Kaimi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a question related to darklugia1997's: how do I increase custom parameters via events? Like, how would I make an item that increases Constitution by 3 points? Or how would I check set a variable to be equal to the value of said Constitution (if CON would have 5 points, I'd like to set the appropiate variable to 5)?

cthmpsn91

Resident Goofball
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I am not certain whether or not there is an answer to this - or if anyone can help me, be it Team VisuStella or someone else, but is there any way to adjust the offset X and Y for the Status Menu when using the Portrait-style Menu Images??

I have the Main Menu set up to use Portrait files; and they are offset so that the face actually appears inside the window. However, when I go to the Status screen - using the updated layout from Element/Status plugin - the portrait image display with the upper half of the body being cut off because the offset settings are not being applied to it (it needs to be lowered down the Y axis to have the face visible)...

Another issue with these portraits, is in the Skill screen shows a giant bottom-half of the portrait in the upper right corner that I am not sure how it is being generated.

Am I missing a setting somewhere in the Core Plugins and Elemental/Status plugins that let me adjust these portraits (or remove the ghost portrait from Skills screen) ???

Thanks in advance!

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

I have a question related to darklugia1997's: how do I increase custom parameters via events? Like, how would I make an item that increases Constitution by 3 points? Or how would I check set a variable to be equal to the value of said Constitution (if CON would have 5 points, I'd like to set the appropiate variable to 5)?

Hmm.. digging through the Core Engine help file, I don't see any way that you would be able to increase a custom Parameter through events - due to the fact that the custom parameters are not 'new' stats in the game, but rather derivatives of already existing stats.

For example, Strength, by default, is a derivative using the formula (a.atk*0.75)+(a.def*0.75) - and not its own brand new stat that can be selected with traditional item usage and events. If you are trying to use a custom parameter as a brand new stat, I don't think the Core Engine plugin has any method of directly increasing those stats by themselves.

I could be wrong though, but that is just what I can see after digging into the JS files.

EDIT: A potential work around for at least the itemmight be to have the Item you want, increase the stats that make up the Custom Stat....

For example, if you want an item that increases Constitution by 4 - using the base formula Constitution = Defense*0.75 and M.Defense*0.25; so you could have the Item increase Defense by 3 (4*0.75) and M.Defense by 1 ($*0.25) and it should give you the same result.

However, this would cause the extra stats to affect your combat stats and if you aren't using them in that manner then it could cause problems.

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hmm.. digging through the Core Engine help file, I don't see any way that you would be able to increase a custom Parameter through events - due to the fact that the custom parameters are not 'new' stats in the game, but rather derivatives of already existing stats.

For example, Strength, by default, is a derivative using the formula (a.atk*0.75)+(a.def*0.75) - and not its own brand new stat that can be selected with traditional item usage and events. If you are trying to use a custom parameter as a brand new stat, I don't think the Core Engine plugin has any method of directly increasing those stats by themselves.

I could be wrong though, but that is just what I can see after digging into the JS files.

EDIT: A potential work around for at least the itemmight be to have the Item you want, increase the stats that make up the Custom Stat....

For example, if you want an item that increases Constitution by 4 - using the base formula Constitution = Defense*0.75 and M.Defense*0.25; so you could have the Item increase Defense by 3 (4*0.75) and M.Defense by 1 ($*0.25) and it should give you the same result.

However, this would cause the extra stats to affect your combat stats and if you aren't using them in that manner then it could cause problems.
I think you need to downsize the portrait of the image.
It's probably too big.

cthmpsn91

Resident Goofball
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I think you need to downsize the portrait of the image.
It's probably too big.

Ah, yes that seems to be the case - looks like I'll need a set of portraits that are 'Menu' window sized in order for them to view properly. Thanks!

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Is there a way to change the color of the text popup in battle?

index.php

Elgigante94

PROJECT 1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Visustella team !

I have a bug when i enable the VisualBattleEnv script :
1617402582584.png

Any idea?

Best,
Seb

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have a bug
I'll save Yanfly the trouble and give the obligatory "This is not a bug report thread" response this time. However...at first glance it seems like a problem with the new Wave 8 plugins. (Oh no I mentioned the paid plugins! *gasp*) Make sure all your plugins are updated (including Battle Core, Event/Move Core, PartySys, etc.). If it still happens, create a blank project and test each plugin out one at a time (with NO others installed), and then in combinations of two to see if there are compatibility issues. You can report bugs at Yanfly's website, but you really should get an idea of exactly which one(s) are the problem before you report it so they don't have to cross-check between over 50 plugins. Yanfly's troubleshooting page gives more precise steps. Odds are the issues will be fixed in a weekly update soon; Wave 8's still Early Access.

Elgigante94

PROJECT 1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi Wilson,

Thanks for the tip- I will check it following the steps you described.

Best,
Seb

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm kind of confused about this action sequence. I'm trying to have the character move toward the enemy, let's say 6 pixels away, do an attack, then move behind the enemy, 6 pixels away, do an attack, then move back to the front again and repeat. How exactly do I do this?

Untitled.jpg

That's the part where I'm trying to make the character move behind the enemy. For when the character is in front of the enemy, the melee distance is positive.

artemisa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the message window, in the lower central part, I see a vertical line that is very annoying.
How is it removed?

Attachments

• Message.png
    Message.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 10

Ys42

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Can you please allow to change custom accuracy formula from the Core plugin? The one you provide is good, but Im sure alot of people can use some customization, and the code is obfuscated, so I cant edit it in .js file itself :(

JiaWei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the default TPB system, we can switch characters if multiple characters’ turns are up by using the cancel button in the actor command window. But this function seems to be removed in the BattleCore, and there seems no way to select from multiple turn-up characters.

I am not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but this function would be very useful in time-based battle system (especially for ATB system). For example, a healer (or a interrupt skill user) can reserves his action for the incoming enemy skill, while other characters keep doing their jobs. I am wondering if there is any way to add similar function?

One possible solution might be adding a "pass" command in the actor command window that will select another turn-up character if available, although I don't really know how to do it...

Last edited:

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
While reviewing an issue of some incopatibility between Visustella's Core plugin and ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ plugin, which is included with the purchase of RPG Maker MZ, I came across some weird issue and I don't know if it is because of Visustella design or part of their obscuing process. This is not a bug report in itself but it might be a reason that some other bugs happen for other plugins be it from Visustella or other plugin developers.

It seems that Visustella's Core plugin has a function that reads a value from an array, that array is filled with the plugin parameters and some other information. The problem is that, in some instances, the return value from the call of that function will either return a primitive value (boolean, int, etc) or a function to call and that can be used latter from the program to be assigned to a variable or to call a function. The problem is that, if for some reason a primitive value, for example a boolean, is returned but the code assumes that the returned value is a function, then the "x is not a function" type error will be thrown by javascript.

Since I don't know if this is a design choice from the Visustella team or is part of the obscure process they use to obscure the code, I would suggest that they review it to add checks to prevent this, since it might cause issues for other Visustella's plugins. I'm not a Javascript expert, and there might be a very good reason for this development choice, but seems cumbersome and difficult to maintain on the long run, but that is just my opinion on this. Hope it helps.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
While reviewing an issue of some incopatibility between Visustella's Core plugin and ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ plugin, which is included with the purchase of RPG Maker MZ, I came across some weird issue and I don't know if it is because of Visustella design or part of their obscuing process. This is not a bug report in itself but it might be a reason that some other bugs happen for other plugins be it from Visustella or other plugin developers.

It seems that Visustella's Core plugin has a function that reads a value from an array, that array is filled with the plugin parameters and some other information. The problem is that, in some instances, the return value from the call of that function will either return a primitive value (boolean, int, etc) or a function to call and that can be used latter from the program to be assigned to a variable or to call a function. The problem is that, if for some reason a primitive value, for example a boolean, is returned but the code assumes that the returned value is a function, then the "x is not a function" type error will be thrown by javascript.

Since I don't know if this is a design choice from the Visustella team or is part of the obscure process they use to obscure the code, I would suggest that they review it to add checks to prevent this, since it might cause issues for other Visustella's plugins. I'm not a Javascript expert, and there might be a very good reason for this development choice, but seems cumbersome and difficult to maintain on the long run, but that is just my opinion on this. Hope it helps.

We don't provide compatibility support for the plugins provided with the software. We only do inhouse support for VisuStella MZ only as per the terms:

5. VisuStella is not responsible for problems found in your game due to unintended usage, incompatibility problems with plugins outside of the VisuStella MZ library, plugin versions that aren't up to date, nor responsible for the proper working of compatibility patches made by any third parties. VisuStella is not responsible for errors caused by any user-provided custom code used for custom control effects including advanced JavaScript notetags and/or plugin parameters that allow JavaScript code.

I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

---

We are on Weekly Update #36!

View the Changelog here: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/VisuStella_MZ_Changelog
Sample Project Version here: https://visustella.itch.io/visumz-sample/devlog

---

If you've encountered a bug, don't report them to this thread.

Instead, report the bug you've found to this link: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Troubleshooting_Plugins_RPG_Maker_MZ

---

If you have suggestions for plugins and/or graphics for the VisuStella team, we'd like to hear them. Keep in mind this does not mean we're guaranteed to create it (as our time is very limited) but we're interested in hearing what you have to suggest:

Graphics: https://forms.gle/c9pbrqGbJCzWETC97

Plugins: https://forms.gle/73bPT3nfXZFRn6BNA

---

Have a good weekend, everybody!

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dude... He wasn't asking for a compatible patch. He was simply telling you that something is weird with your codes. It's all good now, so not that this is important anymore.

Right, we all know you're not responsible for the problem. People ask for help because you're the creator, not that the blame is on your team in any way.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Dude... He wasn't asking for a compatible patch. He was simply telling you that something is weird with your codes. It's all good now, so not that this is important anymore.

Right, we all know you're not responsible for the problem. People ask for help because you're the creator, not that the blame is on your team in any way.

I didn't mention a compatibility patch.

I mentioned that we don't provide compatibility support for plugins made outside of our library even if they came with the official software.

Winshifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I didn't mention a compatibility patch.

I mentioned that we don't provide compatibility support for plugins made outside of our library even if they came with the official software.
Sorry if it looks like I was asking for a compatibility patch, that was not the case, I was just merely recounting how I got to my conclusion that you probably should add checks in your code for the "x is not a function" javascript type error, given the method I described and that you use...asuming that you did that on purpose and is not part of your obscuring process. In the end it's your product and your code and you can choose to ignore me or take into account my suggestion. While I might be an experienced professional programmer, javascript is not really my area of expertise, you and your team surely beat me in that area. Maybe you and your team already have those checks in the code and I'm simply unable to deduce that due to the obscuring and my lack of experience and knowledge with the programming language.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry if it looks like I was asking for a compatibility patch, that was not the case, I was just merely recounting how I got to my conclusion that you probably should add checks in your code for the "x is not a function" javascript type error, given the method I described and that you use...asuming that you did that on purpose and is not part of your obscuring process. In the end it's your product and your code and you can choose to ignore me or take into account my suggestion. While I might be an experienced professional programmer, javascript is not really my area of expertise, you and your team surely beat me in that area. Maybe you and your team already have those checks in the code and I'm simply unable to deduce that due to the obscuring and my lack of experience and knowledge with the programming language.
The array you're seeing is how the obfuscation works. It's not done on purpose to make things intentionally incompatible if that's what you're trying to imply.

The problem you're encountering is due to the ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ plugin instead and is likely to pop up again for anyone who also happens to be using plugins that alter the equip scene layout, not just VisuStella MZ.

Now as you state that you are a professional programmer, I'm sure you will understand the following despite your level of expertise in JavaScript:

1. Scene_Equip and Scene_Battle are two very different scenes.
2. One scene's functions do not necessarily exist in another's.
3. By looking at the code for ChangeEquipOnBattleMZ, you will see it is trying to run Scene_Equip functions inside Scene_Battle.

Fair, right? Here's the thing: Core Engine has created checks for specific functions inside Scene_Equip to determine layout compositions. These layout compositions are unique to Scene_Equip and the functions used to determine those layout compositions do not exist in Scene_Battle for obvious reasons. They're not left out intentionally on purpose because adding them in like that is extra baggage. You cannot take a car engine and expect it fit for a jet.

chocopanda

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
May I suggest to remove the ATB bar in Victory Aftermath.. the ATB bar stays in the screen and it's kind of annoying... I hope we can also change the font style or use image for Victory text. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Hey everyone! No Studio Blue RPG Maker Critiques Stream today! But you can always check the playlist for old streams you've missed!

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:
woods.pngshop.jpgboss.jpgRoom.png

Mapping is becoming so much easier!
FirestormNeos wrote on Neikoku's profile.
the cat in your profile picture is adorable
Are the default-size "chibi" sprites really a bad thing for a project? I'm not planning to sell my game anyway but I was wondering if they were as hated as some videos seem to claim...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gh05tinblack