Vocaloid General

Chorvaqueen

Professional Tonio Apologist
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I searched for a bit and there doesn't seem to be a thread about this yet.

If I missed it, please link me thank you!

Thought it might be a good idea to start a Vocaloid general thread where we can talk about...well, Vocaloid.

So I'll start, I got into Vocaloid around 2011 and only got interested in owning a copy around December 2013. Fast forward today, I now own 10 Vocaloids, (7 English libraries, 3 Spanish). I mostly draw/contribute fanart but I do random song covers too. I am primarily interested in manipulating the vocals to "talk" but that's not exactly the intended purpose of this software and it's not easy to do.

My favourite Vocaloid is Leon (when it comes to using the actual software), character-wise my favourite is Tonio.

--

Feel free to talk about UTAU (and other vocal synthesizers too!)

Last edited:

byBibo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I'll get first to answer, without any real surprise //rmwforums.s3.amazonaws.com/emoticons/default_wink.gif

I got into Vocaloid in 2008, like a month after Luka's release. My first Vocaloid song was "kokoro x kiseki".

My first vocaloid was Sonika, because my main goal was/is to make them sing in french, and Sonika was said to virtually be able to sing every language. I then got Big Al and Leon, and since then, my Vocalo family kept growing. My all time favourite are Sonika, SeeU and Kaito.

I'm not much active today because of College (and because my vocaloid computer meets the end of its life) but i keep listening to vocalo songs and talkloids. ^^

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

The Icecream Princess
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have Vocaloid too! I only have kagamine rin and Hatsune Miku, but Kagamine is my favourite anyway! I listen to Vocaloid songs every now and again but I'm really rubbish at the software so I've never been able to make a good song with it...  :|

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I have Hatsune, the twins and Luka in V2, and have them in a few songs. I even arranged 14 x-mas songs with them as leads. My favorite so far in my "Little Drummer Luka" (little drummer boy performed by Luka, obviously).

As for vocal quality, you can get rid of some of the "mechanical" sound if you run it through some filters. Works better on the male voices then the female ones, however.

Arisa

probably dead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have Vocaloid too! I only have kagamine rin and Hatsune Miku, but Kagamine is my favourite anyway! I listen to Vocaloid songs every now and again but I'm really rubbish at the software so I've never been able to make a good song with it...  :|
Ya know, you can't buy Kagamine Rin by herself... Anyway, I have quite a few, I should put P in my name, lol

Perr_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
In Korea, a major broadcaster(SBS) made a Vocaloid 'SeeU'. The voice of SeeU was a K-Pop group girl.

Everything seem fine.. however,

The K-Pop girl committed some crimes like affair and threat.. from that day, SeeU lost her voice  :dizzy:

MRD256

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know much about the Vocaloids, but my favorite might have to be Kagemine Rin (or Rin Kagemine)

Chorvaqueen

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In Korea, a major broadcaster(SBS) made a Vocaloid 'SeeU'. The voice of SeeU was a K-Pop group girl.

Everything seem fine.. however,

The K-Pop girl committed some crimes like affair and threat.. from that day, SeeU lost her voice :dizzy:
SeeU is still available for sale though but I guess you mean there will be zero chance of future products/projects with Dahee. We do have UNI now as the 2nd Korean Vocaloid though.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Blessed! Thank you!
I got into Vocaloid just last year, through a friend of mine. The first song I listened to was Okaa-san by Miku. I don't have any Vocaloids, but sure as heck, I'm tempted. My favourite producer is MOTHY and my favourite Vocaloid is KAITO. My favourite songs are all MOTHY songs (What a surprise): Judgement of Corruption, Servant of Evil, and Daughter of White.

My all time favourite are Sonika, SeeU and Kaito.
:kaojoy:Yes! Finally a KAITO fan! I've met way too many GUMI fans out there, and it gets on my nerves.

Shugo

Low Life Hiomaika Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Stares at sunset, got to know vocaloid when I was starting to watch more anime and etc online.
But only started to do fanart and look up for it more around half of 2011 more or less.
I only own Maika right now (and have Bruno and Clara DVD, but didn't buy them... yet), but if everything goes wrong, maybe sometime I'll get Aoki Lapis or Yohioloid.

Chorvaqueen

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
pls, you need to make your OTP game stronger so get Hio

Shugo

Low Life Hiomaika Enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the conversion of USD to BRL + taxes for Hio DVD would kill my wallet 100% sobs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Oddball wrote on The_Sarah's profile.
Today: started the Army HQ. I opted for a bulky, heavy design.
Did YOU know that "$game_switches[55] = true" and "$game_switches[055] = true" do completely different things, and you should never leave a zero in? I didn't. :p
mzActor2.png mzSF_Actor2.png, mzSchoolActor2.png added!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leojungneves