wrigty12

Just a QAer playing with Javascript
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just want to add a post showing my appreciation to you Yanfly and the entire Visustella Team. You are all very quick to respond to bugs, emails, etc. and the quality of everything you all are doing is superb.

You are all greatly appreciated, and happy holidays! :)

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The one time I wish I could edit the code in my obfuscated plugins:

I want to update the Item Crafting System.

While I love it in every way, there is one thing driving me nutty:
I am forced to use ICONS for the crafted items during the crafting animation.
This makes for some rather very blurry images.

I was wondering if there was a way to implement (through maybe the Parameters to use ICONS or PICTURES. Allowing the plugin to use a folder, with pictures named as the ICON Number or Name. Could get fancy with that part. This way when it is called, it can show a nice, clean, larger picture or the icon if the user so wished it or left that blank.

The second update I am seeking is the Extra Enemy Drops:

While it works like a charm in its current version, I would like to edit it to do the following:
Use a loot pool or multiple choices in one section.

Currently, I must put one line per item:

<Item Drop 'id': x%> :: Works great for a small pool of items, but mix that with a crafting system that needs loot drops (say like mine over 200 items) and you get yourself one set of arthritis causing repeats.

I wanted to change it to allow something like:

<Item Drop 'id1 - id2': x%> :: So say, the items are 1 - 10 or 25-50. it gives each of those the same % chance to drop. This way I could stack them:

<Item Drop '1 - 10': 5%>
<Item Drop '25 - 50': 2.5%> :: This critter would have a 5% chance to drop something from the first pool and a 2.5% chance in the second, and so forth...

I guess I just wanted to put in some quality of life updates in there.

IF anyone in the group checks this out, let me know.... I love you guys! (at least making my life easier in this hectic time of development)

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
It's a little early, buuuuuut...

We are on update batch #19! Happy Holidays everybody!

You can find the full changelog here and here. There's a lot of new features added this time around! So be sure to read up on them!

For instructions on how to update the plugins, please follow the steps found here.

---

Also, we have suggestion boxes open now! If you have any suggestions for the graphical assets team or the plugin team, be sure to send them to their respective suggestion boxes!

Suggestion Box (Graphics)

Suggestion Box (Plugins)

---

Have a happy and safe holiday weekend, everybody!

imnoto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm trying to do something and I can't seem to do it. I have purchased the wave pack so have all the plugins if needed.
Is what I'm trying to do even possible?
I want my enemies to have custom attack sprite animations.
Example. I have a enemy that has sprite frames for rolling into a ball, walking and attacking. I can replace any of the build in sprite animations with these.

This is what I want to do when the enemy attacks.

Use the rolling into a ball animation then roll across the screen to the player move to the attacking frames do attack then roll back up and back to his start position then back into idle frames.
Maybe I'm trying to reach outside what the plugin can do?
I just need to know either way before I keep going down this path.

Thanks

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's a little early, buuuuuut...

We are on update batch #19! Happy Holidays everybody!

You can find the full changelog here and here. There's a lot of new features added this time around! So be sure to read up on them!

For instructions on how to update the plugins, please follow the steps found here.

---

Also, we have suggestion boxes open now! If you have any suggestions for the graphical assets team or the plugin team, be sure to send them to their respective suggestion boxes!

Suggestion Box (Plugins)

---

Have a happy and safe holiday weekend, everybody!

Oh, thank you for incorporating my idea of using pictures: these are 1000 times better looking.
It truly was a good Christmas Present.

Thank You All!
For your hard work, dedication, and commitment.

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Am I Dumb, I might be dumb.

I'm trying to move the side view Actor sprites back a bit(So to the right).

To do this I'm going into
-Battlecore
-Actor Battler Setting
-Offset X

But no value seems to work out. That and even If I did move the sprites back, the shadow would still be at it's locked position.

Ideas? Maybe just use <Tags> in the actor page instead?

imnoto

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Using notetags for actor works for me here is mine.
Code:
<Sideview Home Offset: +1, +100>

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for your reply, Yanfly!

I was wondering if there was any possibility of adjusting individual actor positions in battle with the BattleCore plugin. I'm seeing that there is a conflict with SVActorPositionMZ (the official plugin for this purpose) and BattleCore, where every time I attack or use an ability the game will freeze displaying this:

rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Cannot read property 'bitmap' of undefined
at Sprite_Weapon.setPosition (SVActorPositionMZ.js:353)
at Sprite_Weapon.setup (SVActorPositionMZ.js:348)
at Sprite_Actor.<computed>.<computed> [as forceWeaponAnimation] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.<computed>.<computed> [as startWeaponAnimation] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.<computed>.<computed> [as performWeaponAnimation] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.<computed>.<computed> [as requestMotion] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.performAttack (rmmz_objects.js:4642)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.<computed>.<computed> [as performActionMotions] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.<computed>.<computed> [as performAction] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Window_BattleLog.performAction (rmmz_windows.js:5490)

This could be a simple fix on my part, but I've noticed others on the forum posting threads about it. I have a lot of paid VS plugins on my project, so I'd rather keep BattleCore. :D

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Using notetags for actor works for me here is mine.
Code:
<Sideview Home Offset: +1, +100>

I swear I'm dumb but I don't know how. I had the same thing I thought, and now it works.

Now to try and move shadows.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
We are on update batch #20!

---

Suggestion Box (Plugins)

---

Thanks for your reply, Yanfly!

I was wondering if there was any possibility of adjusting individual actor positions in battle with the BattleCore plugin. I'm seeing that there is a conflict with SVActorPositionMZ (the official plugin for this purpose) and BattleCore, where every time I attack or use an ability the game will freeze displaying this:

rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Cannot read property 'bitmap' of undefined
at Sprite_Weapon.setPosition (SVActorPositionMZ.js:353)
at Sprite_Weapon.setup (SVActorPositionMZ.js:348)
at Sprite_Actor.<computed>.<computed> [as forceWeaponAnimation] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.<computed>.<computed> [as startWeaponAnimation] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.<computed>.<computed> [as performWeaponAnimation] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.<computed>.<computed> [as requestMotion] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.performAttack (rmmz_objects.js:4642)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.<computed>.<computed> [as performActionMotions] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Game_Actor.<computed>.<computed> [as performAction] (VisuMZ_1_BattleCore.js:14060)
at Window_BattleLog.performAction (rmmz_windows.js:5490)

This could be a simple fix on my part, but I've noticed others on the forum posting threads about it. I have a lot of paid VS plugins on my project, so I'd rather keep BattleCore. :D

Battle Core already contains that functionality. There's ways to adjust the home positions individually and as a whole.

Also, I want to put this out there. As per the Terms of Use, VisuStella is not responsible for incompatibility problems with plugins outside of the VisuStella MZ library. Even if they are included with the default RPG Maker MZ software. This because the software-included plugins can change a lot of the code that just simply does not work with the VisuStella MZ library. This is doubly true if there are already existing alternatives inside the VisuStella MZ plugin library itself. We strongly advise you to use the VisuStella MZ versions of the features instead.

Luth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello and best wishes to all for the new year !

I have a dumb question : I can't manage to change the Gold icon in the menu. I assumed it should be in MainMenuCore but I can't find that option ! While it's possible to change the Time icon...

Anyone knows :) ?

Thanks a lot !

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's in CoreEngine > Gold Settings. :)

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to call the Debugger menu via a Plugin command or such? I think that it would be useful to give access to it for any playtesters, so I'd make button common event to call for it when needed.

Last edited:

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I might be dumb again.

When playing around in the sample project, the NPCs seem capable of talking over counters and objects. However I can't seem to mimic this effect, instead having to put a "Talk" event in front of the NPC.

Even copying say, the Innkeeper over to another map seems to not work. Perhaps MessageCore needs to know the name of the tileset to allow this effect or something else?

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I might be dumb again.

When playing around in the sample project, the NPCs seem capable of talking over counters and objects. However I can't seem to mimic this effect, instead having to put a "Talk" event in front of the NPC.

Even copying say, the Innkeeper over to another map seems to not work. Perhaps MessageCore needs to know the name of the tileset to allow this effect or something else?
In the Database, go to Tilesets, then click the "Counter" button. Any tile that has a diamond on it lets you talk to an NPC over that tile, no extra events needed.

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In the Database, go to Tilesets, then click the "Counter" button. Any tile that has a diamond on it lets you talk to an NPC over that tile, no extra events needed.

I am a really dumb. I hadn't noticed that.

MHood82

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Has anyone used the new projectile plugin? I can't figure out where I'm supposed to put the plugin command for it to work properly.

I tried it as a common event that was called in the Effects window for a skill I wanted to work as a projectile but that didn't do anything.

The help text doesn't seem to address this either and there isn't a video on the wiki yet for it.

Thanks!

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a question about the Events/Movement Core's Self Switch plugin. It says that in the Event ID argument I can run JS code. That made me wonder: is there a way to toggle multiple events' Self Switch A's with just one Plugin Cmd? If so, that would really declutter my events. I tried doing this by typing $gameMap.event(1, 2, 3, etc); but it didn't work. I realized that was because it doesn't return the actual Event ID(s), which is needed for the Plugin Cmd to work (plus, I don't even know if that call can take multiple arguments. So, on a whim I tried typing in just "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8". (There are 8 events on my test map, No. 8 being the ID of the event that calls this Plugin Cmd.) It only did the Self Switch for Event 8. That tells me it only takes the last number in the set. So now I'm at a bit of a loss. Is what I'm trying to do even possible? Is there a script call that returns event IDs? If not, please let me know and I'll put it in the suggestion box at Yanfly's site.

Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello, I was wondering is there anyway I can change the color/window for the status window on the following images? I've changed every window plugin parameter I could find but still can't change the "status window?" on some of these pages. The "status window?" being the window that's light blue-ish in the following pages:
Status Menu
fnD3e2l.png
Skill Menu
SKwZUGe.png
Item Menu
mLCbi0s.png

To clarify, I don't want to delete these windows, only change the window displayed (dim, transparent, etc.)
I want to keep the Window.png color image i'm using for text boxes, just not in these menus.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been getting into YuGiOh again!
Gameboy Tiles, Cure Writer's Block, Animations on Menu, Generate Tasks | RPG Maker News #40

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?
Learn MV sales goal = 2%
NSFW game sales goal = 2500% (no jokes) :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tvx9