The Bird King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a script that would play a sound as text is being drawn on the screen, something similar to ds and gameboy rpgs where a mumble plays when characters talk, in the characters voice.

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
well, if the text is drawn via events, just use a play SE command... if it's via scripts, play it via the script equivalent...

The Bird King

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
well, if the text is drawn via events, just use a play SE command... if it's via scripts, play it via the script equivalent...
But how would I set it so the sound would play until all the text is drawn and stop when all the text is drawn. Is there a way to set up a common event that checks if text is being drawn and play a sound effect when it is?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After the Show Text command, do a Stop SE command. This will also stop multiple voices playing over each other if the player closes text boxes quickly and the sound hasn't finished yet.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Uploaded a new Video today where I play Minecraft "The Bridge" please check it out & let me know what you think of it!
I normally only post these every 24 hours, but same-sex marriage is coming to Rune Factory 5 and I just wanted to share it with the world! https://www.xseedgames.com/2021/09/23/rune-factory-5-localization-blog-2/
Today was wild. In the day I worked in my project (and realized I have almost 100 hours wich is a happy surprise), and now i'm having to calm my boyfriend down because of chris pratt Mario.
Mr_Petue wrote on GamchiSamwise's profile.
hey pepe, why do you have a gun on your head? where is wojak?
Still alive! Totally did not finish in time for the Jam (boy that's late) but tl;dr of the last half a year is Work term -> Covid Lockdown -> Sick... again -> Full time Employment. Game stuff has been on hiatus but got a new graphics tablet so hopefully updates again soon. =D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notbrandon47