hydro_sapien

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure if this has been reported, but if you use VisuMZ 3 Weapon Animation, action sequences doing Motion: Freeze Frame with "Show Weapon" on defaults to the database rather than the plugin for weapon animation.
Untitled.png

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Not sure if this has been reported, but if you use VisuMZ 3 Weapon Animation, action sequences doing Motion: Freeze Frame with "Show Weapon" on defaults to the database rather than the plugin for weapon animation.
It's been mentioned several times that this thread is not a bug reporting thread. Follow the links to the wiki page (first post) and report your bug at step 2.8

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly Is it possible to make a script call if player has disabled monster encounters or set them to halved? I have achievements in game and I want to disable them, if player removes encounters since it makes the game easier.

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Has it been mentioned anywhere on how to give the default parameters custom formulas?

In MV, you could use Yanfly's ExtraParameterControl (or something like that) plugins to give the X and S parameters (like target rate, critical rate, physical damage rate, etc) custom formulas. For example, I liked to have my PDR and MDR decrease as the actors' ATK and MDF went up.

I'm assuming you'd do this somewhere in the core engine's Parameter settings, I just have no idea where to start:

Code:
// Determine the variables used in this calculation.
let xparamId = arguments[0];
let base = this.traitsSum(Game_BattlerBase.TRAIT_XPARAM, xparamId);
let plus = this.xparamPlus(xparamId);
let paramRate = this.xparamRate(xparamId);
let flatBonus = this.xparamFlatBonus(xparamId);

// Formula to determine total parameter value.
let value = (base + plus) * paramRate + flatBonus;

// Final value
return value;

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I saw the new list of plugins planned for February, and I'm SUPER excited! The state display tooltip I've been trying to commission for a while now! On top of that, the new battle system (free turn battle) plugin looks really intriguing. I think it may fix an issue I've had with my core mechanic for a while now! Take my money!

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello Visu Stella!

Just dropping in to say how much I love the plugins... This was a different gripe post before.. but I think I figured it out.

Alright, I figured out some of it... this part is still killing me:

I'm using the Battle AI:

I have a skill that debuffs the target's AGI.

Now I can't figure that out, no matter how or where I phrase the note tag - they always target the same person.

I've tried using:

<AI Target: Target Not AGI Debuff>

<AI Conditions>
Target Not AGI Debuff
</AI Conditions>

<AI Mother May I, Please Not Target The Guy With The Debuff>

Nothing seems to stop them from just stacking it on the one person.

FIXED:

<AI Target: Target Not AGI Debuff>
<AI Conditions>
Target Not AGI Debuff
</AI Conditions>
<Bypass Highest Aggro>
<Bypass Taunt>
<Bypass Provoke>

Silly Aggro System.. LOL.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What am I doing wrong with my bows? I want to replace their default attack by a skill "shoot" but this only happens when the character crits, then the player shoots arrows in all air directions in weird way at everyone including themselves.

<Replace Attack: 4>

Shouldn't that be enough to proc the shoot with every attack? Shoot has a common event with the projectile action sequence.

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to figure something out with the Skills and States plugin and I freely admit that I feel a bit in over my head with the custom skill costs. I'm hoping that it's easier than I think it is, assuming what I'm trying to do is even possible.

Essentially, I want to create an ammunition and reloading system which is persistent between various weapon types a player can equip. A player's weapon skills cost them ammunition and if they run out then they need to reload.

So, on the surface it's a lot like a renamed MP system. Each weapon will set the player's "Ammo" gauge to be the maximum capacity of the weapon. Using shooting skills costs Ammo, and reloading restores Ammo (at the cost of bullets from the player's inventory). Most importantly, ammo stays loaded when the weapon is unequipped and doesn't transfer over to a different weapon when they're switched out (to prevent issues with weapons that use different ammo types.

The only way I can figure out to do this is to base 'ammo' on a variable, which can be modified whenever the player uses one of the shooting or reloading skills. Since the variable is independent of the weapon itself it'll remain consistent while the player doesn't have the weapon equipped. Each weapon would have its own variable to help keep them separated.

So, I'm trying to figure out two things:

1) Can I use the Skills & States plugins to create a skill cost type that draws from a variable? I assume so, but I do not know javascript so this part of the plugin is pretty opaque.

2) Can I change the gauge displayed in the battle screen to a different one depending on the weapon equipped? So, if a player has the revolver equipped the gauge will show the information from the Revolver Ammo variable, and if they have the SMG equipped it'll show information from the SMG ammo variable. This part isn't absolutely necessary, but it would make things more polished.

If this does work, any chance someone could help me figure out what I need to do to create these skill cost types and the part of the code I would need to change to cause the skill cost to draw from a different variable so I can create alternate types for different weapons (only the source variable needs to be changed since things like name and appearance would remain the same).

Any help is appreciated.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
@Yanfly Is it possible to make a script call if player has disabled monster encounters or set them to halved? I have achievements in game and I want to disable them, if player removes encounters since it makes the game easier.

This has nothing to do with the VisuStella plugins. Please ask this question in the appropriate forum.

Has it been mentioned anywhere on how to give the default parameters custom formulas?

In MV, you could use Yanfly's ExtraParameterControl (or something like that) plugins to give the X and S parameters (like target rate, critical rate, physical damage rate, etc) custom formulas. For example, I liked to have my PDR and MDR decrease as the actors' ATK and MDF went up.

I'm assuming you'd do this somewhere in the core engine's Parameter settings, I just have no idea where to start:

Code:
// Determine the variables used in this calculation.
let xparamId = arguments[0];
let base = this.traitsSum(Game_BattlerBase.TRAIT_XPARAM, xparamId);
let plus = this.xparamPlus(xparamId);
let paramRate = this.xparamRate(xparamId);
let flatBonus = this.xparamFlatBonus(xparamId);

// Formula to determine total parameter value.
let value = (base + plus) * paramRate + flatBonus;

// Final value
return value;

It's the same thing in the VisuStella MZ version. Go to Core Engine's plugin parameters > Parameter Settings and modify the JS variant there. If you are unfamiliar with JavaScript, I recommend asking in the Learning JavaScript forum: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/learning-javascript.127/ (not sure why my toolbar disappeared while adding this message)

@oriongates I also recommend paying a visit to the Learning JavaScript forum for that.

---

We are on update batch #23!

You can find the full changelog here and here. There's a lot of new features added this time around! So be sure to read up on them!

For instructions on how to update the plugins, please follow the steps found here.

---

If you have any bugs to report, please follow the Troubleshooting instructions.

There is also a bug report submission form there.

WE DO NOT HANDLE BUG REPORTS ON THE FORUM THREAD!

---

Also, we have suggestion boxes open now! If you have any suggestions for the graphical assets team or the plugin team, be sure to send them to their respective suggestion boxes!

Suggestion Box (Graphics)

Suggestion Box (Plugins)

---

Also, since today is the release of the last plugin for the current Wave 6 plugins, the programming team will be taking a 4-week break before returning back to work for the next wave. It's a little longer than normal, but it's mostly because some of the members celebrate Lunar New Year and we want to give them some time off for that. Thank you for understanding!

---

Last edited:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This has nothing to do with the VisuStella plugins. Please ask this question in the appropriate forum.

It's the same thing in the VisuStella MZ version. Go to Core Engine's plugin parameters > Parameter Settings and modify the JS variant there. If you are unfamiliar with JavaScript, I recommend asking in the Learning JavaScript forum: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/learning-javascript.127/ (not sure why my toolbar disappeared while adding this message)

@oriongates I also recommend paying a visit to the Learning JavaScript forum for that.

---

We are on update batch #23!

You can find the full changelog here and here. There's a lot of new features added this time around! So be sure to read up on them!

For instructions on how to update the plugins, please follow the steps found here.

---

If you have any bugs to report, please follow the Troubleshooting instructions.

There is also a bug report submission form there.

WE DO NOT HANDLE BUG REPORTS ON THE FORUM THREAD!

---

Also, we have suggestion boxes open now! If you have any suggestions for the graphical assets team or the plugin team, be sure to send them to their respective suggestion boxes!

Suggestion Box (Graphics)

Suggestion Box (Plugins)

---
What do you mean nothing to do with it? I was asking if there's a way to do conditional script call based on what setting visustella options are.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
What do you mean nothing to do with it? I was asking if there's a way to do conditional script call based on what setting visustella options are.

There are no VisuStella options for disabling or halving encounters. These are default RPG Maker MZ options, not options added by VisuStella.

1611330905392.png

Go ask in the appropriate forum.

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
There are no VisuStella options for disabling or halving encounters. These are default RPG Maker MZ options, not options added by VisuStella.

View attachment 176563

Go ask in the appropriate forum.
Excuse me, but doesn't your Options Core add the option to reduce encounters? I believe that was what he was asking about. Now, if that somehow makes use of the Trait you're showing here, then I understand your reasoning. If it's different, then it's a feature of your plugins, which can have many different applications without the use of external plugin libraries.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Excuse me, but doesn't your Options Core add the option to reduce encounters? I believe that was what he was asking about. Now, if that somehow makes use of the Trait you're showing here, then I understand your reasoning. If it's different, then it's a feature of your plugins, which can have many different applications without the use of external plugin libraries.
It applies that same trait, yes.

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can see his confusion though: the original question wasn't worded the same as what you wanted to ask:

Is there a way to call a check in the VisuMZ_1_OptionsCore to allow us to see if an option is ON or OFF.

How does it set the trait? - what if I removed all the states in the list, making all new ones... then I'd have no true way to test it, would I?

Hmmm.. brain teaser! Love it... now I gotta figure it out.. I love it!

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Perhaps the $gameSystem.isEncounterEnabled() would be helpful?

Just trying to be helpful.

Huh - I do not like that the Playtest Menu stays on even in normal mode... it just becomes a 'Cheats' tab.
Dang, made my own problem... hahaha!

Last edited:

Blaon

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I would like to know if your "Encounter Effects VisuStella MZ" plugin does improve the engine's pathfinding for on-map chase events that trigger battles.
On MV I loved to use Shaz's one, but it probably won't be ported to MZ sadly.
Your Encouter Effects plugin looks interesting, but I would like to know if it makes pathfinding better, because the default engine has a horrible one, any obstacle will stop the event from chasing.

Thanks!

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would like to know if your "Encounter Effects VisuStella MZ" plugin does improve the engine's pathfinding for on-map chase events that trigger battles.
On MV I loved to use Shaz's one, but it probably won't be ported to MZ sadly.
Your Encouter Effects plugin looks interesting, but I would like to know if it makes pathfinding better, because the default engine has a horrible one, any obstacle will stop the event from chasing.

Thanks!
I use every VisuStella plugin.
The Encounter's Chase works around objects beautifully. They've chased me around objects, reversed on me and everything. The little bugger won't let me escape unless I can get out of that vision cone.

Reinarc

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I swear I'm dumb but I don't know how. I had the same thing I thought, and now it works.

Now to try and move shadows.

It works pretty well, until you have more than 4 party members. Or you want to switch party members in combat with the Party plugin. Then it gets a bit weird. I'm trying to see if I'm just missing something, but I'm trying to adjust the individual position of Battle Position 1 (regardless of who occupies it), Battle Position 2,3, and 4 if that makes sense.

I could also just have each of my 6 actors take a unique spot on the right side of the battlefield, but I kind of like the standard 4 man lineup. I'll keep playing with it.

EDIT: Got it. If you're just looking to spread your party out a bit, go to BattleCore plugin ---> Actor Battler Settings ---> JS: Home Position ---> Mess with the X and Y index numbers (after the * symbol).
Larger X value: party with spread out more horizontally. Larger Y value: party will spread out more vertically.

I consider myself accomplished since I know pretty much nothing about coding. Lol.

Attachments

• aaa.png
    aaa.png
    640.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Oliin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So ... just to check before I do something like submit it as a suggestion ...

Through the options core plugin we have the ability to provide a list of alternate fonts the player can use. I currently can't seem to add any of the fonts in the fonts folder to this list unless it's the default font for my game. Is there something very obvious I'm missing or should I ubmit this as a feature request.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acoolusername