Not open for further replies.

EtphTheElephant

Advanced Elephant
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to somehow make a character speak while their dialogue is being displayed?

Pugh95Bear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Create the sound file that has the dialogue spoken. Import the sound file (.ogg probably recommended) to, I would say, sound effects (not at my computer to see ACE's Folders). When you interact with the event, have it set something like this:

PLAY SE: Dialogue1

Show Text:

"I hope this helps."

If you have more than one page you want to have spoken at one time, obviously you would just repeat this pattern. I hope this helps.

EDIT: By page, I mean Text Box

Last edited by a moderator:

LuciferSynd

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I am using voiceacting in my own game.

I had many friends helping me with their voices, so it doesn't sound the same over and over.

What you can do, as I did, is try to match as well pauses in the voiceact inside the text, using the pause commands (\| for one second or \. for a quarter of second).

Pugh95Bear

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What you can do, as I did, is try to match as well pauses in the voiceact inside the text, using the pause commands (\| for one second or \. for a quarter of second).
How do you find out those pause commands, and how can you tell the system where to pause each speech part? Or did I read that wrong?

Roopiez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
How do you find out those pause commands, and how can you tell the system where to pause each speech part? Or did I read that wrong?
If you hover over the textbox where you type in your dialogue, a window should appear showing you all the available commands.

Screenshot in case you cannot get it to appear:

http://prntscr.com/25mhbm

Roopiez

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No problem!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Pugh95Bear don't hijack someone else's thread to ask a question. Always make your own.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm playing DQ:XI DE in 2d mode with the synthesized soundtrack, the only way a RPGMAKER creator should play it. :D
:/ it really get on my nerves reading stuff about how to write a resume and they say things like "turn your failures into wins!!!" ... no interview Ive ever had cared to hear anything about my failures, and why would they :( ?
"Huh? You haven't backed up yet? *menacing stare* "
Been having a lot of fun playing Hearts of Iron IV. Had to restart a few times, but now I've finally conquerd Europe with my Axis friends, and am currently invading the Soviet Union.
Guess I'll rework all the existing screens in my game. Except of the save/battle screen. For this I will be lazy and use Yanfly. With my current pace it'll take a few months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luspeon