YukitoTrevisan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Yanfly
sometimes BATTLE SEQUENCES simply do not alter the battler's motion graph.

It is as if he followed the whole sequence in a single position, the movement happens, but the sprite does not change the movement.

Oliin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly
sometimes BATTLE SEQUENCES simply do not alter the battler's motion graph.

It is as if he followed the whole sequence in a single position, the movement happens, but the sprite does not change the movement.
You might want to check and then submit that as a bug. Check out this page here.

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone have a template of how to set up the VS8 sprite sheets or how to label them in the game folder (if that is what it needs to be). Not really sure how to set this up?

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to make the name input screen gamepad compatible? You can't pass this screen if you're using a gamepad, it doesn't work.

There also doesn't seem to be any support for gamepad all the button prompts don't take into account if you use gamepad.

Last edited:

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have a question regarding the Visustella Demo.

I have the demo, and the all-script pack.

I had installed all of the plug-ins to the demo and activated them. But when I do so, I get a demo that lags rather noticeably. I have checked, files, and made sure MZ is up to date.

Is anyone else having this problem?

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

I had installed all of the plug-ins to the demo and activated them. But when I do so, I get a demo that lags rather noticeably. I have checked, files, and made sure MZ is up to date.

You mean the $100 bundle? You...put all of them in the demo project...? o_O I'm no expert, but I doubt they're all meant to be used simultaneously, right? Do you really need to use...all of them?

Rexxon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You mean the $100 bundle? You...put all of them in the demo project...? o_O I'm no expert, but I doubt they're all meant to be used simultaneously, right? Do you really need to use...all of them?
Well, I am not sure I would use them all in the final project. But while playing around and learning, yeah, I wanted to access all of them.

So that may be why it is lagging then? Hmm. Well, Guess I will have to remove some. Bummer.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Well, I am not sure I would use them all in the final project. But while playing around and learning, yeah, I wanted to access all of them.

So that may be why it is lagging then? Hmm. Well, Guess I will have to remove some. Bummer.

Many players have noticed considerable lag with the Compass plugin so that might be the biggest culprit. The order they are in could also play a factor. But yes ultimately it is often more wise to use as few plugins as possible. There is a such thing as having too much of a good thing in RPG making.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
About class change system, I have questions.

How do I make it so that players can't change their primary class?
How do I restrict some classes, so that only certain characters can use them?

KawasakiNinja

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know breathing enemies was omitted b/c of a tearing issue. Over the past 2 months has a solution for this been found yet?

Stimulantfound

La Princesa Stephany
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Español
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Yanfly Can I purchase a Yanfly sprite from you to use for a cameo in my project? I would, of course, credit you, and if you would like, I'm also willing to show you the finished scene for your approval before sharing it. I totally understand if you're not okay with this, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :smile:

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
About class change system, I have questions.

How do I make it so that players can't change their primary class?
How do I restrict some classes, so that only certain characters can use them?
I think this is explained on the wiki page.
<Restrict Class Change Tier: x> <Restrict Class Change Tiers: x, x, x> - Used for: Actor Notetags - This makes an actor unable to change the class found in any of the listed tier slots unless this effect is cancelled by Plugin Commands. - Replace 'x' with a number representing the tier slot(s) to restrict.

...where x would be 1 for primary class (at least I think).

<Unlocked Classes: id> <Unlocked Classes: id, id, id> <Unlocked Classes: name> <Unlocked Classes: name, name, name> - Used for: Actor Notetags - Allows this actor to start with certain classes unlocked. These classes are unlocked in addition to the ones found in the Plugin Parameters. - For 'id' variant, replace 'id' with a number representing class's ID. - For 'name' variant, replace 'name' with the class's name. - Insert multiple data entries to unlock more classes.

And now for a few questions of my own...
Is there any way to use message codes (more specifically, color codes and variables) in database names? I'd like to set up a few colors for my equipment names (and maybe use a \V[x] for the name). I tried that in my project and did not get the expected results, but instead the ingame window shows the equipment as '\C[4]Fire Sword \C[0]+2'. I am using quite a bit of VisuStella plugins, as well as MZ3D and Aerosys' Random Dungeon Generator.

The codes work in descriptions, but not in names. Is there a plugin or another way to 'fix' that?

I know I can use <Color: 4> to set up the naming color, but it seems impossible to use multiple colors in the name, even with database inheritance. But if there is no way to use multiple color codes in a single item, I'll just make do with whatever I have. I'd just really like to make parts of equipment names 'pop out' really...

Let's say that I'm using <JS Parameters> to create random stats for my gear. I have a basic sword and something called Sword Inheritance. Basic Sword has the base stats set up (ATK 10, MHP 10 in this case). Sword Inheritance uses the following:
<JS Parameters> MaxHP = RandomBetween(0, 10); MaxMP = RandomBetween(0, 3); ATK = RandomBetween(3, 5); </JS Parameters>

Suppose I'm making Basic Sword +1 that inherits both Basic Sword and Sword Inheritance. Are the random numbers generated again when the item is created, or are the values same as they were for the Basic Sword itself. If they are randomly generated each time DBI is invoked, I could create Basic Sword +1, +2, ...+n just by supplying the following notetags
<Inherit Previous Everything> <Inherit Notetags From: Sword Inheritance>

However, it seems like something isn't playing nice as I get a SyntaxError: Unexpected token '<' right after starting test play.

RandomBetween(a, b); is a quick JS function defined in Core engine by default. Even when I replace it with a normal JavaScript code, I get the same error.

The game works normally when I take out the JS Parameters from the Sword Inheritance item.

Last edited:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I make it so that auto dash isn't enabled by default? I tried to put default value ConfigManager[symbol] = false; but it still starts with enabled on default.

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I was looking through the Core Engine's parameters and I'm curious about the "Document Title Format" in the Title Screen parameters. Where would that be seen in-game?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Is the forum working again? (why is my text blue in the input box?)

Looks like it is.

Anyway, I'll answer some questions:

---

Does anyone have a template of how to set up the VS8 sprite sheets or how to label them in the game folder (if that is what it needs to be). Not really sure how to set this up?

You set them up like normal sprites sheets but they will be used as such for the specific sets: (click here)

Also explained in the link, just add [VS8] to their filename.

---

I'm running the master project with all the plugins installed and don't get any kind of lag. It remains at a consistent 60 FPS for me.

---

@Yanfly Can I purchase a Yanfly sprite from you to use for a cameo in my project? I would, of course, credit you, and if you would like, I'm also willing to show you the finished scene for your approval before sharing it. I totally understand if you're not okay with this, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. :smile:

I'm flattered you're so considerate of it, but currently, I don't have a sprite that I own. The one I've used before in videos was made by another artist and she doesn't want it to be shared around. If anything, just any kind of bunny will do.

---

Is there any way to use message codes (more specifically, color codes and variables) in database names? I'd like to set up a few colors for my equipment names (and maybe use a \V[x] for the name). I tried that in my project and did not get the expected results, but instead the ingame window shows the equipment as '\C[4]Fire Sword \C[0]+2'. I am using quite a bit of VisuStella plugins, as well as MZ3D and Aerosys' Random Dungeon Generator.

The codes work in descriptions, but not in names. Is there a plugin or another way to 'fix' that?

I know I can use <Color: 4> to set up the naming color, but it seems impossible to use multiple colors in the name, even with database inheritance. But if there is no way to use multiple color codes in a single item, I'll just make do with whatever I have. I'd just really like to make parts of equipment names 'pop out' really...

By default, database names do not allow for text codes. We don't have any plugins that conform to this though we do have some plugins that allow for custom colors. That said, we don't have plans on providing support for text codes for names, too, because that's likely to open up a whole lot of other compatibility problems.

---

How do I make it so that auto dash isn't enabled by default? I tried to put default value ConfigManager[symbol] = false; but it still starts with enabled on default.

That's exactly how you do it. But keep in mind that options are global. They do not reset unless you clean out the save folder.

---

I was looking through the Core Engine's parameters and I'm curious about the "Document Title Format" in the Title Screen parameters. Where would that be seen in-game?

View attachment 180984

It would be in the title bar assuming that you changed the values away from their defaults.

---

Anyway, since it seems like the forum is stable again (aside from the weird blue text), I'll start posting updates here again:

We are on Weekly Update #28!

View the Changelog here: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/VisuStella_MZ_Changelog
Sample Project Version here: https://visustella.itch.io/visumz-sample/devlog

---

If you've encountered a bug, don't report them to this thread.

Instead, report the bug you've found to this link: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Troubleshooting_Plugins_RPG_Maker_MZ

---

If you have suggestions for plugins and/or graphics for the VisuStella team, we'd like to hear them. Keep in mind this does not mean we're guaranteed to create it (as our time is very limited) but we're interested in hearing what you have to suggest:

Graphics: https://forms.gle/c9pbrqGbJCzWETC97

Plugins: https://forms.gle/73bPT3nfXZFRn6BNA

---

Have a good weekend, everybody!

jkweath

Goes Fast
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you and the VisuStella team for all your hard work Yanfly! On two separate occasions I reported bugs and both of them were fixed super quick!

Also really happy that you all put in a suggestions box. I personally suggested an implementation of your MV Slippery Tiles plugin into the Events & Movement core :rhappy:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's exactly how you do it. But keep in mind that options are global. They do not reset unless you clean out the save folder.
That's the thing, I did clear out save folder after I did that and it still starts out as true when I boot up fresh save.

AsuranFish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question: With RPG Maker MV / Yanfly - it was possible to set skill speeds outside of the range allowed in the DB editor. Is this at all possible with Visustella?

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
---
That's the thing, I did clear out save folder after I did that and it still starts out as true when I boot up fresh save.

Tuomo, I've answered the question for you before. It's the same exact thing.

If you don't believe me, download the sample project, change the setting to false, remove everything in the save folder, and run the game.

If it still persists for you, then stop using VisuStella MZ's Option Core all together. It is a free plugin and nobody is forcing you to use something that clearly isn't working for you.

This is all I will say on this topic.

---

Question: With RPG Maker MV / Yanfly - it was possible to set skill speeds outside of the range allowed in the DB editor. Is this at all possible with Visustella?

Probably not. Go add it to the suggestion box if you will. Thank you!

---

We are on Weekly Update #29!

---

Instead, report the bug you've found to this link: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Troubleshooting_Plugins_RPG_Maker_MZ

---

If you have suggestions for plugins and/or graphics for the VisuStella team, we'd like to hear them. Keep in mind this does not mean we're guaranteed to create it (as our time is very limited) but we're interested in hearing what you have to suggest:

---

YukitoTrevisan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
---

Tuomo, I've answered the question for you before. It's the same exact thing.

If you don't believe me, download the sample project, change the setting to false, remove everything in the save folder, and run the game.

If it still persists for you, then stop using VisuStella MZ's Option Core all together. It is a free plugin and nobody is forcing you to use something that clearly isn't working for you.

This is all I will say on this topic.

---

Probably not. Go add it to the suggestion box if you will. Thank you!

---

We are on Weekly Update #29!

---

---

---

battle core and core plugin also not update to 1.28 yet in the download

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made it to the 10th video doing this! :kaocry:

renderTimingPixel.png
Made the "My Beating Mystery" board today:
3ENFLSC.png

in Grim Trigger episodes 3 & 4, the main characters play a Clue rip-off board game called "My Beating Mystery" (haha), so of course I had to draw the board for it. Can't decide if I wanna add blood or not
Jeez...
I finally decide, after several ppl asking me to, to create a gamethread about project M... And my internet craps out on me halfway through the process :(
making my first game is like trying to stuff all my experience with old games into one
so its slow and painful when i dont get it right... i bet the next game is gonna be finished earlier!
When you don't find any time to work... :kaocry:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Totaldramawwe