V's Promotion System Addon

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by Roninator2, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Tags:
  1. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
  2. A-Moonless-Night

A-Moonless-Night WINTER IS COMING Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I'll have a look. A few questions:
    - Will they spend the item to get the promotion?
    - Does every actor or promotion need to have an item? And if so, what amount of said item?
    - Do you want the item to show in the scene as well?

3. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yes the item is used when promoted.
    Yes every actor needs an item and the item will be different for each actor.
    item shown in scene would be nice, but I didn't think to do that. That also makes me think that it should not show the actor in the list of promotable if the item is not present.Just like it does for those that are not at the promotion level.

hold on that. I just found the terms of use for the script.
    I need permission to modify it and use it for commercial use.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  4. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Making a separate addon for it doesn't really count as "modifying the script", so that's okay to do, unless the terms state something against this too.
    Of course, if the commercial part is the issue, that can't be helped.

5. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No worries, let me know how you get on.

6. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well the terms say "You are not allowed to edit any of my scripts without permission or at least attempting to do so."
    So like you said if it was a separate script for the add on then I think that would be good. :) @A-Moonless-Night

I found this and thought it fit in well with my plans, instead of just using yanfly class script, which I haven't really incorporated (command disabled). But I have class changes planned and was just trying to work it out by events. I had intended to use items, like the FF1 class change with the 'rat tail' kind of thing.
    This script works with my project and could work well. It's a toss up of forcing a class change at a specific level or let the player carry forward.
    Could work both ways with my project, because I have benefits and deficits with the class changes.

As for the commercial usage, I've contacted the writer. It's just a matter of paying for the use of it.

7. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Okay, see how you go with this:
    Code:
    =begin
    #=====================================================================
    #   AMN V's Promotions - Add-on
    #   Version 1.0
    #   Author: AMoonlessNight
    #   Date: 23 Mar 2018
    #   Latest: 23 Mar 2018
    #=====================================================================#
    #   UPDATE LOG
    #---------------------------------------------------------------------#
    # 23 Mar 2018 - created the add-on script for V's Promotions

This script was requested as an add-on to V's Promotions script.
    It will not work without it.

V's Promotions script can be found here:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/vs-promotion-system-v0-2.18875/

Requested by Roninator2

NOTETAGS

Notetag actors as many times as you require with the following:

* <Promotion: Level, Graphic_Name, Graphic_Index, Cost, Class, Item>
      #----------------------------------------------------------------#
      # Item is a new addition and should be replaced with the number
      # of the item that the party must have in order for this actor
      # to be promoted (e.g. 5 for Stimulant).

=end

#==============================================================================
    #
    # ** Please do not edit below this point unless you know what you are doing.
    #

# ** Game_Actor
    #------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    #  This class handles actors. It is used within the Game_Actors class
    # ($game_actors) and is also referenced from the Game_Party class ($game_party).

class Game_Actor < Game_Battler

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
      # * Public Instance Variables
      attr_accessor :next_promotion_item             # Item needed to promote actor

# * Setup                                                  # ALIAS METHOD #
      alias :amn_vpromo_gameactor_setup :setup
      def setup(actor_id)
        @next_promotion_item = 0
        amn_vpromo_gameactor_setup(actor_id)
      end

# * Sets up the actor's note                           # OVERWRITE METHOD #
      def set_up_actor_note(actor_id)
        note= /<Promotion:\s*(\d*)\S*\s*(\w*)\S*\s*(\d*)\S*\s*(\d*)\S*\s*(\d*)\S*\s*(\d*)>/i
        @actors_note = $data_actors[actor_id].note.scan(note)
      end

# * Check For Promotions                                   # ALIAS METHOD #
      alias amn_vpromo_checkforpromo  check_for_promotion
      def check_for_promotion
        amn_vpromo_checkforpromo &&
        @actors_note.size.times { |i| @next_promotion_item = @actors_note[i][5].to_i if @level == @actors_note[i][0].to_i }
      end

# * Check Promotion Items                                    # NEW METHOD #
      def check_promotion_items
        return true if needs_promotion_item? && $game_party.items.include?($data_items[@next_promotion_item])
      end

# * Needs Promotion Item?                                    # NEW METHOD #
      def needs_promotion_item?
        return false if @next_promotion_item == 0
        return true
      end

# * Checks if actor is promotable                          # ALIAS METHOD #
      alias amn_vpromo_promotable?  promotable?
      def promotable?
        if needs_promotion_item?
          return true if check_promotion_items && @needs_promotion == true
        else
          amn_vpromo_promotable?
        end
      end

# * Promote Processing                                     # ALIAS METHOD #
      alias amn_vpromo_promote  promote
      def promote
        if @next_promotion_item > 0
          $game_party.lose_item($data_items[@next_promotion_item], 1)
        end
        amn_vpromo_promote
      end

# * Promotion Items                                          # NEW METHOD #
      def promotion_items?
        return @next_promotion_item
      end

end

# ** Promotion_Info_Window
    #  This class handles all of the Promotion Info Window processing.

class Promotion_Info_Window < Window_Base

# * Draws actors info                                  # OVERWRITE METHOD #
      def draw_actor_info(index)
        actor = @promotables[@index]
        cost = "Cost: " + actor.promotion_cost?.to_s
        # AMN addition
        if actor.next_promotion_item > 0
          item = $data_items[actor.next_promotion_item]
          icon = '\i[' + item.icon_index.to_s + '] '
          name = item.name.to_s + ' '
          amt = $game_party.item_number(item)
          if amt == 0
            itemtxt = icon + name + '\c[2]' + amt.to_s + '\c[2] / 1'
          else
            itemtxt = icon + name + amt.to_s + ' / 1'
          end

else
          itemtxt = ''
        end
        #
        draw_v_text(120, 55, (Graphics.width / 3) * 2, 75, actor.name, 0, 45)
        draw_actor_face(actor, 10, 10)
        draw_zoomed_actor_graphic(actor, 40, 150, 2)
        draw_v_text(-105, 200, (Graphics.width / 3) * 2, 75, $data_classes[actor.class_id].name, 1, 22)
        draw_v_text(-10, 150, (Graphics.width / 3) * 2, 75, ">", 1, 55)
        draw_zoomed_character(actor.next_promotion_name, actor.next_promotion_index, 230, 150, 2)
        draw_v_text(85, 200, (Graphics.width / 3) * 2, 75, $data_classes[actor.next_promotion_class].name, 1, 22)
        draw_v_text(-10, 250, (Graphics.width / 3) * 2, 75, cost, 1, 40)
        draw_text_ex(10, 250, itemtxt)
      end

end

# ** Promotion_Command_Window
    #  This class handles all of the Promotion Command Window processing.

class Promotion_Command_Window < Window_Command

# * Checks if party has enough to buy promotion            # ALIAS METHOD #
      alias amn_vpromo_promocmdwdw_afford?      afford?
      def afford?(id)
        if @promotables[id].promotion_items? != 0
          $game_party.gold > @promotables[id].promotion_cost? && $game_party.items.include?($data_items[@promotables[id].promotion_items?])
        else
          amn_vpromo_promocmdwdw_afford?(id)
        end

end
    end 

EDIT: Forgot to pretty up how the item looks in the promotion window, so take and look and let me know where you want it.

8. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    It works great. Thank you so much. I adjusted the position values for what I wanted.

The script itself still has two flaws, but just have to plan it out for those things to not happen.

1. Cost to level is 1000. Party has exactly 1000 money/gold. Promotion scene will show, but cannot promote as the script wants there to be at least 1 gold left after promoting. I doubt that the party will have exactly that amount an no more, that would be silly.

2. If you were to level a character or the party several levels the game freezes. I confirmed this in V's demo.
    Promotion level is set to lets say 5, and your character is at level 4; then you level up by 2. Game Freeze.
    Just going to set the promotion level high enough that one battle will never advance 2 levels, and don't use level up by 2 with potions or whatever.

Again thanks, as soon as I get a hold of the author, then I'll have to pay for it.

9. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Okay, here we are:

Code:
    =begin
    #   Version 1.1
    #   Latest: 24 Mar 2018
    #   UPDATE LOG
    # 24 Mar 2018 - fixed level up and gain exp methods
    #             - added greyed out colour for actors that are promotable
    #               but don't have the correct items

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/vs-promotion-system-v0-2.18875/

Requested by Roninator2

NOTETAGS

=end

#
    #

# ** Game_Actor
    # ($game_actors) and is also referenced from the Game_Party class ($game_party).

attr_accessor :next_promo_level                # The next promotion level

def setup(actor_id)
        @next_promotion_item = 0
      end

note= /<Promotion:\s*(\d*)\S*\s*(\w*)\S*\s*(\d*)\S*\s*(\d*)\S*\s*(\d*)\S*\s*(\d*)>/i
      end

def check_for_promotion
        @actors_note.size.times { |i| @next_promotion_item = @actors_note[i][5].to_i if @level == @actors_note[i][0].to_i }
      end

return true if needs_promotion_item? && $game_party.items.include?($data_items[@next_promotion_item])
      end

return true
      end

def promotable?
        if needs_promotion_item?
        else
          amn_vpromo_promotable?
        end
      end

# * Next Promotion Level                                     # NEW METHOD #
      def next_promo_level?
        array = []
        @actors_note.size.times { |i| array.push(@actors_note[i][0].to_i) }
        array.keep_if { |a| a > @level }
        array.sort
        if array.empty?
          @next_promo_level = max_level
        else
          @next_promo_level = array[0]
        end
      end

# * At Promotion Level?                                      # NEW METHOD #
      # Had to do this in order for level up commands to work properly
      def at_promotion_level?
        amn_vpromo_promotable?
      end

def promote
        end
        amn_vpromo_promote
      end

def promotion_items?
      end

end

# ** Game_Interpreter
    #  An interpreter for executing event commands. This class is used within the
    # Game_Map, Game_Troop, and Game_Event classes.

class Game_Interpreter
      # * Change EXP
      alias amn_vpromo_gameint_cmd315   command_315
      def command_315
        value = operate_value(@params[2], @params[3], @params[4])
        iterate_actor_var(@params[0], @params[1]) do |actor|
          req_exp = actor.exp_for_level(actor.next_promo_level?)
          if !actor.at_promotion_level?
            if value < req_exp
              actor.change_exp(actor.exp + value, @params[5])
            else
              actor.change_exp(req_exp, @params[5])
            end
          end
        end
      end

# * Change Level
      alias amn_vpromo_gameint_cmd316   command_316
      def command_316
            if value < actor.next_promo_level?
              actor.change_level(actor.level + value, @params[5])
            else
              actor.change_level(actor.next_promo_level, @params[5])
            end
          end
        end
      end

end

# ** Window_Base
    #  This is a super class of all windows within the game.

class Window_Base < Window

def greyout_colour;    text_color(7);  end;    # Greyed out

# * Draw Level
      alias :amn_vpromo_windbase_drawactorlevel   :draw_actor_level
      def draw_actor_level(actor, x, y)
        amn_vpromo_windbase_drawactorlevel(actor, x, y)
        if actor.promotable?
          draw_v_text(x, y + 25, 150, line_height, "Promotable", 0, 24, crisis_color)
        elsif actor.at_promotion_level? && !actor.promotable?
          draw_v_text(x, y + 25, 150, line_height, "Promotable", 0, 24, greyout_colour)
        end
      end

end

# AMN addition
          if amt == 0
          else
          end

else
          itemtxt = ''
        end
        #
        draw_v_text(-105, 200, (Graphics.width / 3) * 2, 75, $data_classes[actor.class_id].name, 1, 22) 
        draw_zoomed_character(actor.next_promotion_name, actor.next_promotion_index, 230, 150, 2)
        draw_v_text(85, 200, (Graphics.width / 3) * 2, 75, $data_classes[actor.next_promotion_class].name, 1, 22) 
      end

end

def afford?(id)
          $game_party.gold >= @promotables[id].promotion_cost? && $game_party.items.include?($data_items[@promotables[id].promotion_items?])
        else
          $game_party.gold >= @promotables[id].promotion_cost?
        end

end
    end 

I also fixed the method for gaining EXP, too, because that also made the game freeze.

10. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thank you for that.
    The exp does still freeze, at least for my game, but only when going up two levels. just like the gain level does when going past the promotion level. Otherwise it work fine. :LZYsmile:. If I never have the player get into a battle where they would gain 50000+ exp then I will be safe for the first promotion level. It took 25000 exp to go from 49 to 50.
    I commented out one line from the original script as I forgot that I changed the position value for the promotion text. It was under my JP text.
    With the original script unmodified (position or commented out) I was getting "Promotable" showing up twice.
    Keep up the awesome work.

11. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hmm, that's strange. It's working fine for me, no errors. Can you show me a screenshot of how you have the event set up? And can you show me which line you commented out?

EDIT: Wait, I see now. I was thinking of if things were manually changed by event, rather than in battle. Hang on.

EDIT: Give this one a try:
    Code:
    =begin
    #   Version 1.2
    #   Latest: 24 Mar 2018
    #   UPDATE LOG
    #             - fixed gain exp method

Requested by Roninator2

NOTETAGS

=end

#
    #

# ** Game_Actor

def setup(actor_id)
        @next_promotion_item = 0
      end

# * Gain EXP (Account for Experience Rate)
      alias :amn_vpromo_gameactor_gainexp :gain_exp
      def gain_exp(exp)
        req_exp = exp_for_level(next_promo_level?)
        value = self.exp + (exp * final_exp_rate).to_i
        if !at_promotion_level?
          if value < req_exp
            amn_vpromo_gameactor_gainexp(exp)
          else
            change_exp(req_exp, true)
          end
        end
      end

# * Change Experience
      #     show : Level up display flag
      def change_exp(exp, show)
        @exp[@class_id] = [exp, 0].max unless at_promotion_level?
        last_level = @level
        last_skills = skills
        level_up while !max_level? && self.exp >= next_level_exp
        level_down while self.exp < current_level_exp
        display_level_up(skills - last_skills) if show && @level > last_level
        refresh
      end

end

def check_for_promotion
      end

end

return true
      end

def promotable?
        if needs_promotion_item?
        else
          amn_vpromo_promotable?
        end
      end

def next_promo_level?
        array = []
        array.sort
        if array.empty?
        else
        end
      end

def at_promotion_level?
        amn_vpromo_promotable?
      end

def promote
        end
        amn_vpromo_promote
      end

def promotion_items?
      end

end

# ** Game_Interpreter

class Game_Interpreter
      # * Change EXP
      def command_315
            if value < req_exp
            else
            end
          end
        end
      end

# * Change Level
      def command_316
            else
            end
          end
        end
      end

end

# ** Window_Base

# * Draw Level
        if actor.promotable?
        end
      end

end

# AMN addition
          if amt == 0
          else
          end

else
          itemtxt = ''
        end
        #
      end

end

def afford?(id)
          $game_party.gold >= @promotables[id].promotion_cost? && $game_party.items.include?($data_items[@promotables[id].promotion_items?])
        else
        end

end
    end 

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  12. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Well I actually haven't tested in battle. I was using events and setting the gain exp to be higher than what was needed to go up two levels.
    I should test the battle I suppose. Have to set one up to be super exp. (not sure that would ever happen though)

Commented out line 268

Actor
    actor.PNG
    Event1
    event1-1.PNG event1-2.PNG

event2
    event2-1.PNG event2-2.PNG event2-3.PNG

promote
    event3.PNG

So I would go event 1-1 -> event 1-2 (*5) -> event 2-1 -> event 1-2 (*7~8) -> event 2-2 (whatever was needed to reach max level)

13. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Have you tried it with the version I just posted?

14. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I thought you got it perfect. Yes I just tested the last one you just posted.
    The battle experience works perfectly, only going up to promotion level and nothing more.
    The event leveling still freezes. From my pictures I did event 1-1 then 2-1 so +48 levels , then +48 levels. With promotion level at 50

*Edit, I just tested the gold part as well. You fixed that too. So it's just the event leveling that is a problem.

15. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Had a look and I think it's freezing from having one promotion level set at level 100, where the max level is 99. I did notice another bug with it skipping one promotion, though, so let me work on that.

EDIT: Give this one a shot:
    Code:
    =begin
    #   Version 1.3
    #   Latest: 25 Mar 2018
    #   UPDATE LOG
    #             - fixed gain exp method
    # 25 Mar 2018 - tinkered with gain exp method some more

Requested by Roninator2

NOTETAGS

=end

#
    #

# ** Game_Actor

def setup(actor_id)
        @next_promotion_item = 0
      end

# * Gain EXP (Account for Experience Rate)
      alias :amn_vpromo_gameactor_gainexp :gain_exp
      def gain_exp(exp)
        req_exp = exp_for_level(next_promo_level?)
        value = self.exp + (exp * final_exp_rate).to_i
        if !at_promotion_level?
          if value < req_exp
            amn_vpromo_gameactor_gainexp(exp)
          else
            change_exp(req_exp, true)
          end
        end
      end

# * Change Experience
      #     show : Level up display flag
      def change_exp(exp, show)
        @exp[@class_id] = [exp, 0].max unless at_promotion_level?
        last_level = @level
        last_skills = skills
        level_up while !max_level? && !at_promotion_level? && self.exp >= next_level_exp
        level_down while self.exp < current_level_exp
        display_level_up(skills - last_skills) if show && @level > last_level
        refresh
      end

end

def check_for_promotion
      end

end

return true
      end

def promotable?
        if needs_promotion_item?
        else
          amn_vpromo_promotable?
        end
      end

def next_promo_level?
        array = []
        array.sort
        if array.empty?
        else
        end
      end

def at_promotion_level?
        amn_vpromo_promotable?
      end

def promote
        end
        amn_vpromo_promote
      end

def promotion_items?
      end

end

# ** Game_Interpreter

class Game_Interpreter
      # * Change EXP
      def command_315
          p(req_exp)
            if value < req_exp
            else
            end
          end
        end
      end

# * Change Level
      def command_316
            else
            end
          end
        end
      end

end

# ** Window_Base

# * Draw Level
        if actor.promotable?
        end
      end

end

# AMN addition
          if amt == 0
          else
          end

else
          itemtxt = ''
        end
        #
      end

end

def afford?(id)
        else
        end

end
    end 

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  16. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Everything is working. You're pretty good at this.
    Thanks.

17. A-Moonless-Night

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    No worries, give us a yell if any other bugs pop up.

18. Roninator2

Roninator2 Gamer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Edited* new thread made

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
  19. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.