MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I had a similar strange error with the Battle Core. I couldn't run Event Calls from the backpack items anymore. Come to find out I had to delete the Battle Core from the plugins list and re-add it.
Sometimes you let them Refresh for far too long that things have changed in the settings that break them... Not sure if that'll help you or not, but it was where I ended up in the end.

(For me, I'm not having any problems with any of the scripts as of 1.4.4 here though.)

Galkamik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I had a similar strange error with the Battle Core. I couldn't run Event Calls from the backpack items anymore. Come to find out I had to delete the Battle Core from the plugins list and re-add it.
Sometimes you let them Refresh for far too long that things have changed in the settings that break them... Not sure if that'll help you or not, but it was where I ended up in the end.

(For me, I'm not having any problems with any of the scripts as of 1.4.4 here though.)
I went ahead and tried this and I still have the same problem.
I even turned off all the plug-ins and only have the Events Move Core on just to make sure it's not something else that's causing this.
It's strange because the game runs fine when starting a new game but gives me a buzzer/cancel SE when trying to load a save file.
I'll revert to 1.4.3 for now, since it's fine when I'm using that.

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh. NOW I have it... I never "Load A Saved Game" while in testing...
This is interesting...
Creating a blank project and uploading it to them for a fix.
With only the core and events on - can't load a saved file in 1.4.4. confirmed.

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Bit of a long question. So i am using the menu portrait tag to give my characters portraits in battle, as i need them to be able to freely change portraits thru the plugin commands. However, it forces them to be used in the menu as well (obviously) and they dont fit the scene well. Is there a way to either 1) use menu portrait tags only in battle not menu or 2) use battle the portrait tag and change the battle portrait thru a plugin command? Or perhaps another a solution besides just resize the portraits (i would do this but the art doesnt look as good resize so much and i already doubled them)?
1646246585414.png

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My Actor Tags <Menu Portrait: filename> and <Battle Portrait: filename> point to completely different files.

BUT

You can also use Face or Portrait in Battle or Menu separately from each other.

In MainMenuCore you can set your LIST Menu off of Portrait...
and the BattleCore has your Layout Settings that can be either Portrait or one of many others...

Hope that helps point ya in the right direction. :yswt:

wkdrn33

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
kor
Primarily Uses
How to add/decrease Custom Parameter values in CoreEngine?
It cannot be changed to <param Plus/Flat: +x>.
The patch notes say that it can't be applied only to enemies, but it doesn't seem to work for actors or equipment.

MasterTenchi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello There wkdrn33!
Is this the part you're talking about:

<param Plus: +x>
<param Plus: -x>

- Used for: Actor, Class, Weapon, Armor, Enemy, State Notetags
- Adds or subtracts 'x' to 'param' plus value when calculating totals.
- Replace 'param' with 'MaxHP', 'MaxMP', 'ATK', 'DEF', 'MAT', 'MDF', 'AGI',
or 'LUK' to determine which parameter to modify.
- Replace 'x' with an integer on how much to adjust the parameter by.
- This is used to calculate the 'plus' portion in the Parameter Settings =>
Basic Parameter => Formula.

It's used like this:

<ATK Plus: +5>
<ATK Plus: -5>

This would ADD or SUBTRACT 5 from the Actor or is a State an Enemy it's applied to.

Your Basic Twig:
Stick1.png

Here's one with Custom PARAM Pluses:
Stick2.png
If an actor equipped it, they would get 5 more attack power and 10 more luck at a 1 less defense.

NOW for the flatPARAM:

<param Flat: +x>
<param Flat: -x>

- This is used to calculate the 'flatBonus' portion in Parameter Settings =>

To understand this, we gotta look at the flatParam Formula:

let value = (base + plus) * paramRate * buffRate + flatBonus;

I only use this if I want to give a character a buff in one attribute when they get that bonus.
In this case, if you did this:

<ATK Flat: +10>

On something, then anytime ATK gets a bonus, that bonus is +10 more plus the bonus.

Here's our little Princess Sophia:
Sophia1.png
The 3 Attributes we playing with are:
ATK: 16
DEF: 56
LUK: 32

All base, nothing added... let's put this on her: LUCKY STICK
Sophia2.png
As we can see, it added 5 ATK, 10 LUK and Took away 1 DEF making her:
ATK: 21 old was 16
DEF: 55 old was 56
LUK: 42 old was 32

So what happens if I do this:
Sophia4.png

I am forcing her to always get 10,5,10 in those stats... so the same LUCK STICK now does this:
Sophia3.png

It ADDS 10 ATK, 5 DEF and 10 LUK, making her: (FLAT + BONUS)

ATK: 31 old was 16 (10+5)
DEF: 60 old was 56 (5-1)
LUK: 52 old was 32 (10+10)

So every time she is given any of those 3 bonuses, her FLAT is added to it!

You can mix/match items, statuses, and such for these effects too.

Last edited:

wkdrn33

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
kor
Primarily Uses
Hello There wkdrn33!
Is this the part you're talking about:

<param Plus: +x>
<param Plus: -x>

- This is used to calculate the 'plus' portion in the Parameter Settings =>

It's used like this:

<ATK Plus: +5>
<ATK Plus: -5>

This would ADD or SUBTRACT 5 from the Actor or is a State an Enemy it's applied to.

Your Basic Twig:
View attachment 220485

Here's one with Custom PARAM Pluses:
View attachment 220486
If an actor equipped it, they would get 5 more attack power and 10 more luck at a 1 less defense.

NOW for the flatPARAM:

<param Flat: +x>
<param Flat: -x>

- This is used to calculate the 'flatBonus' portion in Parameter Settings =>

To understand this, we gotta look at the flatParam Formula:

let value = (base + plus) * paramRate * buffRate + flatBonus;

I only use this if I want to give a character a buff in one attribute when they get that bonus.
In this case, if you did this:

<ATK Flat: +10>

On something, then anytime ATK gets a bonus, that bonus is +10 more plus the bonus.

Here's our little Princess Sophia:
View attachment 220497
The 3 Attributes we playing with are:
ATK: 16
DEF: 56
LUK: 32

All base, nothing added... let's put this on her: LUCKY STICK
View attachment 220502
As we can see, it added 5 ATK, 10 LUK and Took away 1 DEF making her:
ATK: 21 old was 16
DEF: 55 old was 56
LUK: 42 old was 32

So what happens if I do this:
View attachment 220501

I am forcing her to always get 10,5,10 in those stats... so the same LUCK STICK now does this:
View attachment 220504

It ADDS 10 ATK, 5 DEF and 10 LUK, making her: (FLAT + BONUS)

ATK: 31 old was 16 (10+5)
DEF: 60 old was 56 (5-1)
LUK: 52 old was 32 (10+10)

So every time she is given any of those 3 bonuses, her FLAT is added to it!

You can mix/match items, statuses, and such for these effects too.

Hello. Thank you for answer.

As you said, we confirmed that the basic param of RPGMZ works.

The part I asked was Custom Parameters, which is a sub-item of CoreEngine → Parameter Settings.

I checked the wording of the manual again.... It seems that it was made for the purpose of parallel with other plugins.

" For clarification, these settings do NOT create brand-new parameters for you to use and add to your game nor are the bonuses supported by other plugins in the VisuStella MZ library. These settings exist to function as a bridge for non-VisuStella MZ plugins that have created their own parameter values and to show them inside VisuStella menus."

My question was solved by using it together with other plugins.

drack_669

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi! someone know the script call for visustella Events and Movement Core?, specifically Spawn Event Plugin Commands, I want to make some random use for spawn with script call.

Hillarien

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I was wondering if there is a list of script calls for these plugins. Plugins being obfuscated and we can't edit them is one thing, but another is being unable to use them to their full functionality or to struggle, while blinding trying stuff.
For example, I needed to remove states by categories via javascript and not notetag, fortunately, looking through plugin, it was easy to figure out when I saw "removeStatesByCategoryAll", but it wasn't obvious to me which kind of quotation marks I had to use for state category call.

Tuomo L

Oldbie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a way to have Victory Aftermath, without the music playing in that and just the Victory ME?

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
without the music playing in that and just the Victory ME
Copy the victory me to the bgm folder and set it in the general settings of the plugin.

You could edit the plugin so that it plays the me at the end, but then the battle bgm continues after it finishes. if that's the goal, then just change everywhere it says Bgm to Me except for ReplayBgm

WilsonE7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Is there a way to have Victory Aftermath, without the music playing in that and just the Victory ME?
One MacGyver workaround I've used in other situations is to use a program like Audacity (or whatever audio program you use) to generate a looping track of silence and set that as the BGM in the Plugin. No battle BGM at the end that way.

Richard John S

Rpg Maker Music Pack Contributor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anyone know how to change the value of a custom parameter via script? I have them set at 0 right now, and I want to make a few scripts to change these values. Also, how can you make it so note tags in equipment can change the value of the custom parameters as well?

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Does anyone know how to change the value of a custom parameter via script? I have them set at 0 right now, and I want to make a few scripts to change these values. Also, how can you make it so note tags in equipment can change the value of the custom parameters as well?
Yes. A far as I know you need a separate plugin that can create custom params, there's a couple good ones by @Eliaquim and @ICF-Soft, take your pick.

The VS plugin only handles the custom params on a visual basis with VS plugins but the custom param plugins are what you need for the heavy lifting.

From there learn how the custom params work in the custom param plugin that you choose and from there if you get more specific I can show you how to call it via notetag.

Richard John S

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes. A far as I know you need a separate plugin that can create custom params, there's a couple good ones by @Eliaquim and @ICF-Soft, take your pick.

The VS plugin only handles the custom params on a visual basis with VS plugins but the custom param plugins are what you need for the heavy lifting.

From there learn how the custom params work in the custom param plugin that you choose and from there if you get more specific I can show you how to call it via notetag.

Thanks for the recommendations, @Knightmare . I did end up figuring out how to use the VS custom parameters and getting them to work with equipment notetags. I basically just created a bunch of global arrays that reflect on the custom parameters made in the VS script, and then I pointed those parameters to take the data from the global arrays. I can just update the arrays, and then the custom parameters will grab the data and show in the VS status menu and work in the game mechanics. The ones you recommended would have made this easier, but they wouldn't work in the VS status menu which I need to display the extra parameters. I have about 30 new parameters made for my project.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thanks for the recommendations, @Knightmare . I did end up figuring out how to use the VS custom parameters and getting them to work with equipment notetags. I basically just created a bunch of global arrays that reflect on the custom parameters made in the VS script, and then I pointed those parameters to take the data from the global arrays. I can just update the arrays, and then the custom parameters will grab the data and show in the VS status menu and work in the game mechanics. The ones you recommended would have made this easier, but they wouldn't work in the VS status menu which I need to display the extra parameters. I have about 30 new parameters made for my project.

Yeah, it sounds like your way works fine but there IS a way to display them in the VS Status Menu with those plugins as well. I'm doing it for my next project actually.

Glad you figured out how to do it in a roundabout way though.

Richard John S

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, it sounds like your way works fine but there IS a way to display them in the VS Status Menu with those plugins as well. I'm doing it for my next project actually.

Glad you figured out how to do it in a roundabout way though.
I tried entering the short names (def, mdef, etc) of the parameters I was testing with the two plugins into the VS categories field where the other entries were in the status menu, but when entering the game, it just left a blank space.

alltheyuriz

The one the only Cat Dad
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi i don't know if I can ask this here but I don't know where to go, I don't really know how to work your picture common event plug in to make pictures activate things. If you could help me that would be nice, thank you for reading and have a nice day

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

FadbqH0X0AIuarS

Updated one of my characters sprites. Misty now looks more like an actual person rather than the deformed potato on the left.
rogue grande commission.png
Another commission done. Kato's little shop is open!
Game Making Every Day #24 :kaosalute:

Just played a lovely dice game this morning. Got any other dice games to recommend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dawsad22da2a