Which of the following themes sounds the most appealing?

• Education

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • Transportation

Votes: 18 20.0%
  • Office

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Entertainment

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Fitness

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • "Dungeon"

Votes: 32 35.6%

• Total voters

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
especially after the revamp which was given out for free to all past and future owners.
so I am overwhelmed with keeping track of these things, but how do I know if I have the "revamp"?

It's only 6.99$
Deal of the century, imho =

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
 @Sharm:

You've misunderstood Wavelength pretty thoroughly.  I'm fairly certain that building on them in a new set was exactly what Wavelength meant.  Not that you'd be adding new content to the existing set for free.
Whoops, sorry Wavelength! I'm used to getting frequent feedback that there just isn't enough material in base pack and that I need to make it larger for free. While I always keep that in mind when creating content, I also have to balance it against the pack's cost and my own income. :)

Also, it wasn't that you can't come up with ideas for things, but that even with a whole bunch of awesome new tiles some of the themes are better suited for game settings than others.  If you did a huge amount of variety in office tiles it still wouldn't be a setting you'd want to spend an entire 40 hour rpg in, you know?
That's one of the reasons why I started the poll, so I could make a priority list. But I would like to make them all eventually.

I'm not too worried that the work on any specific theme would go to waste. For example, there's a lot of ideas for the office pack that would be perfectly at home in a doctor's office, at a school, a library or even a regular home (ex. lots of computers, coffee machine, etc). I just want to know what people would prefer to see first. :)

@GrandmaDeb:

so I am overwhelmed with keeping track of these things, but how do I know if I have the "revamp"?
It was released in March, 2013. If you've bought the pack after that date, you're good.

If you're not sure, the revamped pack has tiles B, C and D, while the original had two Tile B.

Deal of the century, imho =
Thanks! I know it's still too much for some, but I think it's a pretty good price for the amount of content. :)

Ruby

Of the Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh, Luna. Anything you make is so beautiful, that I would be happy to purchase any one of those. I chose entertainment because I think that that is far more unique than most of the other options. But, I love your work and am not hard-pressed for anything specific. :)

Thank you for working so hard!

The Infamous Bon Bon

Executive Geek
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It was released in March, 2013. If you've bought the pack after that date, you're good.

If you're not sure, the revamped pack has tiles B, C and D, while the original had two Tile B.

Thanks! I know it's still too much for some, but I think it's a pretty good price for the amount of content. :)
I had not realized this and I went and downloaded the updated version.  You really added a lot of stuff, nice job, and thank you.

Now I wonder how many other resource packs I bought got updated and I didn't know.  I don't suppose there's a thread that specifically mentions which ones were updated, is there?  I bought a lot of resource packs when they first came out and then disappeared for a while, so I may have missed more.  I suppose I ought to look into this more myself.

I wish someone would make a modern character resource pack (I don't expect you to), because that would be really cool.

felsenstern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm planning on adding some modern characters, probably in the same style as the Zombie Survival pack. :)
I've always liked the style of the characters in Zombie Surival pack. I also think that the title doesn't live up to the possibilities of the pack. Hopefully with Celianna's new Fantastic Buildings plans and your own Modern Day Expansion this pack as well as the other 2 modern day packs will get the attention they deserve!

Acetonide

Event Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I voted dungeon because that seemed like the one most likely to get what I really want to see in resources, and that's some what damaged areas.

I walk around my town a lot, and everywhere I go I see faded signs and broken sidewalks and bent street signs and all sorts of other things. It's not the only thing I see of course, my own isn't run down, but just normal wear and tear. Most resources I see the builds all either look like they were nearly constructed or like they're ruins, and there's no in between. 

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
 @Sharm:

Whoops, sorry Wavelength! I'm used to getting frequent feedback that there just isn't enough material in base pack and that I need to make it larger for free. While I always keep that in mind when creating content, I also have to balance it against the pack's cost and my own income. :)
No problem.  Like Sharm pointed out, I wasn't throwing any shade at you or the value of your excellent resource pack.  Any high-quality set in such a wide theme (modern) is inevitably going to leave people wanting more.  And as such I was saying that I think additional "modern day vanilla" tiles could be a really appealing selling point as part of your new commercial packs.

I'm not too worried that the work on any specific theme would go to waste. For example, there's a lot of ideas for the office pack that would be perfectly at home in a doctor's office, at a school, a library or even a regular home (ex. lots of computers, coffee machine, etc). I just want to know what people would prefer to see first. :)
Sure.  There's certainly applicability to all of the sets you mentioned.  I was trying to think through which packs would be "must haves" for certain designers - for example, the Entertainment set would be insanely useful for Visual Novels/Dating Sims, the Dungeon set for Fallout-style WRPGs, and the Education set for School/Life Sims.  I wouldn't think twice about spending $10 to buy the set that can improve half my game.

I have a harder time figuring out a type of game where I would need the Office set, for example - it would be something I'd be very happy to have when designing a doctor's office or the Shinra HQ, but without the pressing need for it, I'd probably hope for its inclusion in a Humble Bundle or just go without it rather than spend the money.  (On the other hand, if added into a similar pack that I do have a pressing need for, I might be willing to spend a little more to buy the pack.)

With that being said, if you're more interested in "what do I personally want to see first" rather than "what do I think will sell well", my personal preference would be for Entertainment, Transportation, and Fitness, in that order. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I want to work on my reboot, but I don't have time to do it. ;_;
4y195n.png
big image so i posted it as a spoiler
Just a reminder to back your projects up. Do it now! :yamero:
If there was an award for best game dev procrastination, I'd say 'meh, I'll pick it up tomorrow' >_>
Honestly though, I've been staring at the same half-made map for a while now haha! Ahhh, I'm so tired of mapping!
Time to add the support for import/export default RMXP maps. Maybe there will be customized tileset support later. In theory, I can reimplement the entire RMXP inside this RMXP-made game to make more RMXP games. :kaojoy:RMXPFORMATSUPPORT.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sysce