VR Gaming

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Hollow 1977, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Hollow 1977

Hollow 1977 Rpg MV Game Creator Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    VR's been out for a couple of years and looks interesting but I ask you all here. Is it worth the price? Which VR system is your favorite? Could rpgmaker titles end like this in the future? Which games do best in VR?

2. MrZalgo

MrZalgo I am not Edgy, I am Fabulous Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    As for the price range of VR, it is a bit steep but then again, it is new and will most likely go down in price over time. As for my personal favorite VR system, the HTC Vive is a good one simply for the ability to move around and interact with the area more efficiently then with an Oculus Rift.\

It's highly dependent whether rpgmaker titles will make it into VR, as we are still at the time of 2-dimensional sprites and models rather than 3-d. If the developers for rpgmaker are able to make it 3-D compatible, then it should be possible for it to go into VR.

As for games... Resident evil 7 is pretty darn good on VR, VR Chat is also a really good chatroom for VR. Granted, I don't know a ton about VR titles so these ones are the only ones I know are good on the VR.

Hollow 1977 likes this.
  3. MikeJj

MikeJj Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Noo, not only! Samsung Gear VR is amazing!!! I got one for the XMas and it realy absorbs me
    My favourite game is Zombie VR, try it! (it's a horror game, but probably for the moment only with Horrors you can understand all the advantages of VR)

Resident Evil 7 +++

Hollow 1977 likes this.
  4. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What kind of phone do you use it with? The Gear VR sounds like it might make a good accessory for my Galaxy Note 8.

Hollow 1977 likes this.
  5. MikeJj

MikeJj Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'm using Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Not that cool as yours Note 8, but still quite good and fast

Hollow 1977 likes this.