Vlue's Recipes assist (Advanced Recipe Crafting v1.2)

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Gravemaster, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Gravemaster

Gravemaster Lord Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Hey, so I've been using Vlue's Advanced Recipe Crafting for a while. The script works great, but I have two problems with it:

1)The script uses what is called "exp deprac", a system that reduces the crafting exp gained from crafting depending on the player's crafting level. can we make it so that the exp deprac starts working from the REQUIRED crafting level of each recipe rather than my general crafting level?

For example, if I have lvl 5 alchemy and I want to make a healing potion awarding 50 exp, with required crafting level level 4 and exp deprac 10, I want the potion to give me 40 (50-10) exp rather than 0.

2)As I update the recipes often, there are changes on the formulas constantly. Already-existing games do not recognise the changes, loading the previous versions instead. Can you make it so that every time I open the crafting window, the system updates my already found recipes with their most recent requirements? (or some other solution, that was the simplest I could think).

Your names will be added to the credits of my game: Broken Reality.

2. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm pretty sure that would be a big rewrite of the code to make it read external data. Since if you have the values set in the script and then change it, any saved game will not 'pick up' the new values.
    There are scripts to read external data files, but that may only be half your solution.
    I leave it to the ruby experts to comment.