VisuStella Sample Project & MZ Core Plugins

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
View attachment 169123

Hello. The more I use this plugin, more amazed I became. This really give me tons of possibilities for my game, but I have a small problem. How do I make these number in bonus damage change? I did weapons with elemental attacks and states to add elemental attacks to the normal attack but the numbers in stats menu doesn't change. It stays 0% don't matter what I do. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Can somene help me?

That can be found here.

---

The usual weekend updates are now made.

We are on update batch #15.

You can find the full changelog here and here.

For instructions on how to update the plugins, please follow the steps found here.

Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just wanted to point out the Weapon Unleash plugin has the majority of its text cut off on the wiki.

With that said, I'm not sure if this is the place for a suggestive addition to the plugin.
A skill unleash setting. Allowing skills to unleash stronger skills at a chance. Maybe my Fire spell has a 10% chance to become a Wildfire spell that hits all targets instead of one.

Thanks for everyone's hardwork on the VisuStella team!

Last edited:

wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For that newest update to the Core Engine for the Name Entry, can we get an option to always show the TAB button assist when viewing the manual view, instead of showing the <-/-> Keyboard assist? It would be nice to be consistent across both screens since Tab can be used in both.

Also, can we get a setting that allows you to pick which input method appears by default? For instance, if you use a game controller, the default input looks to be manual, so there is no way for the user to enter anything. If I could set the default to me keyboard on screen, that would be fixed.

Last edited:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Just wanted to point out the Weapon Unleash plugin has the majority of its text cut off on the wiki.

With that said, I'm not sure if this is the place for a suggestive addition to the plugin.
A skill unleash setting. Allowing skills to unleash stronger skills at a chance. Maybe my Fire spell has a 10% chance to become a Wildfire spell that hits all targets instead of one.

Thanks for everyone's hardwork on the VisuStella team!

This is actually best done with Custom Action Sequences for the best results as you can control how they go about with more accuracy and customization.

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any chance we'll be getting a plugin soon that has breathing and floating animations for our static battlers? That would be incredible =3

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there any chance we'll be getting a plugin soon that has breathing and floating animations for our static battlers? That would be incredible =3
YES that would be wonderful.

Sophitia

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Having a funky issue with Victory Aftermath. When using a controller, pressing the button to advance will cause it to just fly through multiple windows, especially on the level up screen. It's not a sticky button issue as both buttons will cause this.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Is there anyway to fix this?

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Having a funky issue with Victory Aftermath. When using a controller, pressing the button to advance will cause it to just fly through multiple windows, especially on the level up screen. It's not a sticky button issue as both buttons will cause this.

Yeah, had this problem also with controller. If you just barely tap the button it will go at normal speed but if you press down on the button the normal way then it blows right through. I personally haven't found a fix but just a workaround in barely tapping the button or just playing with mouse or keyboard. Personally I don't think it's a big deal but you could submit a bug report for it if you want going through the proper channels.

wrigty12

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

As someone who is planning to explicitly support a Game Controller with my game, I'd like to see this fixed (I haven't run into it myself yet as I haven't fleshed out my battle system). If you would submit a bug report that would be great!

MHood82

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure it's a bug, I imagine I'm just missing something, but I can't seem to figure out how to untrack
a quest after they are complete. Is it a plug-in command or tag that is eluding me? Of the two side quests and one main I've made so far, one side quest automatically untracked itself after being finished (but not the others), but it's no longer doing that and I don't see how I did anything that could affect that. Please help. :)

Last edited:

wrigty12

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think I saw this asked once before but I didn't see a response: will the ability to edit how Accuracy works be added to the Battle Core (or be a separate plugin)? I'd really like to set Magical attacks to also use the users Hit Rate.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I saw this asked once before but I didn't see a response: will the ability to edit how Accuracy works be added to the Battle Core (or be a separate plugin)? I'd really like to set Magical attacks to also use the users Hit Rate.

You have limited control currently in the Core Engine under Quality of Life Settings but beyond that I don't think anything is available at this time. There might be some workaround with the damage formulas for what you are looking for. You may even be able to make a custom parameter in the Core Engine as well under that section to manipulate it do what you want.

Riku_Masamune

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I tried searching around for a solution, but... in VisuMZ Items Equip Core, I was under the impression (from reading the notes), I know in the Yep Items Equip Core version, I was able to make it so only one character was able to equip an item and it was locked for everybody else. But, somehow can't seem to find out how to make it so that, that effect happens in the VisuMZ Items Equip Core version. I could be mistaken on the plugins though... Any help would be most appreciated!

Last edited:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Not sure it's a bug, I imagine I'm just missing something, but I can't seem to figure out how to untrack
a quest after they are complete. Is it a plug-in command or tag that is eluding me? Of the two side quests and one main I've made so far, one side quest automatically untracked itself after being finished (but not the others), but it's no longer doing that and I don't see how I did anything that could affect that. Please help. :)

For bug reports, please follow these instructions here.

---

Currently, there are no plans for breathing animations since they currently cause the sprites to tear and until we fix that problem, we won't be implementing them.

For floating.

---

As for other feature request implementations, please keep in mind that we're reading the requests. However, we are a small staff so it will always take time for us to add them in as we are still focused on the conversion of plugins over from MV to MZ. Thank you for your understanding.

---

Also!

Just wanted to let you know that we're changing the update batch day from Sunday to Friday. The reason behind this change is because the staff members thought that it'd be better if users can enjoy the fixes and changes to the plugins over the weekend instead of the last day of the weekend!

We are on update batch #16.

You can find the full changelog here and here.

For instructions on how to update the plugins, please follow the steps found here.

---

Thank you all for your support!

TrentL111

Archmage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly Thank you for answering my question, mate. I understand. Hopefully the tearing issue can be fixed soon.

Volourn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Love the Yanfly (RMMV) and the Visustella (MZ0 stuff. They're not perfect, but a heck of a lot better than what I'd be able to accomplish. I don't know if I ever will finish a game 9I keep adding stuff even when I shouldn't).

Anyways, I do have some suggestions.

1. Are we going to see a plugin like MV where players can get stat points each level to boost strength and other stats? We have the skill/ability points so they can choose their skills, but I love giving players more options on how to build their characters.

2. One button clicks. I tried using this to give the player a 'jump ability' without scripts/events but unless I am missing something, this leads to chaos for me as the player will jump through/over actually events (like enemies).right off the screen, or even into areas they normally cna't go like water.

3. In the talent tree plugin where the player can choose what skills to pick, is there an easy way to remove already chosen skills from the learning list? It seems to be crowded, and being able to remove them would be nice.

4.In message core, we get the option to increase choice options above 6, yet I still only see 6 when filling them out. What am I missing?

I have more things to bring up, but that's it for now. Overall, good work on the plugins.

Last edited:

Zaha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are there any plans to make faction/relationship plugins, as well as plugins that enable survival game features (i.e hunger, thirst, etc.). Or, would any of the existing plugins be useful for this?

Jrrkein

Insert Witty Title Here
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nevermind, I realize I use old project

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I find great satisfaction in smiting spambots. I'm not really sure why.
I finally added my newly updated demo back to the website! It only took like 4 weeks of work...
Where is the "world-weary sigh" comment response when you need it? I need that one more than anything, but the closest we have is "wow" or "angry".
My apologies if it's out-of-place for my goyim-lookin' ass to be the one to say it, but the mythology of "Golems" is that they were created by Rabbis to protect Jewish villages from Anti-semetic attacks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
merlinjoe