Jaiden

RMXP Fiend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Anyway, I was able to salvage independent items from the item core. I have no intention of releasing it as I figured you guys would do a version for MZ at some point, but I do intend to use it for my project which was initially built in MV.
If it is not allowed, please let me know.
I do believe it is allowed, as long as the original credits are in tact and it is not distributed. You can see Yanfly's statement about porting MV plugins to MZ for personal use in your project earlier in the thread, here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...ct-mz-core-plugins.125645/page-5#post-1107225

But do refer to Kupotepo's link, first, to make sure it doesn't already fit your needs:
@Maliki79, do you prefer this? Or something complex.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VisuStella Items and Equips Core won't meet his needs at present as it doesn't have independent items; including that was discussed but ultimately they decided to leave it out of the core plugin and potentially release an inventory management plugin later.

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kupotepo the new item/equip core does not feature independent items. I will try to use it, but know it doesn't feature what I need.

I firmly believe that if they wanted Indy Items, it would have been added.

I'll do my best to figure things out on my own and in the JS devs forum.
If something significant comes from it, I'll pack it up and share it.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Maliki79, if you would like to share with us and make it work with @VisuStella, you maybe do that by talking to them at discord. It is just up to you. Or you could just go solo on this plugin you wish to create. No peer pressure for me for what you wish to do lol.

@Yanfly, thank you for your insane amount of work to make our dream come true. So say hello to your pet rabbit if you have one. :kaohi:Just like the animal in general lol

Last edited:

Yanfly

Veteran
Reaction score
Hello!

I'm going to be here to answer some specific questions. I apologize if I cannot answer all of them, but I'll do my best to address the topics that raise the most concern.

Regarding: Victory Aftermath

There's a few things:

Victory Aftermath is a luxury plugin. It's not a core plugin. It's does not add in new mechanics. It is not a requirement for RPG's. Plus, we have decided to leave this outside of the Battle Core because we know that other plugin developers are most likely going to create their own Victory Aftermaths (just as they do for for main menu layouts for example).

The other thing is, I've opted to not port my version of Victory Aftermath to RPG Maker MZ. Why? Because it's incredibly clunky. Like clunkier than the 20 year old truck your neighbor keeps around and spends more money maintaining than buying a new car type of clunky. So clunky that the robots in Steampunk games make less noise. That kind of clunky. It's embarrassing I even released something like that, to be honest.

For that reason, I've enlisted Olivia to port over her Victory Sequence UI as a stand in for Victory Aftermath. But as my budget is limited, I cannot fully buy the rights off her to keep it free. We've all decided at this point, it would be better to keep it as a commercial plugin in RMMZ, just like it was in RMMV. The purchases here will go towards her and her continuation of creating plugins for the future VisuStella MZ library. This will help lighten the budget as she is a core member of the plugin development team.

Regarding: Obfuscation

I know this matter is more or less settled, but I feel it won't hurt to reiterate.

The reason why these plugins are obfuscated is because they contain code borrowed from my teammates in their public, commercial, and some private works. The obfuscation is there to protect their code. I have no plans on jeopardizing their livelihoods as that would be betraying their trust, and I, as their team member, have no intentions of violating this trust.

We know that it's much harder to edit obfuscated code, so we have made sure to include plenty of customization options available. These come in the form of highly customizable plugin parameters, some of which you can insert and modify JavaScript code in, along with plenty of JavaScript notetags. It's not a perfect solution, I know that. There won't be as perfect a solution as being able to edit the code directly. But we are always looking for ways to let you do the most with the plugins as we can allow.

As far as paying more for the non-obfuscated code, I will discuss with my teammates on the matter. However, keep in mind that this is neither a promise nor is it guaranteed. This is because some of my teammates are victims of theft in the past, and I do not feel like I would make a good team leader if I can allow such a thing to happen to them again in the future.

If there's any anger towards the obfuscation of code in the VisuStella MZ plugins, direct it at me. Do not direct it at my teammates.

Regarding: Future Plugins Plans and What Will Be Ported

Oh boy...

Where do I even begin with this one...

There's... a lot, planned in the pipeline. Practically every other major contributing plugin from the Yanfly Engine Plugins library is being ported over. I've given priority to those who have higher ranked positions based on downloads under the analytics since I'd like to give attention towards the unheard voices, too.

I cannot give an exact time table, because we've only really had the chance to catch our breath (kinda) during the past few days, but I can say this.

Near Future:
- Victory Aftermath (Olivia port)
- Button Common Events
- Picture Common Events
- TileD
- Quest Journal System
- Party Changing System
- Doodads

After that, there will be a focus on porting over the remainder of the Yanfly Engine Plugins libraries (minus the ones that got very little use, gotta budget after all).

Olivia will also be porting over her OctoPack Battle plugins from RPG Maker MV to RPG Maker MZ. She has been temporarily assigned off of the YEP porting duty to focus on the OctoPack plugins and bring them to MZ earlier. She will resume giving us a hand after their ports are done. These will be made compatible with the VisuStella MZ library.

Irina's visual novel systems will also be ported over from RPG Maker MV to MZ soon after and made compatible with the rest of the VisuStella MZ library. However, Irina is placed on duty to focus primarily on ports from the YEP library currently.

Alice's horror game private plugin collection is also in the works of being ported over to MZ and will be sold publicly for the first time. Like Irina, she is also placed on duty to focus primarily on ports from the YEP library currently.

Just remember, the YEP library is huge. It will take some time to get everything ported over. We are working as fast as we can. We cannot give a direct time frame on when it'll be complete, but at the same time, I don't want to overwork my teammates more than I already have.

I hope this answers a lot of your questions.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Leprikon01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does this code \\N<\\N[1]> no longer work in new plugins?

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really hope Doodads is ported to MZ. :)

Zelgadis85

IGMC 17/18 Entrant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Will there be a bundle available for all VisuStella plugins at some point? And if yes, what sort of price are we talking about?

While my initial (small) disappointment with MZ has dissipated, I'm still going to use MV until most features I deem necessary for my projects will be available. Once the plugins from you guys are out, I'll start considering if I'm going to spend some effort making those plugins myself, but there's probably no point starting coding them now, as I cannot know which features will be ported and which won't.

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't even wrap my mind around how hard you guys at Visustella have been working up to and now after the release of MZ. All those free plugins are just incredible!!! I can't wait to see all the new paid and free plugins to come. You guys really add so much to RPG Maker! It wouldn't be the same without you, THANK YOU <3 :LZScheeze:

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/Advocatus Diaboli
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Quest Journal System
lol, the meeting of mind on this one.

@Touchfuzzy, I hope you not eating on this lol. I just ask the community silly question to light the mood.
Do you think @VisuStella plugins onward should be sold their plugins separately or put them into buddle?
I do not think it is a divisive question, right? [Just fun vote at the end of the day, they will make their choice based on their judgment.]

Thank you @Jaiden for sharing information. I am withdrawing the question. I see @Trihan made the thread awesome.
This question will direct you, Touch. Will you think to create the public sharing of VisuStella note tags thread to share ideas on how to use the plugin creatively. Great idea or bad idea. Thank you for your consideration.

Last edited:

Jaiden

RMXP Fiend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Elgigante94

PROJECT 1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just remember, the YEP library is huge. It will take some time to get everything ported over. We are working as fast as we can. We cannot give a direct time frame on when it'll be complete, but at the same time, I don't want to overwork my teammates more than I already have.

Thank you!

Thanks for everything, for all these amazing plugins i enjoyed on RMMV and surely will buy for RMMZ.
Thanks to Olivia too for her amazing Octobatle Pack! (but she have to review her bright Effects plugin... there are some bugs when you leave a fight :rsad:, Please tell her ^^)

Luckysince97

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello team VisuStella,like Tea'jam i would like to ty for all the work you did so far and for the work that is to come, I ve been looking into the compress version of yanfly core and was wandering if you were gonna bring back class change or any type of double/class tree, i would understand if the answer would be no, would just hope to have an answer soon to see if i develop my own or not...big hug to all of you you deserve more support, as for ******* yanfly had a kinda plan ******* project, which i thougth was pretty cool, i just happen to came on .moe a bit to late, now that im almost on day one would like to see same kind of ******* planning but with an auction kinda, what i mean is let ppl choose what gonna be developp first on vote...(pay a mere dollars for vote)and raise your fund on a more (ah lack of english here) involve pattern from the community, and then once project is done offer a discount or even a free version to those involve ppl..So again big hug to you you got all my gratitude...

Zakarijah

I love making maps!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doodads is basically done AFAIK, not sure when it'll be released. Event chase and stealth are being worked on. <3

Not going to spoil the surprise for anyone, but Doodads has some really cool new features too. :D

I think my heart just died those are the only two I need aside from a JP/skil Learning system and my project is ported in FULL! :D

Rayhaku808

Chubbizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll throw my wallet at anything you guys put out, whether I use it or not. That's how much I appreciate the work you guys put into this stuff.

Elgigante94

PROJECT 1
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French, Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Guys, anybody have more info about the "Limit" feature into the BattleCore?
1598313382644.png
The attack is always available while (if i'm not wrong) it have to be a king of "Transe/ Overkill attack" ?

Thanks!

Proxxie_Desu

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As far as paying more for the non-obfuscated code, I will discuss with my teammates on the matter. However, keep in mind that this is neither a promise nor is it guaranteed. This is because some of my teammates are victims of theft in the past, and I do not feel like I would make a good team leader if I can allow such a thing to happen to them again in the future.

Glad to hear it, and I hope it comes to pass. I'd gladly buy the unobfuscated code, provided it wasn't exorbitantly expensive. Of course, I imagine the sorts of people who ripped you off before would, too.

Does this code \\N<\\N[1]> no longer work in new plugins?

YEP code for nameplates doesn't currently work in the VS plugin. I did create a utility that converts your maps from YEP nameplate code to MZ's new way of handling names, but I haven't tested it much yet. It can also convert a few other things from YEP message plugins (like bold/italic and macros.) It's posted here. Let me know if it doesn't actually do what it's supposed to (but I won't be taking feature requests.)

Knightmare

Knight of the Night
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hello!

I'm going to be here to answer some specific questions. I apologize if I cannot answer all of them, but I'll do my best to address the topics that raise the most concern.

Regarding: Victory Aftermath

There's a few things:

Victory Aftermath is a luxury plugin. It's not a core plugin. It's does not add in new mechanics. It is not a requirement for RPG's. Plus, we have decided to leave this outside of the Battle Core because we know that other plugin developers are most likely going to create their own Victory Aftermaths (just as they do for for main menu layouts for example).

The other thing is, I've opted to not port my version of Victory Aftermath to RPG Maker MZ. Why? Because it's incredibly clunky. Like clunkier than the 20 year old truck your neighbor keeps around and spends more money maintaining than buying a new car type of clunky. So clunky that the robots in Steampunk games make less noise. That kind of clunky. It's embarrassing I even released something like that, to be honest.

For that reason, I've enlisted Olivia to port over her Victory Sequence UI as a stand in for Victory Aftermath. But as my budget is limited, I cannot fully buy the rights off her to keep it free. We've all decided at this point, it would be better to keep it as a commercial plugin in RMMZ, just like it was in RMMV. The purchases here will go towards her and her continuation of creating plugins for the future VisuStella MZ library. This will help lighten the budget as she is a core member of the plugin development team.

Regarding: Obfuscation

I know this matter is more or less settled, but I feel it won't hurt to reiterate.

The reason why these plugins are obfuscated is because they contain code borrowed from my teammates in their public, commercial, and some private works. The obfuscation is there to protect their code. I have no plans on jeopardizing their livelihoods as that would be betraying their trust, and I, as their team member, have no intentions of violating this trust.

We know that it's much harder to edit obfuscated code, so we have made sure to include plenty of customization options available. These come in the form of highly customizable plugin parameters, some of which you can insert and modify JavaScript code in, along with plenty of JavaScript notetags. It's not a perfect solution, I know that. There won't be as perfect a solution as being able to edit the code directly. But we are always looking for ways to let you do the most with the plugins as we can allow.

If there's any anger towards the obfuscation of code in the VisuStella MZ plugins, direct it at me. Do not direct it at my teammates.

Regarding: Future Plugins Plans and What Will Be Ported

Oh boy...

Where do I even begin with this one...

There's... a lot, planned in the pipeline. Practically every other major contributing plugin from the Yanfly Engine Plugins library is being ported over. I've given priority to those who have higher ranked positions based on downloads under the analytics since I'd like to give attention towards the unheard voices, too.

I cannot give an exact time table, because we've only really had the chance to catch our breath (kinda) during the past few days, but I can say this.

Near Future:
- Victory Aftermath (Olivia port)
- Button Common Events
- Picture Common Events
- TileD
- Quest Journal System
- Party Changing System
- Doodads

After that, there will be a focus on porting over the remainder of the Yanfly Engine Plugins libraries (minus the ones that got very little use, gotta budget after all).

Olivia will also be porting over her OctoPack Battle plugins from RPG Maker MV to RPG Maker MZ. She has been temporarily assigned off of the YEP porting duty to focus on the OctoPack plugins and bring them to MZ earlier. She will resume giving us a hand after their ports are done. These will be made compatible with the VisuStella MZ library.

Irina's visual novel systems will also be ported over from RPG Maker MV to MZ soon after and made compatible with the rest of the VisuStella MZ library. However, Irina is placed on duty to focus primarily on ports from the YEP library currently.

Alice's horror game private plugin collection is also in the works of being ported over to MZ and will be sold publicly for the first time. Like Irina, she is also placed on duty to focus primarily on ports from the YEP library currently.

Thank you!

Thanks for addressing these things. I'll definitely purchase the upcoming Quest Journal and when you guys get to it the Class Change System, JP/Skill Learn System, Multiple Currencies, and Stat Distribution. You guys do your thing and release things when you can. I disagree with you about your old Victory Aftermath though, I thought it was fine, not too bulky or too light, I kind of rolled my eyes when people were complaining about "too many screens, etc" when there's like 2 screens.

As a concerned "citizen" of RPG Maker community I implore you all to take things at a methodical pace, don't get too in a hurry or feel like you need to rush things out too quickly. Take your time, it's ok. Better that you guys have fun doing this and do it at a pace that doesn't make you hate your life or the community or make you want to quit the new team. Y'alls physical and mental health is more important than releasing plugins at breakneck speeds and appeasing the few disgruntled people who will likely never be satisfied.

I'll throw my wallet at anything you guys put out, whether I use it or not. That's how much I appreciate the work you guys put into this stuff.

Same here pretty much. I know I shouldn't because I probably won't use half the plugins but the plugins are so well done that I feel like I need to have them on hand just in case.

K2loid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No rush, & I'm willing to pay for any big non-essential additions. They're essential to me, in my heart of hearts, and worth the money spent. You all have made so many wonderful plugins that "waiting" for a favourite just means eating good with old essential standbys.

EDIT: Not sure if this has been addressed, but the VS8s are like...really really badly designed, because they're competing for space with movement. I can't really think of a use for bubble poses that force the character to exclusively face downward when the bubble is used, both in a lack of options for how to set up an event scene & the fact that even if you pose the character so it's not clear they aren't emoting like they would in frontview, the bubble will force the character to look down anyway.

Posing desperately needs its own sheets. If you go row-by-row, you can get a lot of extra room for 24 static poses, only 10~15 of which are bubbles, freeing up the VS8 pose for, idk, 8-directional sneaking?

I also don't know what "item" & "humph" means at all. Could really do with a reference image overall.

Last edited:

Leprikon01

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
YEP code for nameplates doesn't currently work in the VS plugin. I did create a utility that converts your maps from YEP nameplate code to MZ's new way of handling names, but I haven't tested it much yet. It can also convert a few other things from YEP message plugins (like bold/italic and macros.) It's posted here. Let me know if it doesn't actually do what it's supposed to (but I won't be taking feature requests.)
The text in my games is not in maps, but in separate files.

Attachments

• Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.25 - 09.18.47.92.png
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.08.25 - 09.18.47.92.png
    242.4 KB · Views: 14

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's funny, the only reason I haven't actually released a prototype or demo is not that I don't have one. Hahahahahaha I do, I've had a prototype for months. I'm really just concerned with someone taking it, and putting it up on Steam or something first, then saying it's theirs. I should probably look into setting all that up or something... Then again, I have no ETA on the full game so not sure it's worth it yet.
Pixel Grass Sprites, Questing & Fast Traveling w/ Items, Sci-fi & Distorted Music | RPG Maker News #35

Is it me or while modifying RTP style SV Actor sets to make them taller, the idle animation is the hardest to get right? I think it's because that's the one that you see most so seeing pixels that look wrong make you constantly seek to correct that.
Marquise* wrote on KazukiT's profile.
*cybermental hugs for the rainy days*
Thanks for the visit
Test thử cái nào! : nụ cười:
Các bác sĩ cho biết thêm:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wingstreet