Voice Acting

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Levi, Aug 12, 2012.

1. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    These are my voice auditions for an upcoming RPG video game called Echoes of Eternea that was more than successful in its Kickstarter funding. The game is slightly relevant because it started on the VX engine, until they moved it to C# and C++.

Levi likes this.
  2. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Sexy
    2sexy
    I'd do anything for you.Right, then. Enough of that tom-foolery.

Brilliant! Very thorough audition. Hope you get it!

3. Gomi Boy

Gomi Boy   Veteran

First Language:
    the truth
    Hah, not bad! This could be a pretty big thing on someone's resume. Best of luck!

(There was something here about giving it a shot for practice, but I see they took down most of the test scripts as the roles were filled. Oh, well!)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  4. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I didn't get the roles but two good voice acting friends of mine whom I've worked with before got those two parts :3

One fandub role I did a while ago was

. (skip to 2min mark)

5. Gomi Boy

Gomi Boy   Veteran

First Language:
    the truth
    Oh, dear. Forum Rule Number One: You do not dub over Liam O'Brien.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2012
  6. McTricky

McTricky Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Oh, don't get me wrong. I absolutely love Liam O'Brien, but Caius's character was a role I wanted to try out. xD

7. Based MG

Based MG Disco Walker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Amateur voice actor here; I seem to notice that when I do voices they sound unique and different to my ears, but when I hit record it just sounds like my normal voice is doing weird things to itself. This has been a bit of a deterrent to my voice acting, and as such I haven't really done much. I have one "acted" scene that I did through improv just for shits n' grins, but it just doesn't sound good and definitely doesn't sound like what I was hearing while doing the voice acting.

On a different note, how would one go about acting out the various grunts and shouts a character would make when doing attacks? Like in Zelda when Link attacks, he grunts or yells or something, and I can't really do stuff like that without it sounding forced. This would be for an Action System like

, for reference.

Levi likes this.
  8. Levi

Levi Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Decent! I can definitely hear that it is forced, which, with enough practice, can be sanded away. Granted, I'm no VA/VO master, or even novice... haha.

Actually do the actions. Some Developer diaries show the Voice Actors at work, and many sit behind the mic flailing like mad! Swinging invisible swords! Even when acting a scene with dialogue, they throw their hands up in the air... contort their faces. The more physical, the better, it seems.

9. Based MG

Based MG Disco Walker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yeah, I just need to get used to actually shouting instead of "forcing volume", especially since now I have the house to myself.

Indeed, that was what I thought as well. Thanks for the tips, friend. :)

Levi likes this.