Voice for Attack, Battle, Victory ... (jap)

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Lots of decent quality resources, but I personally think games intended for english-speaking audiences should avoid adding Japanese battlecries. I kind of feel it comes off as trying too hard to impersonate a foreign game. The only time I think it's kind of cool is if the character is actually Japanese and other characters speak english or their own language.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If I find something similar in other languages I will post it here ;-)

demonhead

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for sharing it, I'm trying to finish a game about learning Japanese. So I can use some of the voices to make it more immersive.

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
[...]I personally think games intended for english-speaking audiences should avoid adding Japanese battlecries.
Well, the screams like 「Argh!」 and so on are fine for every language, I think. A shame that I didn't found this site earlier, because I bought japanese royalty free voice packs just for the screams and laughs. In my opinion japanese voice actors are really good with battle cries. However that's my personal opinion.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I haven't given much thought on using different languages until now. But now I know that I want to have at least a guy from Bavaria "Oktoberfest" Germany, a hillbilly from the Southern States and an African Voodoo Doctor ("ey maan") with combat quotes in my game in addition to the Japanese Samurai ;-)

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Pretty awesome, I was getting worried that I was running out of male voices, I thank you. *Bows*

andrechan

Only hungry when asked
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wow. Good find. Not sure what to use it for but will save it. Some people DO like jap VO over english ones. So might help, depending on the audience

Tobbx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Some of the music sounds awesome. I just want to be sure that it's original compositions and not covers on any AAA games or something. 

Last edited by a moderator:

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll use this as a placeholder until I can hire voice actors
Japanese will suit my project as the party are all from japan xD

Panda

Level 15 Fluffy Bear
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know this is a pretty old thread by now, but I'd also be interested if anyone could provide some input into whether or not the music on this site is original. There's some absolutely fantastic pieces in there.

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Are there any japanese girl voices? This website seems like it's only guys

Tobbx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
I know this is a pretty old thread by now, but I'd also be interested if anyone could provide some input into whether or not the music on this site is original. There's some absolutely fantastic pieces in there.
Terms of Use- Assets must be downloaded before use (no direct linking) 

- All assets are free of charge, but all copyrights vest with YouFulca (Yufuruka). 

The assets can not be repackaged on a CD or in data form for resale or distribution. 

(You are of course welcome to store them on a CD, iPod, or other media for your own personal use) 

- Assets can be freely edited to suit your needs. 

You can also cut and loop pieces from a song or add effects to a voice asset to make it sound like a different person. 

- With the exception of arrangements of Touhou tracks and assets exclusively for RPG Maker, any asset can be used. 

They can be for amateur projects, free or paid projects, adult projects, commercial projects, film, anime, theater, and any other use. 

- Arrangements of Touhou BGM (Touhou Remix) can, as a rule, only be used in Touhou Project derivative works. 

The assets can be used in any manner provided they meet the conditions of the Touhou Project Derivative Works Guidelines. 

- Modified assets from the RPG Maker series (described as "Maker-only") can only be used in works created with RPG Maker. 

They can not be used in games made ​​in Wolf RPG Editor or other tools. When using the above assets, also read the RPG Maker official terms 

of use to ensure compliance. 

Notification of use and copyright notation- The work or web site must include the name YouFulca (Yufuruka) or the name of this web site (Wingless Seraph). 

(If such notation would negatively affect the presentation of the work, the above is not required.) 

- Optional: I would be very excited to hear an announcement from you on the BBS regarding your using the assets. 

- Optional: I would be elated and cry tears of joy if you linked back to this web site. 

Miscellaneous- This site and its operator waive all responsibility for any issues or damages that result from the use of content (assets, web pages, etc.) found herein. 

- The content (assets, web pages, etc.) found on this web site may be subject to change or deletion without prior warning. 

- These terms of use (disclaimers, prohibitions, etc.) may be revised without prior warning. 

Tobbx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
As far as i can tell, they should be okay to use with proper credits. Im not going commerical or anything. But i'm using them. The only thing to be careful with is the RPG Maker specific ones where you have to own a licence to the specified maker to use them. 

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Tobbx, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Shiroi Akuma

Shut up and take my Monet    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
@DragonSoftware you will find on this site, plenty of female voices: http://stock.freem.ne.jp/audio/voice

From young to old, from idle talk to attacks, scream and so on.

Please be aware that not all samples have the same license, as soon you download one of these the watermark will vanish, but you need an account for the site. 

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks i'll have a look

NarikoStudios

Lover of Catgirls
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks i'll have a look

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Chilling out while toodling around someone's painstaking Minecraft recreation of Disneyland. It is mind-boggling and probably as close as I'll ever be to going.
>Testing with fonts change.
>Tries installing a plugin. Doesn't work.
>Tries changing the plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Tries installing another plugin. Doesn't work.
>Changes a few more plugin commands. Doesn't work.
>Goes directly to the gamefont file and changes the src. Works.

YYEEEAAAAHHHAAAA

Perseverance is key, bois and girls.
What Reviews say on RPG Maker MZ?
Looking back at some sketches, and game design documents on my PC dated summer of 2015. I started development with the release of MZ, but in 2015, I felt a strong desire to make a game out of the blue. I remember feeling sad for no apparent reason, and all these ideas rushed into my head. Now that I think about it, since that day, everything has become easier to do on my PC . . . it’s very creepy.
Everything's going to be alright! We're all in this together. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
4kWave