V's Relationship/Bio Window v2.4

Discussion in 'RGSS3 Scripts (RMVX Ace)' started by vindaca, Jul 3, 2013.

1. MHRob

MHRob Card Master Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Heya V. Nice to know you're still alive and well. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

2. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Ohh, welcome back, Vindaca!

I haven't seen this reported anywhere but there is a display error for the current feelings text.

in the 'def draw_feelings' definition, the if/elsif conditions are set up incorrectly which makes some of the feelings text not display at all.

I corrected the condition checks for myself, just letting you know, in case you haven't noticed it yet. :)

And of course, thanks for this script! It may come in handy in my game. :)

3. vindaca

vindaca CEO of Tales of the Valiant Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you. I hope to put out a lot more. I cant wait to get back into it. I have been so antsy.

@ sixth thank you so much. Can you post that fix for me until i can update it myself?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
    luiscesjr likes this.
  4. Sixth

Sixth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Hungarian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Sure, I can post it, no prob! :)

Here it is:

Search for the 'def draw_feelings' definition.

Replace the whole definition with this one:

def draw_feelings fx = 360 fy = 74 dfs = Font.default_size id = $game_system.relationship_counter varnum = $game_variables[$game_system.relationship_info[id][:var_id]] Font.default_size = 16 draw_text_ex(fx - 70, fy, "Feelings: ") if varnum <= 0 #hated draw_text_ex_blue(fx, fy, Terms_Of_Feelings[0]) #hated elsif varnum > 0 && varnum < 50 #disliked draw_text_ex(fx, fy, Terms_Of_Feelings[1]) #disliked elsif varnum == 50 #none draw_text_ex(fx, fy, Terms_Of_Feelings[2]) #none elsif varnum > 50 && varnum < 100 #liked draw_text_ex(fx, fy, Terms_Of_Feelings[3]) #liked elsif varnum >= 100 #loved draw_text_ex_red(fx, fy, Terms_Of_Feelings[4]) #loved end Font.default_size = dfs end
    I guess this was all I did to fix the issue, but it was quite a long time ago when I fixed this, so I can't be 100% sure of it. :D

Ohh, and there was one small condition check error in the 'def draw_relationship_gauge' definition also.

To fix that one, search for this line in the script:

Code:
    draw_gauge(x + 125, y, 105, 1, mp_gauge_color1, mp_gauge_color1) if varnum == 0
    And replace it with this one:
    Code:
    draw_gauge(x + 125, y, 105, 1, mp_gauge_color1, mp_gauge_color1) if varnum <= 0
    The gauge color disappeared if the variable reached negative status by default. That should be fixed with the above change.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2014
  5. vindaca

vindaca CEO of Tales of the Valiant Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thanks again. Your the best.

6. RainbowGrenade

RainbowGrenade Paint Princess Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi!  Thanks a lot for sharing this awesome system!  I love this script, and have been able to adapt it to almost exactly to suit my needs, but I'm having a  small issue or two with the text formatting.  First of all, I've noticed that the title when you first enter the relationship menu, is cut off.  Secondly, is that I have this weird text underlay on my last two lines of the character description if I make it any longer than four lines.  I'm sure you're very busy, but any insight into these problems would be greatly appreciated.

Here's how I have the character "Bruce" set up:

add_relationship( "Bruce", "Charming Guard", 1, 2, "Bruce", 0, "At his post", "Coming from a long line of Endless Isle,","guards, it was a no-brainer for Bruce","when it came time for him to choose his", "career. He enjoys guarding the tower entrance.", "Helping new explorers find their feet", "is very rewarding to him.", "Doing his duty", 15, 16, 12, 10, 13 ) ex1.png

ex2.png

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  7. Luxen

Luxen Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I am very much in love with this script, but there are some things missing

• Change name (ex. a character doesn't give you their name so it's "???" but later you learn it and it changes)
    • Change description (like the name)
    • Change face file/face index (again...like the name)
    I've modified the script to do these things for me, but, of course, I won't re-upload it without permission, but you should consider things like this in future versions (if you're still going with it)

8. Evaan

Evaan Warper Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Im using your script V, and i was wondering how can i make a call of the current relationship level for an event?

when you choose to level up your relationship, resets the value of the control variable to 0 so i cant use that, i need to use the current level but i dont know how.

can you please help me, love your scripts btw you are the best.

9. wistiecutie

wistiecutie Villager Member

First Language:
    french
    Hello hello !

It seems to be an awesome script , thereby

I gave it a try yet it seems that something goes wrong ,

I am really no good with scripting but the problem seems to be coming from these lines :

As soon as I talk to someone with a script call it displays 

this :

I tried to use one NPC of your demo but it still won't work , 

would you mind helping me , V ?

Capture.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
  10. winningedge101

winningedge101 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Hey sorry for such a late post, but I'm using this script and was wondering if it was possible to get rid of the relationship bar so that it doesnt show the relationship bar, like adding someone who is dead so you can learn about that dead person. Can anyone help?