[VX Ace] "Black" Face Parts

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by BardAaron, Jun 28, 2015.

1. BardAaron

BardAaron Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I want a bit of racial diversity in my game, and I was wondering if anyone knew of any, or could produce, some decent Black (as in African) features for the face Generator in VX Ace.  I've downloaded all the parts Ive been able to find, and so far there is a real dirth of features that aren't either Anglo or Anime in appearance.  Having white features on dark skin just makes it look like they're white people wearing Blackface, which is no good.

To get specific, the more important things I am looking for:

• Noses: Some broader noses.  So far, Male Nose 9 is about the only one that works, and I can't use that for every black character I make.
    • Mouths: A couple mouths with bigger lips.  There are too many mouths with just a thin bottom lip, or even just a line representing the mouth, and this really doesn't work for Black Characters.
    • Hair:  I'd like some hair styles that feature tight curls.  Not the little-bo-peep curls. 

More peripheral features might include:

• Eyes
    • Eyebrows (some generally thicker, & maybe with shadows that accentuate brow shape and prominence?)
    • Face Shapes

I don't know how hard these are to make or come by, so I won't make a fuss if this isn't doable, but any help that anyone can give, either by making these, or pointing me to legitimate resources of such, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

BardAaron

2. Avery

Avery Sleeping Dinosaur Restaff

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
  3. BardAaron

First Language:
    English
    I have checked your list, before making this thread, and checked again last night, and have not found what I am looking for.  It is possible there is something somewhere in one of the japanese sites, but after an hour or more of clicking any link in case it MIGHT be what I'm looking for, I can't take any more blind clicking. 

Would it be helpful to gather some pictures of the kind of features I am looking for?  Honestly it mostly amounts to looking at the lips, noses, and hair of Black people that I'd like to see worked into generator parts.

4. BardAaron

First Language:
    English
    Hey, this to my knowledge still hasn't been addressed.   A while back, I made some pieces of my own that worked well enough, but I lost them when my computer got stolen, so I thought I'd put this out there again. 

Still looking for "Black" Hairstyles & facial features for the Ace Generator.

5. JamesVoss

JamesVoss Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    There's probably a really simple reason that I'm not seeing but why not just recolor pieces that match the shape you're looking for?

6. CallMeKerrigan

CallMeKerrigan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have a lot of gen parts here including large lips and a set of tight braids. 

I forgot what all I made but I have a lot of Ace gen parts, you may find something you like.