BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
How about Visustella hold a plug-in contest to see who can win the source code? I mean they’d probably also have to check the reputation of the programmer and make them encrypt the code. Sounds crazy and ridiculous but just putting it out there.

Still my only wish from them at the moment is to provide a Battle Status Customizer at some point.

Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Let's please not go back to talking about obfuscation/encryption, since TouchFuzzy already put out a warning about it. :thumbsup-left: VisuStella have already made their stance very clear, and it's not up for discussion.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly, I wouldn't expect them to release the source code to anybody, even for payment. While YOU may be honest and trustworthy, as soon as they make a way for people to get it under certain conditions, someone who is not honest and trustworthy will get it and sell it. I've seen a number of paid courses (from less than a hundred dollars to over a thousand) being on-sold for lower prices by people who bought the course.

If you want to make your plugins compatible, just let them know what you need, and they'll let you know how to go about it. Several people have already done this and commented on how easy it was.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
And honestly another option is to learn to code and write your own system for your game. No one is forcing you to use the plug-ins at all either.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread seems like quite the highly-charged tinder pile waiting to ignite, so now that I have my answer, I'll just say this and show myself out. ;)

And honestly another option is to learn to code and write your own system for your game. No one is forcing you to use the plug-ins at all either.
Yeah but re-inventing the wheel and all is a thing. Sure I could even skip RPGMaker entirely and just build my own RPG engine from the ground up, but modern software dev isn't about making everything from scratch. It's about pooling available resources together to get the job done.

Besides, I like sharing the plugins I make for my projects with other people, and I like the idea that they might find them useful. "But does it work with Yanfly's plugins?" was always a thing that came up in MV. Since these have the Yanfly sticker on them, "But does it work with Visustella's plugins?" will always be looming overhead.

If you want to make your plugins compatible, just let them know what you need, and they'll let you know how to go about it. Several people have already done this and commented on how easy it was.
That's the thing though, I hate having to pester other people when I want to get something done, but oh well.

ArcherBanish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Hello, Just a quick thing since the wiki page doesn't have a Step 7 for bug reporting. If this doesn't get noticed I'll resend it when the method is available. (Probably with a bit more info if necessary)

This is in regard to <Hide if learned Skill: x>

<Hide if learned Skill: x>
It doesn't work in the case that the skill is temporarily added to the skill list by a state or a piece of equipment.
I've tried it with States and Equipment items.
I'm assuming the skill isn't kept on the same list as the regular learned skills and this is what causes this behavior.
1. Create 2 Skills with Skill 1 having the <Hide if learned Skill: x> notetag refering skill 2
1598235042865.png
1598235071109.png
2. Have actor start with Skill 1
1598235174368.png
3. Create Equipment or Status that add the skill.
1598235391127.png
1598235412961.png
4. Equip the Staff or Add the State
1598235690891.png
1598235556103.png
1598235620462.png
Only the following plugins, no changes to the scripts or options, exit in the project.

VisuMZ_0_CoreEngine V 1.01
VisuMZ_1_BattleCore V 1.01
VisuMZ_1_ElementStatusCore V 1.01
VisuMZ_1_EventsMoveCore V 1.01
VisuMZ_1_ItemsEquipsCore V 1.01
VisuMZ_1_MainMenuCore V 1.01
VisuMZ_1_MessageCore V 1.01
VisuMZ_1_OptionsCore V 1.01
VisuMZ_1_SaveCore V 1.01
VisuMZ_1_SkillsStatesCore V 1.01

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hate having to pester other people when I want to get something done
I totally get this. It's inconvenient for you to have to wait, but waiting for something you really want is better than not getting it at all. And if you're worried about putting them out by asking ... they've invited people to contact them for the details, and are fully prepared to spend the time. They obviously think the effort they'll have to go to to provide that assistance is worth it.

@Archeia @VisuStella - maybe the instruction in the first post should refer to Step 2.7 rather than Step 7?

Heartless_Angel

Lv. 666
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And honestly if you learn to code, you don´t even need to use rpg maker anymore at all?
Wasn´t one of the core reasons to use rpg maker... to not having to code? x,D
Sorry bgillisp, but sadly I have to disagree there, sure having some code knowledge is nice
and super helpful, to write your own plugins, systems, or edit others to work with yours...

But a huge % of the user base is NONE coders, and NONE artists, let´s not forget that here.
It´s ... again... the main reason people even use rpg maker, community based sharing and learning.
Open scource plugins, resscoures and knowledge, so that they can make there dream game.
As much as it´s possible for them, removing all this will leave rpg maker in the dust in the future.

So guys, can we drop all this nonsense and finally move on?
I already saw quiet a lot of promising plugins and resscoures, and many friendly people,
that are coming back again from the depths. It´s a shame that some lame thiefs triggered all this.
And honestly no code, game or product in the world is ever safe from them.

ArcherBanish

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese

Zyphli

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Did I miss an instruction for updating these plugins?
Copied the new ones to my project, and got errors that the versions didn't match.
Going into Plugin Manager and selecting each one refreshed the version, but now all of the changes I had made in the parameters are reset to defaults.

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hey @VisuStella (or anyone else that might know) I saw that Victory Aftermath is for sale at the shop and I want to buy it but one thing I need to know is if I do and the plugin gets updated for bugs or whatever will I need to keep re-purchasing it (the new versions) or do I pay once and I get access to all the updates for that plugin as well? If the later how is it tracked that I bought it so I can have access to these updates. Thanks

loppy893

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey @VisuStella (or anyone else that might know) I saw that Victory Aftermath is for sale at the shop and I want to buy it but one thing I need to know is if I do and the plugin gets updated for bugs or whatever will I need to keep re-purchasing it (the new versions) or do I pay once and I get access to all the updates for that plugin as well? If the later how is it tracked that I bought it so I can have access to these updates. Thanks
I can answer this for you
Once you buy it, it's yours, including updates

Cyberhawk

Bravelion Leader
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

loppy893

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can answer this for you
Once you buy it, it's yours, including updates

Thanks. I wasn't sure how itch.io worked but after I got to the payment screen I saw basically what you said and then after I bought it there's a confirmation screen that basically says you'll have access to the download page for that plugin including updates etc.
Played with the plugin a bit already...pretty neat.

Find it, kinda conflicting that the new Victory Aftermath is a paid plugin when it was a port of one of Yanifly's free MV plugins (even after the incident). It's conflicting esp in these trying times. Overall great work and looks promising, Also @Knightmare read http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/VisuStella_MZ_Terms_of_Use_Article_6

Thanks Cyberhawk. The impression I got was the only free ones were going to be the BASE plugins (the cores) but since this (Victory Aftermath) is considered "fluff" or "extras" then they have the option of charging for it which I'm ok with.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Heartless_Angel, welcome, you are here and rejoin the civilization again.

There is a lot of things you can do with one plugin because it is basically combined Yanfly plugins into one plugin.:kaohi: Just read that slowly because it is like a textbook lol, so you do not miss something you find to be useful.

Last edited:

loppy893

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks. I wasn't sure how itch.io worked but after I got to the payment screen I saw basically what you said and then after I bought it there's a confirmation screen that basically says you'll have access to the download page for that plugin including updates etc.
Played with the plugin a bit already...pretty neat.

Thanks Cyberhawk. The impression I got was the only free ones were going to be the BASE plugins (the cores) but since this (Victory Aftermath) is considered "fluff" or "extras" then they have the option of charging for it which I'm ok with.
I suppose that makes sense
I just want the combo input plugin

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey YF and VS.
Thanks for the work you've put into RPGM over the years. I appreciate the work.
I also understand the circumstances that pushed you to release your plugins the way you have for MZ. It bothered me as someone who didn't know coding very well.
(You know the story of the lion and the cub, no?)
Anyway, I was able to salvage independent items from the item core. I have no intention of releasing it as I figured you guys would do a version for MZ at some point, but I do intend to use it for my project which was initially built in MV.
If it is not allowed, please let me know.

I'll be waiting for updates for the other plugins I use that take advantage of the Ind items.

Thx again for your hard work and assistance however indirect.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Maliki79, do you prefer this? Or something complex.

If you would like to work with them on your plugin, your contract them.
1.You go into their website. VisuStella - itch.io 2. Click on the blue blocky monster icon of discord.
3. Click Join button
4. Good luck, you will see them there.

Others then that I do not know. So you have to take @VisuStella on the behind the scene or talk to @Shaz about that he seems to know what is going on. Also @Jaiden he is really trying to help everyone. A good person in general.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I should probably step away from the sparkles... but they're soooooooo shiny! :kaoswt:

Anyway stuff of note:
New interface.
The puzzle pieces now a build a puzzle in the upper right corner.
The Nihil is represented by the line with skulls. That represents where the map no longer exists at the moment.
MarcheBeoulve1 wrote on amerk's profile.
What the hell's up with your Profile Pic!
It's so cursed
Why is parallexing so time-consuming? Ive been at it for 8hrs and i havent even finished the map yet :/
It seems MogHunter Twitter is back...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lobamen