derge12

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
finnish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I need some help coming up skills for voodooist class.

The class im making is more of support and status effect inflicting class with low normal attack power and his weapons are knifes and magic dolls.

ericv00

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Voodoo dolls with a 100% hit rate

Some sort of love potion-type thing, maybe makes enemies attack their own allies or perhaps prevents an ally from being targeted.

Something zombie-related. Zombie powder, maybe makes enemies susceptible to certain types of magic elemental. Holy water, maybe, as a one-two combination that does more damage.

An MP saping ability. Counter Spell

If luck is a useful stat in your game, something that increases luck. Fortune Charm, Luck Spell, Luck Favor

"Reading bones" as some sort of scanning spell that lets you see enemy stats.

A self-harming "Bleed" ability that sacrifices a little HP to heal a lot of HP to an ally, or reverse status effects, or increase damage for an ally, or something.

I dunno, those are a few thoughts. Consider that voodoo is something with real-world practicioners, so you could look up see what those people actually claim they can do. (I definitely don't know) I've just thrown down some basic voodoo trope-y things.

Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Research, research, research.

See first how real-world voodoo works, then draw upon that as an example for your game.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
voodoo requires a reference to the subject for the spell to work: a lock of hair, a personal token, etc.
you won't affect a random enemy with voodooism as you would with shamanism or outright sorcery.

you can make it so that it would affect allies who can provide such token, more than enemies.

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With all these suggestions, you can also keep in mind that you can make it up entirely to fit the mechanics of your game. I'm not arguing what others have said doesn't make sound, logical sense (because it does), but this is also a fictitious world you create. The only real rules you are bound by are the rules you create.

Shoot, I wanted a giant crab to be an enemy in the forest part of a map.. so, I colored him purple, gave him poison attacks, a bubble spray, a fire slash, and named it a Mud Crab.
We don't have to explain every little detail of our fantasy setting into existence. You don't have to call it Voodooism. It doesn't have to "seem" like it's real world counterpart.

So long as the player understands the concept and the mechanics of the class/skills. :)
-MIA

Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
With all these suggestions, you can also keep in mind that you can make it up entirely to fit the mechanics of your game. I'm not arguing what others have said doesn't make sound, logical sense (because it does), but this is also a fictitious world you create. The only real rules you are bound by are the rules you create.

Shoot, I wanted a giant crab to be an enemy in the forest part of a map.. so, I colored him purple, gave him poison attacks, a bubble spray, a fire slash, and named it a Mud Crab.
We don't have to explain every little detail of our fantasy setting into existence. You don't have to call it Voodooism. It doesn't have to "seem" like it's real world counterpart.

So long as the player understands the concept and the mechanics of the class/skills. :)
-MIA
To be honest, there are already lots of fantasy stories and games that take creative liberties, at most times to where the thing is simply an "in-name-only". It would be more interesting at this point if the fantasy analogue of the real-world thing were depicted accurately; where it applies, of course.

Of course, that's just my perspective, speaking as a fellow creator. That and I'm not sure if OP wants to actually call it Voodoo, or if they wish to create a class inspired off Voodoo.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Some screenshots of the pub and lodging with the beginnings of clutter taking shape
TTp8uCw.png

jtC202e.png

bSXgyVl.png

eRx9PUF.png
Backgrounds are not my strong suit... :kaodes:
DazI8jt.jpg

Just realized I forgot doing the clouds... woops
Went to get some stuff for February 10, the birthday of my favorite ink monster...
I have a little one-person party for Bendy every year, complete with the life-size plushie I made. And yes, I bake a birthday cake!
So technically I just ate sausages that were a year old. Use by date was 12/27/2021. But since those dates are just guesses with no scientific reasoning behind them I'll prolly be fine. Guess I know soon if I'm praying to the Porcelain God.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DannyPhoenix13