The Bird King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a script that would play a sound as text is being drawn on the screen, something similar to ds and gameboy rpgs where a mumble plays when characters talk, in the characters voice.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
well, if the text is drawn via events, just use a play SE command... if it's via scripts, play it via the script equivalent...

The Bird King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
well, if the text is drawn via events, just use a play SE command... if it's via scripts, play it via the script equivalent...
But how would I set it so the sound would play until all the text is drawn and stop when all the text is drawn. Is there a way to set up a common event that checks if text is being drawn and play a sound effect when it is?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After the Show Text command, do a Stop SE command. This will also stop multiple voices playing over each other if the player closes text boxes quickly and the sound hasn't finished yet.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

5704B969-117A-4542-9747-8E59DEF9A646.jpeg
I use this image as a joke with my students. If you are creating a horror game, this would be the perfect, subtle hint to the player that here there be Vampires!
So I managed to scare my chief. Between shifts I had an appointment with my psychiatrist, so prior to it I'd told him "If I ain't coming today, they've kept me there.". Then as I was asleep, my phone died. So I overslept and through the entire time I was unreachable.
I spent so much time toiling in VX Ace frankensteining scripts together only for MV to come along and just... have everything.

The overworld tool system in particular I thought was gonna take me a million years to recreate, but nope. Thanks Moghunter.
Going to go live way earlier than usual tonight, pretty much in 20 minutes, purely because I'm bored. :LZSlol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cacatpisat