Teach

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So here's my situation. For my latest boss gimmick, I wanted to have him be voiced. I was able to execute it dialoguewise. But that was not enough. I also wanted him to shout out lines during combat.

I figured I'd create a Common Event for each attack that would have him say one of three random lines (I put these voiceclips under Sound Effects (SE)). I put the Common Event in the skill's Effects. And oddly enough...it worked.

Problem: The voiceclip plays AFTER the Skill is executed. Usually the voiceclip is supposed to play BEFORE the skill is executed so that it plays during the Skill's runtime.

Is there any way to change this and make the voiceclip play BEFORE the move is executed?

Kaas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An option would be to give the boss his own animations and put the voice lines as sound clips inside of those, that way it can be timed before or during the animation visually playing :)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In your MZ installation folder (not your project folder) there should be a dlc\BasicResources folder, one of those sub-folders has a BattleVoice plugin.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In your MZ installation folder (not your project folder) there should be a dlc\BasicResources folder, one of those sub-folders has a BattleVoice plugin.
That plugin however has no tutorial or instructions, or if they exist they're in japanese, I am not sure how it can/should be used?

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That plugin however has no tutorial or instructions, or if they exist they're in japanese, I am not sure how it can/should be used?
I don't know if you're somehow looking at the wrong plugin or have your MZ language settings set screwily, but it's in perfectly legible English for me.

battlevoice.jpg

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know if you're somehow looking at the wrong plugin or have your MZ language settings set screwily, but it's in perfectly legible English for me.

View attachment 246259
I might have looked at a very old version as I don't think I ever checked it after the initial release. Thanks for pointing this out!

Hopefully it's enough for OP, it would be better if the plugin was able to look into subfolders I'm sure.

Teach

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Found the file. Copied it into my plugins folder. Nothing's happening. The plugin doesn't appear in the game at all when I look for plugins.

Dark_Ansem

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Found the file. Copied it into my plugins folder. Nothing's happening. The plugin doesn't appear in the game at all when I look for plugins.
Please post a screenshot of your folder and the plugin window.

oh, and in case you're using VisuMZ sample project, there is an issue with the options menu.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am doing the evaluation of the feedback from the students who played my game and the comments are killing me. "it was good, we just did not have any smart trains of thought" xD
My goal this month will be to get back to organizing assets and make a prototype scene with multiple airships hovering or flying over the world map.
Having a hard time getting playtesters for one of my Unity games. No one seems to be interested. :/
I fiddled around a little with a layout for some kind of character cards to accompany the what the MZ RTP is missing so people can see at first glance which characters have which graphics. Just not sure if I really wanna do and maintain that for all the characters xD
card.png
Example is Kasey who is all RTP and some emos by 冷やっこ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucifer821