VX Ace battlers in MV.

ScarletHarbringer

Wandering Swordsman
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Am I the only one who uses RPG Maker VX Ace battlers in RPG Maker MV? I'm really not a fan of MV's cartoonish style battlers. >_> For example: the dragon battler in VX Ace looks more badass than the one in MV.  I use some of the MV battlers but not all. But seriously though, I can't be the only one who prefers the VX Ace battlers over the MV ones...just saying.  ;)  

(I use them in sideview battle and they look awesome)  :guffaw:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I sort of agree - the MV battlers are beautifully done, but they're also a little too "cute" to be enemies that my characters would want to kill.  The VX Ace battlers tend to be a good medium between "aesthetically good" and "threatening".

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (Retired Villain)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like both but unlike the MV ones that are perfectly designed for both frontal and sideview, the Ace battlers are mostly not good for sideview, they are meant to be frontal because they stare at the player and not at the characters.

BigToastie

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I agree with Dalph on this one, both are very well designed but MV are for both Front and Side view (and I use sideview).

jonthefox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Nope you're not the only one.  I use a handful of the MV battlers (the ogre, the werewolf, etc.) but I much prefer the less cartoonish ace RTP, and I use those.

It's true that many of the Ace battlers aren't for sideview, but there ones that do, and I just use those.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I find both the enemies and the players to be too cute in MV. How am I supposed to take the battle seriously if my character's head is as big as their body or bigger? I either use animated battlers, or I draw my own. 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Eh... just the three of us killing mosquitoes and collecting them. Current kill count: 14.
Been watching videos about IRS phone scammers. Some really scummy people in the world.
Is the "2 status updates per 24h" still in effect?
My first attempt at Pixel Art :blink::) (I have no idea what I'm doing but I'm doing it)
Plugin instructions: *exists*
Plugin: What did he say? *error*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rikuto