ Android support.

Un abrazo !
Sebastián

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
With the battlecore I can see HPgauge but I can't see the amount of HP, it's normal
or there is a way to make it appear ?

For enemies or for players? If it's for enemies that feature hasn't been added yet. If for characters then could be a resolution issue.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!
My valentine cutscene is now available on itch.io and you can get the "source code" as well, feel free to check it out!

The game page on itch can be found at:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
feedtalefour