jgdeutsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi - trying to get an actor to "Escape" with an action sequence from VisuMZ BattleCore Engine.

Anyone know how to do that?

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Dynamic lighting, fully functional voice sets for enemies and Pcs and semi 3d positional sounds, there I said my most wanted.

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Could the Sideview Battle UI from Wave 8 include an option to draw the actor's face, potentially from the right side when the UI extends on a selected active actor? I couldn't find an option so I'm assuming no, but it'd be neat to have!

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Something Like this?
SideviewBattleUIFaces.png

Plugin Manager > VisuMZ_3_SideviewBattleUI > Status Window Settings > JS: Custom UI >
Paste this code:
Code:
// Declare Variables
const actor = arguments[0];
let x = 0;
let y = 0;
let width = this.innerWidth;
let height = this.innerHeight;

// Draw Actor Graphic
this.drawActorFace(actor, x + 8, y, width, height);

Last edited:

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am so mad, thank you very much for the solution!

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Welcome, but why mad?
You'd think I could've figured that one out myself, considering I *do* program a little bit on the side, I found a method called "drawFace" and used it with exactly the same parameters, to think I was that close is frustrating, pahaha. I very much appreciate the help!
---
Edit:

Is it possible for Victory Aftermath, to only show the EXP Bar for Actors where it makes sense? Via notetag or otherwise, it's just that I have up to 5 recruitable actors that do not ever level up and are constantly level 5 - their "LV MAX" bars kinda overshadow the one bar that does still need to grow, of the protagonist. Essentially - could I show the EXP Bar on only one actor?

Ignore the "rats", tested with recruitable enemies first: 1641304372710.png
Essentially I only want the level up bar for "Cherish", I'd rather not disable 'em for everyone ;;

Last edited:

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to optimize Main Menu and Battle status to 2 player party? I am making a game with just main character and 1 follower and I'm trying to make the sizes adjust more for two than four.

Galkamik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I just got the latest Furniture System!
I've always wanted to let the players decorate their homes and so I decided to add in the plugin!
I tested it out to make sure it's all working, it was until I came across an error.

Furniture Error.png

I've noticed some compatibility issues with other plug-ins so I've turned off everything and only have the Visustella plugins on.

The other compatibility issues I did notice was from the following:
MOG_CharParticles
MOG_EventSensor
MK_RNGMaps_Dungeons
TSR_Mirror

It's a shame D: I would have really loved to use the Furniture system.

Last edited:

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would really appreciate it if someone could check this out before I submit a bug report. Using the latest Visustella Sample Project, make 2 events wherever it's most convenient. I placed them right by the crystal where the game project starts. Note that these are the only changes I made to the original project.

Event #1
◆Battle Processing:Goblin x2
:If Win

:If Lose

:End

Event #2
◆Battle Processing:Gnome x2
:If Win

:If Lose

:End

On Troop Event Goblin x2
Conditions: Turn 0 Span: Battle
Add this dialogue box
◆Text:None, Actor1(6), Window, Bottom
: :<br>This is the Goblin x2 Troop.

On Troop Event Gnome x2
Conditions: Turn 0 Span: Battle
Add this dialogue box
◆Text:None, Actor1(6), Window, Bottom
: :<br>This is the Gnome x2 Troop.

Initiate a battle with Event #1, it should play out just fine
Initiate a battle with Event #2, the Gnome x2 dialogue shows but is then immediately followed by the Goblin x2 dialogue.

Can anyone else confirm this before I submit as a bug report, because maybe there's just something wonky with my setup. Thanks to anyone who would take the time.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is this battle event in troop1? Which by default will run on every battle?

VisuMZ_1_BattleCore > Mechanics Settings > Base Troop ID's

Whichever base troop ID is set here will run for every battle.

Lady_JJ

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, it is. And I didn't know about that default setting. So that would explain it. I'll go back to my project and reorder my battles. Thanks for such a quick response.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, is there a way to change the Battle/Menu Bust for the actors based on if they are under status effect? Like, I want to make gray version of the players when they get zombified, etc.

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The class change system has been giving me a major headache - I have 8 classes for the protagonist, as well as a "base" class they start out with - I've "unlocked" the additional classes via plugin commands as the story progresses, but for some reason, you have access to every single skill from every "unlocked" class, even though only one is ever the primary. I haven't even enabled multiclassing yet - to my understanding, if Class A knows Heal, and Class B knows Fire, I should only ever have "Heal" on Class A and "Fire" on Class B, not both regardless, right?

If that is intended behaviour, that whole system ist kind of... pointless ;;

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The class change system has been giving me a major headache - I have 8 classes for the protagonist, as well as a "base" class they start out with - I've "unlocked" the additional classes via plugin commands as the story progresses, but for some reason, you have access to every single skill from every "unlocked" class, even though only one is ever the primary. I haven't even enabled multiclassing yet - to my understanding, if Class A knows Heal, and Class B knows Fire, I should only ever have "Heal" on Class A and "Fire" on Class B, not both regardless, right?

If that is intended behaviour, that whole system ist kind of... pointless ;;
That's how it works by design. If an actor has access to a class, they have access to the appropriately-levelled skills of that class. They're considered to be level 1 in a class they can change to.

If I remember correctly, I figured out a way to prevent this, but I can't remember offhand so you'll have to leave that with me.

Edit: Ah yeah, it's mentioned in the plugin help:

Q. Why do my actors have access to random skill(s) of x class(es)?

A. Are those classes a part of the classes that have already been unlocked?
Are the skills learned at level 1 for those classes? And are those classes
sharing a particular Skill Type? Then that's your answer.

When classes are unlocked, they are unlocked at level 1. When unlocked at
level 1, all of the skills at level 1 are also learned by that actor. And if
the classes all share a Skill Type, those skills will also become available
to that Skill Type.

If you don't want your classes to have access to all of the skills of the
same Skill Type, then give them different Skill Types unique to each class
and change the Skill Types of the skills taught for those classes to that
class's unique Skill Type.

Last edited:

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you don't want your classes to have access to all of the skills of the
same Skill Type, then give them different Skill Types unique to each class
and change the Skill Types of the skills taught for those classes to that
class's unique Skill Type.
Thank you so much! T'was a bit of extra effort, but this definitely works the way I intended it to~!

One more question, in the Message Core, there's a really neat "<Auto Event: X>" Text Message Tag which works perfectly fine, but is there a variation for "self"? Like the current event?

<Auto Event> or even <Auto Event: 0> / <Auto Event: -1>? I'm using it as a nice way to populate areas with NPCs that don't necessarily have a face image, but changing the number manually on every new event is a teensy bit tedious! No worries if it's impossible, just asking if that is a thing and I'm missing something obvious ;;

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you so much! T'was a bit of extra effort, but this definitely works the way I intended it to~!

One more question, in the Message Core, there's a really neat "<Auto Event: X>" Text Message Tag which works perfectly fine, but is there a variation for "self"? Like the current event?

<Auto Event> or even <Auto Event: 0> / <Auto Event: -1>? I'm using it as a nice way to populate areas with NPCs that don't necessarily have a face image, but changing the number manually on every new event is a teensy bit tedious! No worries if it's impossible, just asking if that is a thing and I'm missing something obvious ;;
The Auto Event notetag regex doesn't specifically look for a number, so in theory it may work if you do <Auto Event: this._eventId>.

Pumamori

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Auto Event notetag regex doesn't specifically look for a number, so in theory it may work if you do <Auto Event: this._eventId>.
Yeah, that doesn't work sadly - I don't think any Javascript would be evaluated from a message window in the first place, though. I appreciate the idea and quick response!! If you got anything else to try, I'd love to hear it ;;!

boikish

Always trying to help :)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Wondering if a replacement for Yanfly's In Battle Status Window exists through the VS library. Wasn't able to find anything. Definitely think it's a handy tool to be able to check your character's parameters in battle.

Galkamik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi, is anyone else having a problem with the Events and Move Core Version 1.34?
I don't know why it's only for this plug-in but, I updated the Corescript to 1.4.4 on steam and it's giving me an in-game message when loading my game saying 'Cannot Load save file'. Is there something I need to do to fix this?

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

grief... finding a font that works with the engine has been a bigger process than I thought it'd be. doesn't help MV loves to scrunch letters next to each other like a football huddle.
The new Phoenix plugin. I drew icons and an interface into it
R3-M1 can now leave footprints :kaojoy: Thanks Dsiver144 for another amazing plugin!!

1653686110642.png

Hey guys, do you wanna see who dominated the competition in our last game jam?! Stop by while we play Pinky by @Wumbohek Starting at 4:20pm EST.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zodismegalame