BBBen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Is there any chance there's any way at all to keep a music track playing when a scene transition happens? I ask because I'm not just using tiny little 25 second loops of BGM; I have a proper soundtrack in my game. I think I need to break up my scenes a lot more for the engine to be able to handle loading the resources, though, so I would really, really like a way to keep the soundtrack continuously playing even when I do a "change scene" transition.

I've asked a roughly similar question before and was told no, so I'm sorry to even have to bring it up again, but it's just a major blow to the game design if I have to basically cut the entire main soundtrack. Is there some kind of possible work around for this?

EDIT: Is there, say, some possible way to script that kind of thing in JavaScript? I don't have that kind of skill, but maybe I could find someone to help me with it if it's possible.

Last edited:

BlueBomber000

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you set the uncheck the "Autoplay BGM" box of the destination map (that is, the one to which you are transitioning) of your scene, it *should* carry over whatever BGM music is playing at the time the transition happens. Alternatively, you could set the BGM to the same track as the one from the previous scene and it will continue uninterrupted.

Hope that helps!

BBBen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
If you set the uncheck the "Autoplay BGM" box of the destination map (that is, the one to which you are transitioning) of your scene, it *should* carry over whatever BGM music is playing at the time the transition happens. Alternatively, you could set the BGM to the same track as the one from the previous scene and it will continue uninterrupted.

Hope that helps!
Oh, sorry, I should clarify, this is for Visual Novel Maker. The forums seem to make it hard for people to tell when I'm posting there. :) So thanks, but I don't think the first suggestion would work here.

I do wonder about the latter thing you suggested, though - if it might be able to carry across that way. Worth a try, at least.

EDIT: No, sadly, it doesn't seem to save the place in the audio. Although I could certainly make something work if I could just figure out a way to save the point in the track and start it again in another scene.

EDIT EDIT: If I maybe had some script to stop the music and record what position it's in, then start the music in that same position after the load, perhaps that would work? I don't know - I'm a little out of my depth here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jloppnow