Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Has anyone used the new projectile plugin? I can't figure out where I'm supposed to put the plugin command for it to work properly.

I tried it as a common event that was called in the Effects window for a skill I wanted to work as a projectile but that didn't do anything.

The help text doesn't seem to address this either and there isn't a video on the wiki yet for it.

Thanks!

Those are Action Sequence plugin commands. You can read up on them here: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Battle_Core_VisuStella_MZ#Plugin_Commands

Hello, I was wondering is there anyway I can change the color/window for the status window on the following images? I've changed every window plugin parameter I could find but still can't change the "status window?" on some of these pages. The "status window?" being the window that's light blue-ish in the following pages:
Status Menu
fnD3e2l.png
Skill Menu
SKwZUGe.png
Item Menu
mLCbi0s.png

To clarify, I don't want to delete these windows, only change the window displayed (dim, transparent, etc.)
I want to keep the Window.png color image i'm using for text boxes, just not in these menus.
Thanks!

That window is the Window_ShopStatus window. I do believe there's no option for changing the background of that yet. We'll have this added for a future update.

---

We are on update batch #21!

You can find the full changelog here and here. There's a lot of new features added this time around! So be sure to read up on them!

For instructions on how to update the plugins, please follow the steps found here.

---

Also, we have suggestion boxes open now! If you have any suggestions for the graphical assets team or the plugin team, be sure to send them to their respective suggestion boxes!

Suggestion Box (Graphics)

Suggestion Box (Plugins)

---

Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks a lot Yanfly! I appreciate the hard work you and your team does!

poorrabbit

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
New update this week, broke Proximity Compass. Broke it last week too, but I was too busy to work on it, so I waited. Here's the output from the console:

Code:
js/rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Cannot read property 'note' of null
    at Game_Event.<computed> [as setupProximityCompassNotetags] (js/plugins/VisuMZ_4_ProximityCompass.js:584)
    at Game_Event.<computed>.setupProximityCompassEffects (js/plugins/VisuMZ_4_ProximityCompass.js:584)
    at Game_Event.refresh (js/plugins/VisuMZ_4_ProximityCompass.js:584)
    at Game_Map.<computed>.<computed> [as isSpawnHitboxCollisionOk] (js/plugins/VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore.js:6254)
    at Game_Map.<computed> [as prepareSpawnedEventAtRegion] (js/plugins/VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore.js:6254)
    at Game_Interpreter.<anonymous> (js/plugins/VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore.js:6254)
    at Function.PluginManager.callCommand (js/rmmz_managers.js:3105)
    at Game_Interpreter.command357 (js/rmmz_objects.js:11274)
    at Game_Interpreter.<computed> (js/plugins/VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine.js:6363)
    at Game_Interpreter.<computed>.<computed> (js/plugins/VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore.js:6254)

If I turn off proximity compass, the problem goes away. I was going to submit a proper bug report, but I am using so many different Visustella plugins, that recreating the issue in a blank project could take a significant amount of work. I'll try to do that when I have a chance.

Here are my thoughts on the matter:
I have lots of different kinds of events.
Some use COMMENT tags to specify compass icons and range.
Most do not.
Some Events are created by Events Move Core when the map loads.
My suspicion is that it has to do with events created by events move core.
If I startup on a map where events ARE created, I get the error above.
If I startup on a map where events ARE NOT created, I do not get the error and things seem to work as they should.
It looks like spawned events are not being handle properly in the notetag parsing code. Just a guess.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
New update this week, broke Proximity Compass. Broke it last week too, but I was too busy to work on it, so I waited. Here's the output from the console:

Code:
js/rmmz_managers.js:2030 TypeError: Cannot read property 'note' of null
    at Game_Event.<computed> [as setupProximityCompassNotetags] (js/plugins/VisuMZ_4_ProximityCompass.js:584)
    at Game_Event.<computed>.setupProximityCompassEffects (js/plugins/VisuMZ_4_ProximityCompass.js:584)
    at Game_Event.refresh (js/plugins/VisuMZ_4_ProximityCompass.js:584)
    at Game_Map.<computed>.<computed> [as isSpawnHitboxCollisionOk] (js/plugins/VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore.js:6254)
    at Game_Map.<computed> [as prepareSpawnedEventAtRegion] (js/plugins/VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore.js:6254)
    at Game_Interpreter.<anonymous> (js/plugins/VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore.js:6254)
    at Function.PluginManager.callCommand (js/rmmz_managers.js:3105)
    at Game_Interpreter.command357 (js/rmmz_objects.js:11274)
    at Game_Interpreter.<computed> (js/plugins/VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine.js:6363)
    at Game_Interpreter.<computed>.<computed> (js/plugins/VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore.js:6254)

If I turn off proximity compass, the problem goes away. I was going to submit a proper bug report, but I am using so many different Visustella plugins, that recreating the issue in a blank project could take a significant amount of work. I'll try to do that when I have a chance.

Here are my thoughts on the matter:
I have lots of different kinds of events.
Some use COMMENT tags to specify compass icons and range.
Most do not.
Some Events are created by Events Move Core when the map loads.
My suspicion is that it has to do with events created by events move core.
If I startup on a map where events ARE created, I get the error above.
If I startup on a map where events ARE NOT created, I do not get the error and things seem to work as they should.
It looks like spawned events are not being handle properly in the notetag parsing code. Just a guess.

Please follow the instructions here to file a bug report: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Troubleshooting_Plugins_RPG_Maker_MZ
This way, we can get it fixed.

I understand you said it's going to require significant work to recreate, but this is to ensure that we are fixing the exact problem you're having.

Thank you.

In the meantime, I'll create a temporary fail safe for it.

Last edited:

MerlinCross

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm unsure as to how to implement Passives skills through item usage or level ups rather than just the static "Have it at the start of the game". I'm assuming it would need to be done with JS code, but unsure how to actually word it correctly or even how to do so other than something like

if actorlevel = X, show;
or something along those lines.

Novam4a1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
EDIT: I did find in VisuStella Skills and States Core plugin that I can create a custom skill cost type, now I just need to figure out how to tie those to the 2 different TP modes in VisuStella Enhanced TP plugin.

Hello,
I am wondering if there is a way to change the units text and color that shows up on the skill menu with VisuStella Enhanced TP? Ex. One of my TP modes is Fury (bar colored red), another one of my TP modes is Power (bar colored turquoise) but this doesn't translate to the skill cost text or color (still displays the text "TP" and is taking the text color from VisuStella Core Engine).
TLDR: I want to change the picture below where it says 10 TP (change the color and text for Multiple different modes, not just TP in general) I'm basically using TP as a way to make classes play differently with their resources.
ZGh0RPZ.png
Thanks!

Last edited:

YukitoTrevisan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Yanfly it would be beautiful if the items had thumbnail images as in the MV plugin. <3

dyoghenes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Using the ItemEquipCore's <Disable Switch: x> notetag, the item still shows up when using the Select Item command. Should this be the case?

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a plugin that plays voice clips when the character attacks. It doesn't work for action sequences. Is this the right place to ask for help?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a plugin that plays voice clips when the character attacks. It doesn't work for action sequences. Is this the right place to ask for help?
I've been dealing with someone who was using a similar plugin who told me it doesn't work correctly when they use the auto-melee sequences, or the ACSET commands, but it does work if they manually make an action sequence. Have you tried that?

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mr. Detective I don't use the plugin (or similar) myself, so I only know what that other guy told me.

He was having issues with action sequences and one of my plugins, and the issue stems from the fact that he is using <custom action sequence> and making his own sequence via the plugin commands, rather than use the 'auto melee' sequence (from the plugin parameters) or any of the built in ACSET plugin commands. He told me the reason he's using a custom sequence instead of those default ones is because his voice clips don't play unless he does that.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well, in that case, I don't know how he managed to do action sequences without those ACSET commands. Not that I even understand what he's talking about with the "auto-melee" thing. Hope someone can explain or reply if they can help me.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The auto melee single target and auto melee multi target plugin parameters make it so that, unless you tag it with <custom action sequence> certain skills, like your attack command, that meet the definition of a melee attack, automatically use a default sequence, which basically amounts to using all of the ACSET plugin command in order, with something in between setup and target commands to move the attacker to the target before attacking.

The ACSET commands themselves are just convenient blocks of the most commonly used sequence commands. If you are using a custom sequence that consist only of ACSET commands, you're basically using a default sequence.

A custom sequence uses the other (like 200) plugin commands. It allows finer control over how the sequence looks and works, and gives you the ability to inject plugin commands, or script calls in the middle of the sequence steps, like, say, to call a battle voice via a script call.

For example, the ACSET: Setup action could be replaced with the individual commands it contains, and you could put stuff in between those lines, or remove them. Don't like that the actor does his cast animation before using the skill? Delete that line from the sequence.

The user I'm talking about had to use a custom sequence without the ACSET commands to get his voices to work. I don't know why it doesn't work with the ACSET ones, I'm not sure if maybe he just had to inject some sort of call in between lines to have them come in a specific time, but like I said, all he told me we that he wasn't using the ACSET commands.

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
What the hell is it with this Message Core plugin? It has completely broken my spirit!

First, I thought the sample project was about teaching you how plugins work! Now I am wandering around looking for that one character that finally teaches me how to offset my message box! Because I cannot do it! I am trying commands like
\WindowMoveBy<targetx5, targety5>
\WindowMoveTo<targetx200>
\WindowMoveTotarget<x200>
\WindowMoveTotargetx<200>

and nothing, NOTHING is working. These commands all seem to swallow the message boxes. I...I am begging for help, I am sure it is well documented and I am just too stupid to read it correctly, but for the love of god, please help me.

In RPG Maker MV the message code was simple:
\msgposx[1197]\msgposy[390]

Simple, easy to understand with proper explanation. And by that I mean even easy to understand for my tiny brain!

And the other problem is that I have unchecked wordwrap and all that has to do with it but still the program keeps reading the messages away without waiting for a mouse click. How do I turn that off? I want it to function how it has always been. See message - click (or Enter) - See next message.

help, please have mercy and help me. I have been porting my game for the last 3 days and everything is running ok except these Visustella plugins which for some reason couldn't keep the old commands :(

Edit: A gentle soul in discord helped me, it is \WindowMoveTo<5, 5>

I personally think this could have been documented better than it is in the wiki!

Last edited:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
What the hell is it with this Message Core plugin? It has completely broken my spirit!

First, I thought the sample project was about teaching you how plugins work! Now I am wandering around looking for that one character that finally teaches me how to offset my message box! Because I cannot do it! I am trying commands like
\WindowMoveBy<targetx5, targety5>
\WindowMoveTo<targetx200>
\WindowMoveTotarget<x200>
\WindowMoveTotargetx<200>

and nothing, NOTHING is working. These commands all seem to swallow the message boxes. I...I am begging for help, I am sure it is well documented and I am just too stupid to read it correctly, but for the love of god, please help me.

In RPG Maker MV the message code was simple:
\msgposx[1197]\msgposy[390]

Simple, easy to understand with proper explanation. And by that I mean even easy to understand for my tiny brain!

And the other problem is that I have unchecked wordwrap and all that has to do with it but still the program keeps reading the messages away without waiting for a mouse click. How do I turn that off? I want it to function how it has always been. See message - click (or Enter) - See next message.

help, please have mercy and help me. I have been porting my game for the last 3 days and everything is running ok except these Visustella plugins which for some reason couldn't keep the old commands :(

Edit: A gentle soul in discord helped me, it is \WindowMoveTo<5, 5>

I personally think this could have been documented better than it is in the wiki!

Based on the attitude you've shown here and on the Discord channel, I'm incredibly less inclined to help you. If this plugin is too complex for you to use, I suggest you uninstall it and use an alternative made by other members of the community. If the alternatives don't have the features you want, go to the Requests Forum or the Classifieds Forum and make a thread there.

---

We are on update batch #22!

You can find the full changelog here and here. There's a lot of new features added this time around! So be sure to read up on them!

For instructions on how to update the plugins, please follow the steps found here.

---

If you have any bugs to report, please follow the Troubleshooting instructions.

There is also a bug report submission form there.

WE DO NOT HANDLE BUG REPORTS ON THE FORUM THREAD!

---

Also, we have suggestion boxes open now! If you have any suggestions for the graphical assets team or the plugin team, be sure to send them to their respective suggestion boxes!

Suggestion Box (Graphics)

Suggestion Box (Plugins)

---

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Yanfly Seems like the dude might have been too frustrated and didn't express himself properly. Not sure how he acted in discord but perhaps some language issue?

Are you able to help me with my issue? I can tell you the details but I'd like to know if this is the place to ask. Or does this have to be reported as a bug? Guess this can count as one?

mardin

"...pretty please?"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Based on the attitude you've shown here and on the Discord channel, I'm incredibly less inclined to help you. If this plugin is too complex for you to use, I suggest you uninstall it and use an alternative made by other members of the community. If the alternatives don't have the features you want, go to the Requests Forum or the Classifieds Forum and make a thread there.

What was wrong with my attitude? That I got incredible frustrated and seeked help? The post you quoted is a bit harsh, granted, but I was at my peak frustration level after trying to port my project for 2 days straight. You most likely spend a lot of time documenting it well and I apologize if this forum post hurt you, but I am not taking it that my attitude in the discord was wrong.

I did not insult anyone (but myself), I got help in the discord channel and after a while of further help that unfortunetly did not solve the problem someone in the discord channel said that I should leave and find the problem on my own by making a project from scratch and if that still doesn't solve it, file a bug report. And I did leave.

The plugin itself just interfers with a lot of other plugins. And you are right, if I cannot deal with it, I better uninstall it.

Thanks for your help.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly Seems like the dude might have been too frustrated and didn't express himself properly. Not sure how he acted in discord but perhaps some language issue?

Are you able to help me with my issue? I can tell you the details but I'd like to know if this is the place to ask. Or does this have to be reported as a bug? Guess this can count as one?

I cannot say for sure if I can help since it's a plugin outside of the VisuStella MZ library. It does not count as a bug report as per VisuStella's Terms of Use:

5. VisuStella is not responsible for problems found in your game due to unintended usage, incompatibility problems with plugins outside of the VisuStella MZ library, plugin versions that aren't up to date, nor responsible for the proper working of compatibility patches made by any third parties. VisuStella is not responsible for errors caused by any user-provided custom code used for custom control effects including advanced JavaScript notetags and/or plugin parameters that allow JavaScript code.

It's very likely that there's an ordering issue. See if the plugin works better above or better below the VisuMZ library on the plugin manager list.

If neither works, then I recommended doing what Ramza suggested and utilize Custom Action Sequences. The other thing I would recommend is to ask the developer to create plugin commands that proc those specific voice clips at the right time when called during a Common Event so that you can utilize them better.

Otherwise, I suggest manually inserting the sound effects yourself.

Last edited:

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Visu Stella!

Just dropping in to say how much I love the plugins... This was a different gripe post before.. but I think I figured it out.

Alright, I figured out some of it... this part is still killing me:

I'm using the Battle AI:

I have a skill that debuffs the target's AGI.

Now I can't figure that out, no matter how or where I phrase the note tag - they always target the same person.

I've tried using:

<AI Target: Target Not AGI Debuff>

<AI Conditions>
Target Not AGI Debuff
</AI Conditions>

<AI Mother May I, Please Not Target The Guy With The Debuff>

Nothing seems to stop them from just stacking it on the one person.

:D

Strangely to make the healing of others at 50% or less works fine: <Heal Skill> is just HEAL or Whatever the name of the skill is without the <>'s...

<AI Target: Lowest HP%>

<AI Conditions>
HP% param <= 50%: <Heal Skill>
</AI Conditions>

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ugh! 15 posts waiting in the approval queue. Approve 3, decline 2, ask poster for more information on 4. Refresh. 18 posts waiting in the approval queue!
Shaz wrote on ZestyTS's profile.
Hi, there is a Completed Games forum where you can post your game. Or a Commercial Games forum if it's paid. The status feed is not where these belong. Just make sure to read the pinned threads and include all the required information in your post.
I was initially looking for some old archer design i made a few years ago, but couldn't find it...
but here's a sketch from some parade / festival I stumbled upon that i totally forgot :D
Not sure how i'll go about it, but i definitely want to incorporate some of it in my game :)
cxgRkhJ.png
So... what is sleep anyway? UGGGG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tylerr