Which of the following themes sounds the most appealing?

• Education

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • Transportation

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Office

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Entertainment

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Fitness

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • "Dungeon"

Votes: 32 35.6%

• Total voters

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
I'm hoping to get started on a new expansion/add-on pack for the Modern Day series very soon, so I thought I would get a vote on which theme you would like to see next. I'm also planning on adding some characters to fit various settings.

- Education

It's the basic school life, so it would have a classroom, library and teachers' lounge. I'd like to include several different grades, such as a kindergarten classroom and a college dorm room in addition to classic school materials. Characters would include students in uniform, students in casual clothing and teachers/administrators.

- Transportation

This is a large topic, so it may be split up in several packs. It would include transportation such as cars, bus, subway trains and airplanes. There would also be settings for a subway station and airport, as well as details such as ticket booths, maps/routes and luggage. Characters would include drivers, pilots, mechanics and flight attendants.

- Office

This theme would include the basics for an office workplace - building, cubicle, office equipment, waiting rooms and janitor closets. Characters included would be businessmen/businesswomen, secretaries, average office workers, post/package delivery person and janitors.

- Entertainment

This theme is mostly date night or evening activities such as night clubs, theater/cinema, coffee shops, arcade, bowling alley and pubs. Characters would include bouncer, bartender, cinema attendant, waiter/waitress and patrons.

- Fitness

This theme would include basic gym and some sports such as marathon running, football and basketball. It would have several pieces of gym equipment as well as details like barbells, tennis rackets an golfing equipment. Characters would include people in fitness gear, as well as tie ins with education (school athletes, mascots) and transportation (bicycles).

- "Dungeons"

This theme would include areas that could be used as a modern dungeon, such as a sewer, abandoned factory and car junkyard. The theme would have pieces that could be used for puzzles and obstacles, as well as material that could help you construct maze-like maps. This set wouldn't have any characters, but I might consider limited boss-like sprites (ex. similar to the Big Monster sprites in the RTP).

Please vote to let me know which of these sounds the most appealing to you. And if you want to elaborate why in the replies, that would be super helpful!

BTW, I have not yet decided whether the new set(s) will be for MV, Ace or both, so it shouldn't be something that would impact your vote. :)

Thanks!

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oooh! More Lunatiles, nice :D

Both Entertainment and Fitness sound like they'd cover some very cool and broad areas. Having trouble deciding between the two, but I'm leaning more towards Entertainment right now~

Banquo

scoundrel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As I'm more the type who likes games with battles, "Dungeon" was the most appealing option. This could be easily used for some kind of dystopian future or a mafia war.

Entertainment was my second choice, because there're already some school tiles around. Where else do students go? To a bar or arcade store of course! Places where you hang out with your friends!

Edit: I'd make them for MV! The modern tiles in the demo were so darn pretty, and while I probably won't get to use them anytime soon, they'll need some company. Also downscaling is always an option with 48x48.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh my God, Lunarea. That's such a tough choice to make! I want them all. XD

I chose dungeon because I think it really enhances a set of tiles when we have a variety of locations to explore. It also will really diversify the type of story people can tell with the tiles.

It was a hard choice between that and transportation because the way we get to places in the modern age is something that really differentiates the genre.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I definitely think transportation is your best bet here Luna :)

Your original pack was great for interiors but I feel the exteriors didn't go as far as they could have, I think going for transportation would help with this a lot.  You'd even have the option to do proper world map/field tiles, I'd still want to see the others at some point of course, particularly 'entertainment' and 'dungeon'. 

Glad you're doing this btw, modern themed rm games are pretty rare and having more modern resources means we could see more of them!

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Agreed, Scy! Pretty much all of my settings are 1900s-present day. Modern resources would be a blast, whatever they are!

Schlangan

A madman with a computer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I voted for transportation, because we don't see enough of them, and it's pretty nice for big cities.

Bonkers

I haven't seen you since the plague.
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We need trains, and abandoned rail road yards etc can double as dungeons too.

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh I can't wait to get my hands on more Lunarea graphics!! :) Definitely has to be transportation for me :)

But hopefully at some point you'll be able to do them all :)

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Entertainment, because getting killed in a movie theatre is creepy, everyone goes to coffee shops (despite the fact that coffee is disgusting) and who doesn't like to have fun (good for quests and minigames.)

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
If there had been a "Vote For All" button then I would have clicked that instead :)

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have to say EDUCATION!

because we lacks so much of school tiles most of time : D

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
By the poll I can determine that no one likes going to work or the gym, hmm.
Meg no one in real life love going to the gym...so imagine in game....that's would be to much sweaty to play~

Bastrophian

The Pixel Heartist!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
HELL YEAH!!! XD DUNGEONS IN THE LEAD!!!! (I would like to add though, i havent tested this extensively so i have no idea how it would look especially with your AWESOME tiles, but if you decided to make them MV sized, would it not be too difficult to shrink them without losing much if any quality? I made a few 48/48 tiles a while back, and resized them to 32/32 and it still looked pretty dang good!, but those were all regular A5 tile so......eh, still cant wait!!! :D

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I voted transportation, but would love "dungeons" or "office" as well.

I've purchased the other "Modern" add-ons, but probably won't use them in my current game. And I'll probably make my next game with MV. So MV would probably be the best choice. Any chance the current "modern" add-ons in the shop will be updated for MV?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Started work on the fishing Mini-Game
The Dark Toon art style is now available as Steam branches. (Both for the main game and the demo)
Battle.jpgCaptain.jpgCutsene.jpg
There are 2 versions. One only affects combat, cutscene, and portraits. The other one changes more.
So, technically, the game now has 7 versions on steam.
Arcade-Style RPGM Games? RM2k3 Game Jam & Synth-Retro Music by Azakaela | RPG Maker News #39

Just evented my first minigame, no plugins~ :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lakam47