Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know if it's appropriate for me to jump in here, but as a pixel artist I really feel the need to add my thoughts. Calling the artwork from this traced is inaccurate. The parts that are like the RPT are edited, just like the Yanfly scripts. Editing and distributing edits of the RTP is allowed with the EULA, so there's nothing wrong with it from a moral perspective. Nowhere was it stated to be anything else, if you thought so that was bringing your own bias into the situation. I was personally very impressed, some of the artistic flair added is really cool and not necessarily easy to pull off. IF the artwork is later sold commercially, it would only be done with permission, and it'd be worth paying for because a non-artist couldn't get the same result by just tracing the RTP.

Tracing is a very serious accusation and should never be said lightly. I'm sure you were just trying to use the most appropriate word for what you saw, but in the art world "tracing" is the same as "stealing" or "cheating". It's not an edit, it's copying. When kept to personal practice, tracing is fine, but it got such a negative connotation because it's not always kept to practice. It's used by some as a cheap shortcut to steal other people's work for the tracer's own gain. This is why you're not being believed when you say you wish them well. By calling it tracing the things you said earlier could be interpreted as "I just don't think it's right to charge for stolen content, but whether or not you get away with it has nothing to do with me." That may not have been your intent, but that's unfortunately what your words meant.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@VisuStella : I'm still trying to make sure mine isn't user error by reading all the rest of the documentation first. Plus its honestly minor I can make it work if I can't turn that one off with a tweak in my planning.

And thanks for the updates!

loppy893

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Anyone know how to get the BattleCore plugin to run with BattleVoiceMZ

Overland_Cat

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When will I be able to by your plugins by themselves? I've been waiting for them ever since I got RPG Maker MZ, and I was also trying out the sample.

Last edited:

Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Tracing is a very serious accusation and should never be said lightly. I'm sure you were just trying to use the most appropriate word for what you saw, but in the art world "tracing" is the same as "stealing" or "cheating". It's not an edit, it's copying. (...) This is why you're not being believed when you say you wish them well.

I understand now and I apologize for my wording. What I meant with my initial statement was:
"I think it's weird that you're distributing a tileset that's mostly edited work from the MV RTP when you're worried about people doing the same with your plugins."

I wasn't trying to say that doing it is illegal or even a bad thing to do, just contradictory.
@Archeia I don't share your views on having to talk about this privately, I'm glad we discussed it publicly! The tiles are beautiful and your work is amazing =)

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh Boy...

Well, Anyways...

Hope Mz soon catches up with the plugins... ^^

cayenne_spicy

Just Chili'in' Out
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
<snip>I don't share your views on having to talk about this privately, <snip>

I'd just like to note to you that it's not a matter of personal views on their part, it's a matter of avoiding a situation of slander/libel in which an individual with an accusatory inquiry could - by making their inquiry in the public - cause damage to the reputation and marketing effectiveness of the recipient. In such a case, if the issue of the accusation is proven false, but if the making of the accusation in public has had an apparent effect of reducing market viability (and thereby profit) of a brand's products (right now VisuStella's products are free; future products may not be)... then the accuser becomes potentially liable, legally, for that reduction in profit, can be sued for it, and can be forced to recompense the accused party.

So. What can you learn from the above? :)

Archeia's request that you discuss the matter with her in private is not only in her own self-interest of protecting her brand reputation, but it's also in your self-interest to avoid putting yourself in a position where you might unintentionally cause yourself to have to get sued. Yes, that's looking out for herself - but it's also looking out for you.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, not sure if I should be posting this here, but I wasn't sure where to ask/suggest. Firstly, I would like to say that the Debug plugin is awesome, just like all you guys' plugins usually are, and I am glad to have it. Secondly, unless I'm just missing something, I would like to request that at some point, if it's possible, for you to add the ability to view the current stats of your characters/enemies during a battle? Or at least what they are pre-buff/debuff?

I'm kind of bad at battle/progression planning from a conceptual standpoint (ADHD be damned), so I find it easier to gauge things by doing the battles, and I think that would be a nice thing to have.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I understand now and I apologize for my wording. What I meant with my initial statement was:
"I think it's weird that you're distributing a tileset that's mostly edited work from the MV RTP when you're worried about people doing the same with your plugins."

I wasn't trying to say that doing it is illegal or even a bad thing to do, just contradictory.
@Archeia I don't share your views on having to talk about this privately, I'm glad we discussed it publicly! The tiles are beautiful and your work is amazing =)

It's only contradictory if you don't even know my history of contribution for RM.

I'd just like to note to you that it's not a matter of personal views on their part, it's a matter of avoiding a situation of slander/libel in which an individual with an accusatory inquiry could - by making their inquiry in the public - cause damage to the reputation and marketing effectiveness of the recipient. In such a case, if the issue of the accusation is proven false, but if the making of the accusation in public has had an apparent effect of reducing market viability (and thereby profit) of a brand's products (right now VisuStella's products are free; future products may not be)... then the accuser becomes potentially liable, legally, for that reduction in profit, can be sued for it, and can be forced to recompense the accused party.

So. What can you learn from the above? :)

Archeia's request that you discuss the matter with her in private is not only in her own self-interest of protecting her brand reputation, but it's also in your self-interest to avoid putting yourself in a position where you might unintentionally cause yourself to have to get sued. Yes, that's looking out for herself - but it's also looking out for you.

Thank you. This is exactly why. It's just called being a professional.

Hillarien

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
EDIT: Unrelated to the above, and to prevent double-posting, I just found something that doesn't work as intended, but I don't know if it's me being dumb or if it's a genuine error.

With Skills & States Core, when I try to recreate a Doom-like state (when it expires, the one suffering the state immediately dies) with the JS On Expire State snippet, the target immediately dies once the state gets applied. The same happens with On Erase State.

For clarity, I used the following:
JavaScript:
<JS On Expire State>
target.addState(1)
</JS On Expire State>
I have same issue, On expire and On erase codes just doesn't work and instead act as On Add.

Musashi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I won't be sued for posting my negative view on a product online. Everything I said was confirmed by Archeia, she just answered why it's OK for her to do it legally, which again was never my problem with all this, and her opinion on why it isn't contradictory.
They can ask me politely to message them privately or to delete my comments if they think I'm hurting their business. They can even delete them themselves since this is their website instead of acting like that's something I have to "learn". It's just called being a professional.

I only posted here again because the message about "say only good things here or you can get sued" (I know, I'm exaggerating!) is somewhat threatening.
I'm officially removing myself from this discussion now and I won't post here again. Feel free to delete my previous posts.

winkr7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can I have your stuff?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
They can ask me politely to message them privately or to delete my comments if they think I'm hurting their business. They can even delete them themselves since this is their website instead of acting like that's something I have to "learn". It's just called being a professional.

Touch literally told you to stop and you proceeded to edit your post with "proof" and with a now you know very heavy implication term. You started this and I even told you to settle this privately, like professionals, but you refuse. But yes let's end this here. At least you know now.

Last edited:

cayenne_spicy

Just Chili'in' Out
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I won't be sued for posting my negative view on a product online. <snip>

People get sued every day for false accusations and negative reviews containing false information.

<snip>They can even delete them themselves since this is their website instead of acting like that's something I have to "learn".<snip>

You clearly do need to learn it, considering that you're still arguing it...

<snip> is somewhat threatening.<snip>

Somebody trying to teach you how to protect yourself from potentially being sued is in no way threatening, unless you find the core concept of learning and self-awareness to be threatening. Come on, buddy. Guy. Come on. That's silly and I think you know it is. lol

suoma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
chinese
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, quick question: Where can I find human-readable versions of the source code for these? It's a lot harder to make my own plugins compatible with them in their current state. Given how these are obviously going to be YanflyMZ and used by just about everyone, being able to make plugins that are compatible with them is kind of important.

Jenova

Because you are...a puppet!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Looks like I will be staying away from this thread....

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Aesica, you can talk to them in the discord and you can talk privately there. I need to clarify quickly before condescending people eat alive me lol.
I mean like talk about compatability with their plugins. Not about the encryption code unlocked, which @VisuStella said no, thank you.
Nice to see you again.
1.You go into their website. 2. Click on the blue blocky monster icon of discord.
3. Click Join button
4. Good luck, you will see them there.

I do not think they will bit yet lol.
I hope everyone meet each other halfway lol. I am not even adult here lol. In the end of day, we are the community, right?:rtea:

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I haven't been on here in forever wow(missed my forum birthday T-T). Anyways, I'm dabbling in BGMs, here's something I'm actually willing to share.

Binge-watched 6 episodes of the Erased anime... And that means I've watched half of it?! Sigh...
I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faldoors