Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have installed Vlue's Combo script, but as I am at a very early stage of planning, no combo skills exist yet.

However, even so, under certain conditions I get this error message.
upload_2018-5-12_8-48-43.png

line 154 is
Code:
    if SceneManager.scene.is_a?(Scene_Battle) and user.current_action.combo
I assume this means that the script thinks at this point that it ought to be kicking in, can't find what it's looking for, and so throws an error.

The conditions under which this happens is when an actor is hit while using Guard. This is not 100% guaranteed, sometimes it does not happen. What I think (but cannot be sure about) is that when it does happen it is because of the way I have set up my Guard skill. I have given it a 20% chance for one turn that the actor will counter attack. [See EDIT below]

Is that explanation the only one? Will I have to choose between combo skills and an enhanced guard skill?
I await your answers with the keenest anticipation - and dread, as I don't want to have to choose either/or.

Thanks.

EDIT
I am now sure that it is counter attack which is the problem. I removed the counter attack from Guard, but I still have another actor with a passive ability to counter attack. When he is hit and counters, the error occurs.

Last edited:

Isabella Ava

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe replace 154-157 into this will solve it?
if user.actor?
value += user.current_action.extra_damage
value *= item.combo_damage if item.is_a?(RPG::Skill)
end
end

Reactions: Kes

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is saying there is no current_action for user.

Change this:
Code:
to this:
Code:
if SceneManager.scene.is_a?(Scene_Battle) and user.current_action and user.current_action.combo
edit: oops - the above might work too

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Isabella Ava It still threw the same error message. But thanks for the suggestion.

@Shaz Not sure what your "oops" referred to, but the line in your post now seems to have done the trick. Yaay! Who says choices are a good thing? Now I don't have to choose.
Thank you. Once more you've saved the day.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
oops meant I posted before reading the post above. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to give you a second option, just in case ;)

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Shaz And a good thing you did.

[mod]Closing as query solved.[/mod]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:
Traps, detecting traps, and disarming traps including treasure traps have now been implemented into my Might and Magic-inspired project. If you don't want to get hurt, you better have a character who focuses on the perception skill, and you better have a character who focuses on the disarm skill!

Done tinkering a project idea for MZ, time to make a little document and wait for the release... :kaoswt:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asuraguy