Proxxie_Desu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a very important topic and this discussion needs to take place. Because of the breadth of the plugin library and the speed with which it was released, Visustella will be the standard for MZ, just like Yanfly was. And things that make it harder for other plugin makers to increase compatibility is bad for the community, period.

I supported Yanfly on ******* for years, and I feel the same way Anyone does about it.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Proxxie_Desu : There is a time and a place for that. Now is not the time or place per staff's request. Everyone again

Drop it for a while please!

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would love to see a subcategory option in the Items & Equip Core, because I made so many categories that I can't fit them all on the screen.

Proxxie_Desu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I just read that, and I have a question: am I allowed to port them myself for use in my own project (not for distribution to others?)

Your Terms of Use said "Free for use with both free and commercial RPG Maker games unless specified otherwise." At the time I acquired your plugins, you hadn't specified "No MZ porting," and you didn't specify which version of RPG Maker.

I understand you don't want people making money off your old codebase, but saying "you can't use my old stuff" while the new stuff comes with a host of new restrictions just seems like it's being mean to the community. I understand a few people did you wrong, but the vast majority of folks didn't, and it's the latter who are mostly paying the price here.

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
If you use the plugins in their current form, with all the credits and such attached, you can use them with edits. They will not be considered ports, but they will still be considered the original plugins. Redistribution of the edits outside of the scope of your game is forbidden as that conflicts with the TOU. But otherwise, edit away! Good luck!

TimothyMV

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I would love to see a subcategory option in the Items & Equip Core, because I made so many categories that I can't fit them all on the screen.
I just want to know if it's a future plan so I can have 30 categories without overwhelming the player.

KillerPixEEL

Killer Pixeel Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nice work

Last edited:

Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
For a group so worried about theft and people editing/creating based on their work, I think it's weird that you're distributing for free and selling a commercial license for a tileset that's mostly traced work from the MV RTP.
Edit: It's obviously traced with some small changes.
tlmv.png

Other than that, great job. I won't be using any of these plugins because I don't like the vibes/mindset behind the work, but that's OK. Hopefully everyone can move on with their lives if they don't like your terms instead of complaining too much, good luck!

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
For a group so worried about theft and people editing/creating based on their work, I think it's weird that you're distributing for free and selling a commercial license for a tileset that's mostly traced work from the MV RTP.

Other than that, great job. I won't be using any of these plugins because I don't like the vibes/mindset behind the work, but that's OK. Hopefully everyone can move on with their lives if they don't like your terms instead of complaining too much, good luck!

It's clearly a derivative work of the RTP, and is designed to be interchangeable, but referring to it as "traced" is a serious accusation that I do not think is supported by having seen the materials themselves.

Also I sincerely doubt that you wish them well considering your entire post.

I think a large portion of this community needs to think about whether they are making this forum an exciting place for creators to share their things.

Because right now, I feel like the answer would be no.

And I don't want to just come in and make a blanket ban on people criticizing creators work, I don't think that that serves anyone. But sniping posts like this serve literally no purpose other than drama.

Just in general:

Knock it off everyone. This forum should be welcoming, not a place where creators feel like they'll be ripped apart if they don't create exactly what users want.

Last edited:

AfroditeOhki

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hope this can be the place to ask all things VisuStella and not just the core plugins - I saw that there's a paid DragonBones plugin now, with the cool extra features of the paid DB plugins for MV. Is there a free version of it too? And does it (either the free or the paid one) provide tools to show DragonBones on screen like a character bust (no need to be automated, I just need to be able to call it on screen unaffected by map position).

My game doesn't really need enemy actors or to replace character sprites for DB armatures, but it really needs those animated conversation busts, and it's one of the things holding me back from moving to MZ (that and I'll be here waiting for doodads)
:ptea:

CathyRina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm currently struggling when it comes to changing these icons right here in the Main Menu core.
I did replace a lot of them on the Icon sheet but now they're all over the place in the menu.
unknown.png

VisuStella

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello again, and thank you all for your comments, feedback and suggestions!

Just to make you aware, we will not frequently monitor this thread via the VisuStella account. If you have bugs or other issues, please take a look at the Troubleshooting Guide on the wiki. If your problems persist, please use the link in Step 7 to report it to the developer team.

Please also make yourselves familiar with the Terms of Use, specifically Article 5 which refers to taking responsibility for problems found in your game due to unintended usage, incompatibility problems with plugins outside of the VisuStella MZ library, plugin versions that aren't up to date, or the proper working of compatibility patches made by any third parties.

The VisuStella account will not be offering support for plugins here, and we are grateful that a few kind individuals from the developer team/tech support have stepped in to provide answers here.

Please feel free to continue to leave suggestions here for future assets and plugins. Although we may not respond, we will be looking back at this thread from time to time to view your comments.

Thank you for your support. <3

Marston

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
So, a bug. I can report them here, correct?

First of all, if you use the default screen resolution the text with Switch Character/Unequip/Select/Back in the equipment menu overlaps with one another.

Secondly, if you use shift to unequip an item and then press enter again to reequip it the item won't be shown, as if you don't have the item at all. It will only be shown again after switching to another character or equipment slot. I did change the item categories though (I only have weapon, armor, accessory and other), not sure if that may interact in a strange way.

And finally a suggestion (because... I would benefit from that xD).
If you activate auto battle, also make it so that the victory screen also closes automatically. Using the standard \^ command only closes the last window on the victory screen (even in the default engine), but if someone learns a skill or levels up you still have to manually press enter on all message boxes except for the last one (using the \^ method).

Edit:
Aaaaand someone posted while I was writing. Of course. xD

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently struggling when it comes to changing these icons right here in the Main Menu core.
I did replace a lot of them on the Icon sheet but now they're all over the place in the menu.
unknown.png
The settings for those icons are in the VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine plugin parameters.

Parameter settings -> Icons

You can set them to not be shown at all, or change them to different icons from there.

CathyRina

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The settings for those icons are in the VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine plugin parameters.

Parameter settings -> Icons

You can set them to not be shown at all, or change them to different icons from there.

Oh that's exactly what i was looking for! Thank you!

VisuStella

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engrish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Musashi The tiles are derivative of the RTP and while some have been close to the RTP, we're not offering any commercial licenses for them specifically. They're strictly non-commercial. We're currently discussing with KADOKAWA how to distribute the commercial license for those tiles, which is not available for the moment. Similar to how RPG Maker store version has unique versions when distributed to their store for the community. This was meant to be an alternative style RTP and we would appreciate it if you asked us privately first before accusing us of theft. :>

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@VisuStella - Love the core plugins for MZ. They are awesome. Quick question; are you guys planning on releasing an Action Cutin Plugin and a Unison Attack Plugin for MZ. I bought the ones for MV off of itch but would love to see those added to MZ.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@VisuStella, hmm, did you create the multiple currencies yet? I am asking to make sure I do not misread it. If you didn't plan or finish yet, do work not so hard ok. I can wait. Thank you again for working really hard.

Quest Journal System for MZ will be a popular plugins for sure either paid or free. It is your decision. Your choice lol. Again, not sure if other people feel the same.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Does this ever happen to anyone?: your making a battle sprite [or any sprite] then when you mess something up you then see it as something diff, then working with it? its hard to say in words but it happens to me all the time
found out how to change pfp, literally there's a hidden thingy on the bottom of it
Tarzanthecat wrote on SoftCloud's profile.
Bill_shitting.jpg
Interesting week. Lots of stress and anxiety especially on Tuesday but still got thru it. How is everyone doing?
I was pleased with how the little ... whatever those square bits like upside-down turrets on the skirt are? I like how they turned out. Here's a little ranger/bandit/archery enthusiast to model it:

TestChara-08.gif

I'm calling her Robin because obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
perthwindowtintingwa