Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, with the help of the wondrous @Tea's Jams , I managed to get my TileD map working. Of course, I still have some work to do with collisionsm, sprite offseting etc, but I also have another issue. As you can see, the map "loop" (incorrectly, I may add) despite not being meant to do so. I'm wondering why this happens and how to make it NOT happen as it's super ugly.

TileD size and RPG Maker size: 20*20 tiles, TileD tile size 24*24.

Also, I'd like to highlight how using Tiled map will give you always their surface to walk, even if you take out the surface in MZ. On the other hand, events won't have room to appear, obviously.

Attachments

• unknown (1).png
    unknown (1).png
    90.2 KB · Views: 11

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the pixel numbers need to fit - how large is the TileD picture?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the map created by TileD

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, like in the first post I asked for the pixel numbers, not the number of tiles, as you seem to have worked with different tilesizes.

If you made a 20x20 tile map in the editor/engine, then that would be a 960x960 pixel map unless you changed the gridsize of 48 pixel per tile with a plugin.
But what is the total pixel size of the map you made in TileD? That needs to be identical.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for your help.
no, like in the first post I asked for the pixel numbers, not the number of tiles, as you seem to have worked with different tilesizes.
I'm not sure where it specifies the pixel size in TileD, but the exported image claims to be 480*480.
If you made a 20x20 tile map in the editor/engine, then that would be a 960x960 pixel map unless you changed the gridsize of 48 pixel per tile with a plugin.
I did think about this to be honest, but I couldn't get it to work. Plus there's the issue of the slight offset of characters and events with TileD map, but I'll have to think about it another time.
But what is the total pixel size of the map you made in TileD? That needs to be identical.
Unless I'm wrong, 480*480

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
then the map in the engine needs to be set to 10x10 tiles as that is 480x480 pixel.
as said above the pixel sizes need to be identical

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I did that, but this is the final result. I'm not sure how right that is as the events were supposed to mark the 3 corners of the map, but the walkable surface is much bigger. There's something I'm missing, I'm sure.

Attachments

• maperror.png
    maperror.png
    175.8 KB · Views: 3

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So, I checked, and somehow putting the map in RPG Maker at 20*20 DOES allow to cover for the entirety of the map, but still doesn't get rid of the visual glitch.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Archeia sorry to ping directly but AFAIK there isn't a dedicated TileD RPG maker forum. Do you know why this would be happening, please?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
After discussion, and for future reference for other users, this happens if your screen resolution is bigger than your map size. Your minimum map size has to be (screen resolution x / tile size) x (screen resolution y / tile size). If it's returning a decimal, round it up.
1643020655354.png

If your screen resolution is 816x624 and you have 24x24 tiles, then the minimum size is 34x26.
If your screen resolution is 1280x720 and you have 24x24 tiles, then the minimum size is 54x30.
If your screen resolution is 1600x1080 and you have 24x24 tiles, then the minimum size is 67x45

The bigger your screen resolution, the more tiles it needs to render and it will affect performance. I highly don't recommend anything bigger than 1280x720.

Last edited:

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Just as a reminder for the slow/dense like me, screen resolution has to be understood as "project resolution", as opposed to your DESKTOP resolution. Multitasking makes everything more complicated!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ngl i feel like im morbin out
I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Combat skill combination demostration

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moplay